Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

The HS with the longest winning streak in the nation (and best overall record in history I believe) located in CA runs the veer and has forever. I think the kids will buy in on it. Spirits are high. The problem will be for the coaches to keep them at that level and build on it. That is were the fans and parents and students come in. This is a Jefferson County program and everyone should their best to support it regardless. Yes there will be problems with it (new play scheme) but thats normal.

Let's get behind this program and quit all the griping.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is this, with all of the former JC football players that are curreently coaching high school football (several with head coaching experience) why did very few (2) even apply for the job. The root of the problem goes much deeper than the players, coaches. I think that none of them want to work under coach K and Mr. S. They have made two pretty bad hires in the past and then offer the job to a 20 something year old with no head coaching or any real coordinating experience. Coach K's response int he paper was that "Gut" (Another issue) showed great ability to go and talk to the middle school parents showed him thta "Gut" was ready to be a head coach. Come on, I can go and talk to middle school parents so I guess I will apply in a few years when "Gut" gets tired of working for these jokers.

Very well put. I'm in full support of the program but the points listed are valid.

Its time for Coach K to step down and let someone who is pro-active, creative and more demanding take over the AD job. He is just going thru the motions and taking the money.

I have no problem with "Gut" as a football coach or as a person. I have only talked to him once or twice but he seems like a good guy. My only cocern is his lack of experience as a coach in general. I heard GQ say one time that no is ready to be a head coach when they start out, but "Gut" only has three years of coaching experience at all.

Not to say the same thing twice, but why did no other JCHS grads apply. When the program was on track in the 80's, The motto used to be "once a Patriot, always a Patriot." With that tyupe of loyalty and pride you would think more Former JC players that are current coaches would have applied. I think they did not because they know it is a bad situation with the current administration...Coach K and Mr. S

I have no problem with "Gut" as a football coach or as a person. I have only talked to him once or twice but he seems like a good guy. My only cocern is his lack of experience as a coach in general. I heard GQ say one time that no is ready to be a head coach when they start out, but "Gut" only has three years of coaching experience at all.

Not to say the same thing twice, but why did no other JCHS grads apply. When the program was on track in the 80's, The motto used to be "once a Patriot, always a Patriot." With that tyupe of loyalty and pride you would think more Former JC players that are current coaches would have applied. I think they did not because they know it is a bad situation with the current administration...Coach K and Mr. S

Well it seems that when you talk about coaches and others who leave Jefferson County to go elsewhere i.e. hutchins, you always here about how they and the admin isnt on good terms, just more jc politics.

I don't agree that the veer is outdated but CN has not had near the success with the veer as they have had in the past. They have been middle of the road for the past several years, even when gut was there.

My question is this, with all of the former JC football players that are curreently coaching high school football (several with head coaching experience) why did very few (2) even apply for the job. The root of the problem goes much deeper than the players, coaches. I think that none of them want to work under coach K and Mr. S. They have made two pretty bad hires in the past and then offer the job to a 20 something year old with no head coaching or any real coordinating experience. Coach K's response int he paper was that "Gut" (Another issue) showed great ability to go and talk to the middle school parents showed him thta "Gut" was ready to be a head coach. Come on, I can go and talk to middle school parents so I guess I will apply in a few years when "Gut" gets tired of working for these jokers.

"jokers"!! Are you serious? Obviously you are one of these people that like to act like you have a valid point when really its nothing but garbage. Kisabeth has been and always will be a great help to JCHS!! The man will go into the TSSAA hall of fame one day!! Mr. S is a great principal and does a fantastic job!! Maybe you should quit crying because your "favorite candidate" didnt get the job. This goes for all on this thread that thinks the same thing as you do!! Everyone wants to complain about the football program...K has to go.....its his fault that Meadows left....coach Euv was a mistake and he has to go.....and now, the day after finding out who the new coach is, you want to slam Coach K and Mr. S? What is wrong with you people? No wander former JCHS grads didnt want to apply, its because of people like you!!! Well, I hate to break it to you but this is a professional process and the right (best) man for the job was hire. This isnt American Idol and youre opinion doesnt count....so eat it and get over your crying about everything. Guess what, your opinion doesnt and never will matter to anyone when it comes to JCHS. If you want to get involved and maybe have a shot at having things done your way, then maybe you should coach little league. If you get lucky enough to possibly get hired. Everything is great so keep your opinions to yourself because you know nothing. GOOD JOB MR. S and COACH K!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!

HEY "NON RECRUITED"!!! STILLf9d ABOUT THAT ONE!! ANYWAY, GOOD POINT, BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK WE HAVE ALL THE COACHES IN PLACE TO TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND. YOU KNOW WHO I KNOW PERSONALLY, BUT THE FEW I DONT KNOW THERE COULD BE SOME QUESTION MARKS!! WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT WHO THE COORDS. ARE??

Well it seems that when you talk about coaches and others who leave Jefferson County to go elsewhere i.e. hutchins, you always here about how they and the admin isnt on good terms, just more jc politics.

Hutchins? If you were a terrible coach and got a friendly firing, you would be mad too. Delozier is a great man, not a high school football coach. And who has done so well from JCHS other than GQ? Exactly. Not all great players make great coaches.

HEY "NON RECRUITED"!!! STILLf9d ABOUT THAT ONE!! ANYWAY, GOOD POINT, BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK WE HAVE ALL THE COACHES IN PLACE TO TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND. YOU KNOW WHO I KNOW PERSONALLY, BUT THE FEW I DONT KNOW THERE COULD BE SOME QUESTION MARKS!! WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT WHO THE COORDS. ARE??

Honestly yes I do and Ill tell you why. This is the first coaching staff, as long as no one else is hired, that works well together since the late 90's. Everyone respects each other and all have a solid 80's 90's background as far as what JCHS is supposed to be. True, there are a few not from the area, but as far as I know from getting to know them, they do a great job. We will see a great turn around this year. Believe it. However, great fans make a great football team. Our fanbase isnt what it was in the 80's and 90's. Complainers and crybaby's now-a-days. If the fans come back, and get their back....JCHS will be a powerhouse once again. GO PATRIOTS!!!!