Scotts Hill Football

Nedn1stgrade

After several years of speculation, Scotts Hill will be getting a football team in 2008, in part because they are tired of losing students to Lexington and Decatur County. They will probably be placed in Region 8 with Middleton, Manassas, Fayette Academy, Halls, and TCA, assuming what has happened to JCS doesn't happen to TCA (I speculate if that happens, Perry County could be moved back to Region 8, which they were in before last year). Any thoughts on this? Could they attract a coach who can build a winning program? It probably wouldn't be that tough to make the playoffs, but could they get out of the 1st or 2nd round vs. McKenzie, Bruceton, and Union City?

After several years of speculation, Scotts Hill will be getting a football team in 2008, in part because they are tired of losing students to Lexington and Decatur County. They will probably be placed in Region 8 with Middleton, Manassas, Fayette Academy, Halls, and TCA, assuming what has happened to JCS doesn't happen to TCA (I speculate if that happens, Perry County could be moved back to Region 8, which they were in before last year). Any thoughts on this? Could they attract a coach who can build a winning program? It probably wouldn't be that tough to make the playoffs, but could they get out of the 1st or 2nd round vs. McKenzie, Bruceton, and Union City?

It will be hard for Scotts Hill in football for a long long time. Might be even harder to find a decent coach for that program.

Many people said the same thing about Perry County and they have started to come around. Its just takes a little time. :thumb:

I admit that if Scotts Hill can get past certain barriers, they could have a decent program. They just have a lot to overcome. They could pull some pretty good players because a lot of kids would choose to play at 1A Scotts Hill rather than 3A Lexington. With the majority of the powerhouse 1A privates moving up to 2A, Scotts Hill would appeal to a lot of players.

I agree about Clarksburg. They could be very successful. I don't know why they don't have one. The lose a lot of kids to Lexington, Bruceton, and Huntingdon for that reason alone. If they had a team, Lexington would be hurt especially.

Many people said the same thing about Perry County and they have started to come around. Its just takes a little time. :thumb:

Thanks for the nod to PC. And yes, it will take a little time, but if they get a good coach, and if there is a lot of interest, it shouldn't take too long. It has taken PC almost 10 years, but we have always been primarily a basketball county. It has been hard fielding a team in years past. I think that is about to change, though!

I think if Scott's Hill can attract players that would have gone to Lexington, they will have a shot.

I coached in Perry County when the program first started, and I am currently coaching in Alabama where the school is just starting their football program. Therefore I am very experianced in starting new programs. The most important thing is to have support from the community. If the parents and community stands behind the program, it will eventually take shape. The parents in Perry County are AWESOME!!! they stand behing their team. Most coaches are willing to work and do what it takes to build a program as long as they have support. Congratulations Scotts Hill and good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...