Smith County @ Livingston Academy

Stark1

i think Smith has a good chance to knock them off. but i think L.A.'s coach is a pretty good coach and has probably made the wildcats have a long week of practice because they have lost 3 in a row, it's really bad timing for smith 2 catch L.A. after a 3 game skid, but they still got a shot, it will be hard 4 them to stop ramsey, it's really in dunn's hands if L.A. wins or not

From what little I've seen and heard of LA, it seems most of the time it's in Dunn's hands as to how successful the Cats are. I think he averages bout 20 a game. Looks like he's the big gun.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One could also make another argument. LA being on a downward spiral and not playing well. The Owls played the best I've seen them play to date. The Wildcats could be the ones in for the long night at their place.

Owls by 3.

The Owls don't have the proverbial "horses" to slow down LA this year. Look for LA to vent some frustrations out on this game and win by 32!

LA 92

SC 60

I guess you could say I've seen my share of games. Early 90's were the best stretch I've seen in this area. The 2 teams we had go to the dance were the best I've seen from SC. Dirk Ashe is the best coach to have been here. The York (P. Smith, Beaty boys), LA (Melton, Swallow), Upperman (Haggard squad) teams were all tough.

coach vaughn and coach halfacre best ever in this league hossfly......nobody else even close. best team...89 smith co.....nobody else even close.

Edited by ruppsrunt

coach vaughn and coach halfacre best ever in this league hossfly......nobody else even close. best team...89 smith co.....nobody else even close.

You got the coaches right but you must not have seen the LA team in early 80's with the Eldridge twins, McCoin, Vaughn, and Hummel. Only team in this area that would compare(that I've seen) would be the Celina team of the approximate same time with Coe, Arms, Strong and co. Could be you are not quite as old as me!! :lol::o

The Owls don't have the proverbial "horses" to slow down LA this year. Look for LA to vent some frustrations out on this game and win by 32!

LA 92

SC 60

Thats a bold prediction. Given the fact that Smith beat a team by 15, that took LA to double OT. But who knows, if we come out flat, and they are shooting well, it could be bad, but I do not see it happening. Gonna go with my Owls by 3.

You got the coaches right but you must not have seen the LA team in early 80's with the Eldridge twins, McCoin, Vaughn, and Hummel. Only team in this area that would compare(that I've seen) would be the Celina team of the approximate same time with Coe, Arms, Strong and co. Could be you are not quite as old as me!! :D:o

well i am pretty dogone old hoss. yeah that was a great team old buddy. watched them play bolton hs at tech on a sunday afternoon 20 something years ago. bolton was coached by my old buddy the late joe branch. celina stayed with them the entire game. those 3 were great country boy players.

Give me the Owls and 20 and you've got yourself some action every night. I love it when folks underestimate people based on the results of a single contest. Owls can win this game on the road. It's been done before at mighty LA.

Not likely to happen though as Smith Co. is down this year from previous years and LA will be on a mission to erase the bad taste in their mouth of a 3 game losing streak. If LA's guards are on they might drop 100 on Smith Co. and if not then it will be a 10 point victory for LA. I actually see it somewhere inbetween however i could be mistaken....:D

Not likely to happen though as Smith Co. is down this year from previous years and LA will be on a mission to erase the bad taste in their mouth of a 3 game losing streak. If LA's guards are on they might drop 100 on Smith Co. and if not then it will be a 10 point victory for LA. I actually see it somewhere inbetween however i could be mistaken....:D

Down from previous years???? Yea they are down from years past, but did u forget about last year? They have eclipsed their win total of last season by 3 so far this year. Thats definitly not down. They will not drop 100. The score will be in the 60's I'll say.

I would have to think that Coach Melton wouldn't be putting together a new plan. Their whole game revolves around if they are hitting threes or not, and if they are getting turnovers out of their press. I would say he just has practiced their shooting alot. Their last couple games their point totals have seemed lower than normal.

I saw them play Dekalb, and their press was innefective, and they shot themselves out of the game by taking un-needed threes. They are a good team, but very beatable. As that has been proved now about 7 times this season I believe, just not yet by us. I think we'll be ok tonight. Good luck Owls

Down from previous years???? Yea they are down from years past, but did u forget about last year? They have eclipsed their win total of last season by 3 so far this year. Thats definitly not down. They will not drop 100. The score will be in the 60's I'll say.

I would have to think that Coach Melton wouldn't be putting together a new plan. Their whole game revolves around if they are hitting threes or not, and if they are getting turnovers out of their press. I would say he just has practiced their shooting alot. Their last couple games their point totals have seemed lower than normal.

I saw them play Dekalb, and their press was innefective, and they shot themselves out of the game by taking un-needed threes. They are a good team, but very beatable. As that has been proved now about 7 times this season I believe, just not yet by us. I think we'll be ok tonight. Good luck Owls

Very good analogy and i agree with you. However if they are hitting their 3's they can run a "good" team out of the gym and don't think, if given the chance, they won't drop 100 on you even if they're up by 30 because it will happen i assure you of that. They play fast paced from the first guy on the floor to the last so it could happen but more than likely i see the game in the 70-80 range but 90+ is not out of the question if they're hot! :D

May be a little off topic, but look at these comparisons in schedules of the 7AA teams.

according to Coacht these are in order of TEAM, STRENGTH RANK, and SCHEDULE RANK:

Dekalb Co. 46th & 71st

York Inst. 60th & 62nd

Smith Co. 53rd & 61st

Cannon Co. 91st & 36th

Macon Co. 31st & 80th

Upperman 39th & 88th

Livingston 16th & 3rd

guess that kind of scheduling makes LA's youth have to grow up fast. I wonder if it could explain some of their letdowns or losing close games.

Edited by scrubadubdub