Anderson County Update

bratman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bratman I dont know how you judge talent, but I wouldnt be throwing around these Girls are College Prospects and the best in this area. Their is still some awful good talent in East Tn. Im not dis these Girls I hope they all play College ball if they choose but its not that easy. If you are trying to say this is a Coaching problem they have been contending pretty well for the last 6 or 7 years in their District and Region with some of the Best OS Loudon Seymour and AE just to mention a few that have all been going to State for quite a few years so I dont think Coaching has been a problem its just like all programs having a few bumps in the road.

I do not think Bratman is trying to stir anything up he just asked how the program is doing, he put his time in at AC and has that right, and people respond. Looking at the past responses it appears that there are others who are turning it into more than it is. Experience proves where there is this much passion things are either very good or very bad, in this case it is not hard to determine which it is. If you don't want to let it go any farther don't respond.

If coaching is not the problem then why has so many good players left this program. I can tell you from first hand experiance that coaching is the problem. You have a coach that destoys a girls love for playing the game. He is a coach that does not know the game and can not handle getting beat. He blames players when it is his poor coaching that loses games. There will be another exodus of players again this year because people don't want to play for a man like this.

QUOTE(mavvillage @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826337411[/snapback]

If coaching is not the problem then why has so many good players left this program. I can tell you from first hand experiance that coaching is the problem. You have a coach that destoys a girls love for playing the game. He is a coach that does not know the game and can not handle getting beat. He blames players when it is his poor coaching that loses games. There will be another exodus of players again this year because people don't want to play for a man like this.

Very well put. I revert back to the terrible job of coaching he did during the District Tournament last year. Loudon beat AC for one reason and one reason only, Coaching.

Somebody finally said what bratman wanted to here. A bashing of the coach. WOW!! Everyone can be happy now. Now that we know no one is happy with the coach. Who would take the job? Anyone Know? Did anyone feel this way last year when they were like 10-2 early in the season?

QUOTE(geico @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826337618[/snapback]

Somebody finally said what bratman wanted to here. A bashing of the coach. WOW!! Everyone can be happy now. Now that we know no one is happy with the coach. Who would take the job? Anyone Know? Did anyone feel this way last year when they were like 10-2 early in the season?

I'm not bashing the coach, did you happen to see AC play Loudon last year in the District Championship? What do you think the root cause of them losing to an inferior team was in that game. Dont confuse Coach Bashing with facts!

I dont know or have any Children on either of these Teams, but I thought both Loudon and AC were pretty even match last year. An this year I think Loudon is a little better team but I think again you all need to look at who both teams have to compete with before judgement day. I dont know either Coach personally but I think they have both done pretty decent Coaching jobs for what they have had over the years. I certainly dont know how AC Coach personally is, but I do know Girls quit for a variety of reasons but fans always seem to think its because of the Coach and most the time its playing time or Win or loss record. All Schools have bumps in the road, take Kingston this year everyone was saying how good they were gonna be early now look and how many have quit their team?

QUOTE(BBALLTN @ Jan 19 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826337712[/snapback]

I dont know or have any Children on either of these Teams, but I thought both Loudon and AC were pretty even match last year. An this year I think Loudon is a little better team but I think again you all need to look at who both teams have to compete with before judgement day. I dont know either Coach personally but I think they have both done pretty decent Coaching jobs for what they have had over the years. I certainly dont know how AC Coach personally is, but I do know Girls quit for a variety of reasons but fans always seem to think its because of the Coach and most the time its playing time or Win or loss record. All Schools have bumps in the road, take Kingston this year everyone was saying how good they were gonna be early now look and how many have quit their team?

Please clairfy what you mean by ***look how many have quit so far***. As far as I know, only one quit and the following day after she quit, she came back and asked if she could stay on the team but was told no. Another player was expelled from school so she wont be back on the team but she didnt quit. She's off the team for other reasons.

If it is not the coach then tell me why six players from last year's 20 win season aren't playing this year. Winning and losing have nothing to do with why the girls quit. Of these six players five got plenty of playing time. The first and second leading scorers on the team last year was part of these six. So playing time is not the reason either. There is only one reason 20 something girls have left the program in the past five years............Coaching!