Tornado Duals

pantheon

I think it's very interesting that a debate regarding the Sharpshooters and NCW is taking place on a thread that was started to CONGRATULATE the outstanding middle schoolers that wrestled in the Tornado Duals.

While Middle TN continues to debate what's fair and not fair, the Chattanooga wrestling programs will continue to improve. As a wrestling community we should applaud the success of our young people and the time committment of the coaches and parents instrumental in that success.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826333914[/snapback]

cbg, my friend from South FL by way of middle TN, do you... may I ask? If this is such an issue that you and Hoosierdad are so terribly concerned about, why do you two insist on broadcasting this so? Coach Richie and Simpson and crew are good people who will not do anything to jeopardize their kids in any way. Relax and let's support the growth of this great sport statewide!!

Clueless has become Ignorance. Soms, you are the one who broadcasted this, not me. I only mentioned possible rule violations, however, you don't seem to care, you are only looking for the competiton. I and nobody else would have known this if not for your post. You broadcasted this, not I. Remember, when you pointed the finger at me and cbg, 3 are pointing back at you. I find it hard that Coach Simpson would have allowed this. Did Coach Simpson approve this at Oakland? Did Coach Richie approve this.

Soms, continue what you are doing, when somebody gets penalized, don't be upset when they get irate with you.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826333920[/snapback]

I think it's very interesting that a debate regarding the Sharpshooters and NCW is taking place on a thread that was started to CONGRATULATE the outstanding middle schoolers that wrestled in the Tornado Duals.

While Middle TN continues to debate what's fair and not fair, the Chattanooga wrestling programs will continue to improve. As a wrestling community we should applaud the success of our young people and the time committment of the coaches and parents instrumental in that success.

Not sure what you mean by NCW as this is about two high school teams wrestling a middle school team.

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 15 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826332361[/snapback]

Soms,

You have all of the wrestlers from Rutherford County on your team along with home school wrestlers, so in my opinion you should win. How will the athletes be divided when they have to attend Siegel, Smyrna, Lavergne, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale high schools?

IMO, Tullahoma did a great job and will all of their wrestlers not attend Tullahoma High School? Nashville Catholic does get their wrestlers from the local parochial schools but those are very small schools that only have between 10-20 boys per grade level.

The teams that I feel sorry for are the Mt. Juliet's, West Wilsons, Warren County, etc... that have to compete against your Rutherford County All-Star team. Those wrestlers are from a true school team that must adhere to academic & conduct standards that their school has established. Club teams have no such standards required of them.

Baylor has a very good team and all of those wrestlers do attend Baylor Middle School.

An inital post made reference to the Sharpshooter having the advantage over NCW and Tullahoma, etc.

I was simply saying that it should be about promoting the sport in a positive light. The Baylor, McCallie, Bradley Central, and Soddy Daisy middle school programs will continue to improve. Middle TN schools and clubs need to be nervous in the years to come with the young talent in Chatt Town.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826333921[/snapback]

Philippians, that's the second time you have mentioned NCW (that I recall). Please don't bring them into this. There is no debate concerning NCW and I'm not sure where you got that idea. And let me be perfectly clear, NCW does not consider itself at a disadvantage to anyone and I'm not sure where you got that idea either. We applaud the Sharpshooters success and look forward to seeing them on the mat for years to come.

QUOTE(bkpres @ Jan 16 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826333956[/snapback]

Philippians, that's the second time you have mentioned NCW (that I recall). Please don't bring them into this. There is no debate concerning NCW and I'm not sure where you got that idea. And let me be perfectly clear, NCW does not consider itself at a disadvantage to anyone and I'm not sure where you got that idea either. We applaud the Sharpshooters success and look forward to seeing them on the mat for years to come.

bkpres

My apology. My post weren't intended to cause a conflict. Perhaps I misread the post. I do realize that NCW has a group of fine young men and outstanding wrestlers.

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Jan 16 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826333943[/snapback]

An inital post made reference to the Sharpshooter having the advantage over NCW and Tullahoma, etc.

I was simply saying that it should be about promoting the sport in a positive light. The Baylor, McCallie, Bradley Central, and Soddy Daisy middle school programs will continue to improve. Middle TN schools and clubs need to be nervous in the years to come with the young talent in Chatt Town.

ALOT...ALOT of respect for the Chatt. wrestling programs...They are indeed the standard overall in Tenn.

But...NERVOUS...No

Both Middle Tenn and Chatt. having great programs only helps the sport of wrestling in TN...

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826333921[/snapback]

Hey Phillipians, there were several middle TN wrestlers at the McCallie Duals who took names on the Baylor and McCallie kids.

I was pretty impressed with the level of competition at the tornado duals, just a few things i'd like to mention, the Woodland coaching staff was very good and very supportive of their wrestlers, i knew nothing about their program before last saturday but it definitely caught my eye, baylor has improved from early on in the season when they took 3rd at the cleveland duals and Lake Forest and McCallie finished ahead of them, Lake forest had some fun wrestlers to watch their light weight is a great young wrestler i think his name is dakota? anyways I look forward to seeing how he turns out in years to come, anyone know what grade he is in? Congradulations to Baylor they stuck enough kids in the the finals to come out with the win. I didnt get a chance to watch Dalton, or Maryville at all but both teams looked good from a distance.

QUOTE(hilltopper @ Jan 17 2007 - 03:02 AM) 826334531[/snapback]

I was pretty impressed with the level of competition at the tornado duals, just a few things i'd like to mention, the Woodland coaching staff was very good and very supportive of their wrestlers, i knew nothing about their program before last saturday but it definitely caught my eye, baylor has improved from early on in the season when they took 3rd at the cleveland duals and Lake Forest and McCallie finished ahead of them, Lake forest had some fun wrestlers to watch their light weight is a great young wrestler i think his name is dakota? anyways I look forward to seeing how he turns out in years to come, anyone know what grade he is in? Congradulations to Baylor they stuck enough kids in the the finals to come out with the win. I didnt get a chance to watch Dalton, or Maryville at all but both teams looked good from a distance.

Dakota Rheem is a sixth grader that came through the Bradley wrestling club system. Just a note: Lake Forest finished 4th. They were a true public system, non allstar team middle school team.

QUOTE(pantheon @ Jan 14 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826331497[/snapback]

Participating middle schools: (1/13/07)

Baylor

Cleveland

Dalton

Eastbrook

East Ridge

Hunter

Lake Forest

Maryville

McCallie

Ocoee

Praetorian Club

Seymour

Woodland

1st Place - Baylor defeated Praetorian, 45-39

3rd Place - McCallie defeated Lake Forest, 38-35

5th Place - Cleveland defeated Seymour, 46-38

Congrats to Baylor, especially for defeating a tough Praetorian team twice.

The Middle TN Grandchampionships (Jan 21) will host 16 middle schools in dual meet action. Any and all interested in a more true measurement of their team's strength with others around the state contact Tim, PA, or Brad Fiscus soon.

at wrestling@fiscusconsulting.com

Thanks

Brad Fiscus

Mat Control

If this will not work, you are also invited to test at the Sheriff's Shoot Out on Feb 3rd in Murfreesboro.

This is an informal AAU event for extra mat time and could help MORE to decide the champions of TN.

The URL is http://safewrestling.com/

bill kennedy [srokennedy@yahoo.com]

Add'l info:

Sheriff’s Shoot Out

7th Annual

Wrestling Tournament

February 3, 2007

Siegel High School

3300 Siegel Rd

Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37128

Sponsored by the Sheriff’s “Sharp Shooters” wrestling club

AAU Wrestling Tournament (TN. National Team Qualifier)

Event Schedule is as follows: All times Central Standard Time

Weigh-Ins* Tournament

Saturday: Tots & Midget 7:00 - 7:30 am 8:30- 12:30 pm

Bantam & Junior 11:00-11:30 am 12:45 -4:45 pm

Middle School 3:30 - 4:00 pm 5:00 – 9:30 pm

(Coaches Meeting will begin 1 hour before start of each tournament)

bill kennedy [srokennedy@yahoo.com]

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 15 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826332342[/snapback]

How good is GLMS (Gordon Lee) this year? Any recent match-ups with them?

Is Baylor the strongest in all of East TN and North GA this year? I've been hearing about that developing crop.

Where is Praetorian from?

Is there a chance that our Rutherford Co Club/Sharp Shooters will meet Baylor anywhere? We just won the Middle TN Conf. championships with Ryan's (Nash. Catholic), Clarksville's, Cookeville's, Tullahoma's and 10 or so other teams there and beat the field by over 100 points (10+ finalists). BTW - Tull & Cook. did well to pull into the 2nd and 3rd spots in this one.

The sharpshooters and Baylor could be a good match-up right now, or should lead to more parity for future TN wrestling at leat.

Note: The Sharpshooter are entering a full line-up at the McGavock Grand Championships on the 20th. (This weekend)

I would like to thank you for the comments on the Praetorian team. It seems that people don,t understand that it is hard to do what coach Pinkstaff has done. He has put together a good team that cooperates as long distance family. Some of the bad comments have come from teams that will later let their wrestlers wrestle for Team Praetorian. Why can they not see that the championship match was tied till the last match. My son had a great time wrestling for Team Praetorian. He read some of the postings and didn,t understand what the big deal was. I told him that some people were upset that he and other wrestlers got out of the house and wrestled. Remember that if no kids show up, there can be no tournament. Wrestle hard wrestle forever!!!!!!