Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson County maybe 13-8 overall but they are in the top 5 in Single A... The only 2 single A teams they have lost 2 are RBS & Clarkrange.. who are #1 & #2 over all by your poll... which JC lost by 4 points both times to RBS, and had a 5 point game going into the 4th quarter @ C-range & just had a aweful 4th Quarter... I do believe we all will admit that no one wants to play them elimanation time...

1. Clarkrange

2. RBS

3. Gleason

4. Summertown

5. Jackson Co

6. Forrest

None of these 6 are head and shoulders above each other, but they are above the rest...

QUOTE(paintwatcher @ Jan 16 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826333988[/snapback]

ptguard12, you got a list of other teams just outside your top 15 that you're keeping a watch on? No explanations needed. Just wanted to pick your brain. Thanks

Yes, I keep a list of teams who I consider to be the best 30 teams in the state and I revise that list each week. The list I post merely shows the top half of that list.

QUOTE(LBJames23Fan @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:20 AM) 826334621[/snapback]

Jackson County maybe 13-8 overall but they are in the top 5 in Single A... The only 2 single A teams they have lost 2 are RBS & Clarkrange.. who are #1 & #2 over all by your poll... which JC lost by 4 points both times to RBS, and had a 5 point game going into the 4th quarter @ C-range & just had a aweful 4th Quarter... I do believe we all will admit that no one wants to play them elimanation time...

1. Clarkrange

2. RBS

3. Gleason

4. Summertown

5. Jackson Co

6. Forrest

None of these 6 are head and shoulders above each other, but they are above the rest...

I did the same thing to Forrest when they lost all of those early season games. Jackson County needs to win one of those games. They do play one heck of a schedule and I will give them that. However, I cannot keep a team that keeps losing in the Top 10 when everyone else around them keeps winning. I fully expect Jackson County to be back before the end of the year, but I would like to see them actually pull off a victory against RBS or Clarkrange.

Also, I don't know how you don't include Collinwood in that list considering they beat Summertown by double digits (when they had Franks) and only lost to Gleason by 3.....

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Jan 16 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826334008[/snapback]

If Greenfield wins either game this week, will they be in your top 10? I know they have 3 losses, but they also beat Westview by 10. They redeemed one loss by beating S. Fulton at their place and play Lake Co. tonight. I appreciate your passion, but am still trying to figure out this logic. Keep up the good work.

Greenfield's inconsistent play at the beginning of the year concerned me a bit and they dropped quite a bit. Considering District 14A is down this year, it sort of brings down their strength of schedule. However, they are working their way back towards the Top 10 and their win tonight over Lake County helped that cause alot. Now, I would really like to see them give Gleason a very tough game and a win would be huge.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826334322[/snapback]

Lake County has a very good team and it came down to the last second. Greenfield wins 34-33 against Lake County on a FT with 1.8 seconds. The Lady Jackets didnt shoot well but found a way to win. Good win girls. The win puts Greenfield back in sole possession of 2nd place in the district behind Gleason.

*Next up the Gleason Bulldogs. No pressure on the Lady Jackets, alot of pressure on the #1 Ranked 18-0 Bulldogs and the game is at Greenfield. Could be a barnburner.

Good luck to Greenfield against Gleason...The win probably sealed Greenfield a home game in the district tournament from how I hear they are doing things this year and the loss probably kept Lake Co from breaking in the top 10 but I've seen Lake Co lose a lot of games like this in the girls over the past several years..I've seen them have a 5 point lead and the ball with under two minutes to play and instead of sittting on the ball and making a team come out and hopefully foul..shoot long 3 point shots and watch the other team come down and score...And with the game tied last night ..throw the ball away on an inbounds when if they set a screen and come to the ball,would have at least a overtime..They're young ..but all the teams over the years have had this problem..they don't know how to sit on a lead...but shoot a crazy shot and put the other team back in the game..And ..like I said in an earlier post..Greenfield has a good mteam and it's a tough place to come away with a win..Again ..Good luck against Gleason

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:28 AM) 826334624[/snapback]

I did the same thing to Forrest when they lost all of those early season games. Jackson County needs to win one of those games. They do play one heck of a schedule and I will give them that. However, I cannot keep a team that keeps losing in the Top 10 when everyone else around them keeps winning. I fully expect Jackson County to be back before the end of the year, but I would like to see them actually pull off a victory against RBS or Clarkrange.

Also, I don't know how you don't include Collinwood in that list considering they beat Summertown by double digits (when they had Franks) and only lost to Gleason by 3.....

You'll have to wait till the district and region tournaments roll around then you'll see Jackson Co. win one of those games and to get to the state tournament thats all they have to do is win just ONE of those games!

QUOTE(LBJames23Fan @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:20 AM) 826334621[/snapback]

1. Clarkrange

2. RBS

3. Gleason

4. Summertown

5. Jackson Co

6. Forrest

These are all good teams including Jackson County however TCA I believe can play with any of these 6. Their only two loses have come at the hands of 2 2A schools one being Dyer County when the Cupples girl was hot and scored 30+ points against us. The other was against Milan who is in the top 10 in 2A. We got off to a slow start against them but were in that game as late as the fourth quarter as the score was 30-32 until Poston made a 5 point unaswered run. Since then we have won every district game by double digits against quality teams such as Scotts Hill who would be in a lot of peoples top 15 in 1A. We have won over two good 2A schools also, in Jackson Southside, currently number 2 in their district and Gibson County a school that has a lot of young talent that has not developed yet. Balanced scoring in every position makes it hard to choose who to shutdown with every starter being the leading scoring for the team at some point during the season. We have inside height with 2 players Cricket Glenn at 6'0 and Jamie Vailles at 6' 1" who play tough defensively as well as outside skilled players who know how to defend and score. Don't overlook us

QUOTE(tcaladylionsfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826335025[/snapback]

These are all good teams including Jackson County however TCA I believe can play with any of these 6. Their only two loses have come at the hands of 2 2A schools one being Dyer County when the Cupples girl was hot and scored 30+ points against us. The other was against Milan who is in the top 10 in 2A. We got off to a slow start against them but were in that game as late as the fourth quarter as the score was 30-32 until Poston made a 5 point unaswered run. Since then we have won every district game by double digits against quality teams such as Scotts Hill who would be in a lot of peoples top 15 in 1A. We have won over two good 2A schools also, in Jackson Southside, currently number 2 in their district and Gibson County a school that has a lot of young talent that has not developed yet. Balanced scoring in every position makes it hard to choose who to shutdown with every starter being the leading scoring for the team at some point during the season. We have inside height with 2 players Cricket Glenn at 6'0 and Jamie Vailles at 6' 1" who play tough defensively as well as outside skilled players who know how to defend and score. Don't overlook us

I agree TCA will be there in murfreesboro in March..........but I think they need a home substate game to do it.........

tcaladylionsfan,

Some of these folks have 7A on a pedestal, most of them are 7A people. Let them think what they want to. All the hype is on the Clark Range/RBS game Friday night. Dont tell them but the big game in the state Friday night is the Gleason/Greenfield game. TCA can play with anybody as well as some others outside 7A. If I had to pick the toughest region it would be 6A as a whole but there are a few teams in west Tennessee that know basketball to. Keep it going down south and we hope to see you again down the road.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826335140[/snapback]

tcaladylionsfan,

Some of these folks have 7A on a pedestal, most of them are 7A people. Let them think what they want to. All the hype is on the Clark Range/RBS game Friday night. Dont tell them but the big game in the state Friday night is the Gleason/Greenfield game. TCA can play with anybody as well as some others outside 7A. If I had to pick the toughest region it would be 6A as a whole but there are a few teams in west Tennessee that know basketball to. Keep it going down south and we hope to see you again down the road.

Your state of cluelessness must be under all systems go...Until a West TN team proves themselves, the Gold Ball in Single A will go through middle TN, specifically 7A. Take nothing away from Forest, great championship game last year and you deserved it, but from what ditrict did you play for the title and the max number of teams from that district made it to the state tournament.

And by the way, two teams from district 7A will make it to he state tourn. again this year...

I know we all discuss these kind of things all the time, and it's a lot of fun....who's better, who's got it the hardest, what teams will be there in the end, etc..........but looking at the stats right now, I am not sure anyone can argue that 6A has by far got the toughest road to make it to Murfreesboro. The rest of us may have a tough team or 2 and some of us may not have that ( doesn't mean we still can't get beat though ), but there are seriously 5-6 teams in that Region that could be there in the end.....just real glad my team is from a different Region And I know we can play ball with any A team, just tough to be that good for that many games..........