Lawrence Co upsets Shelbyville

persistant

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 19 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826337472[/snapback]

That's why this could go LCH's way. The last two times I have been to Shelbyville, they have lost. It may be 3 if I go to the Wilson Central game. They can loose there and it could happen tonight.

Yes, I'll be in Smyrna.

Speaking of Smyrna, Shelbyville had better look out for them. They are, maybe, the most improved team since the begining of the year.

BWG - I can appreciate any girls basketball fan who roots hard for his team and takes the extra time to scout out the chief competition as well. Good luck to you and drive safe!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt, even still, that Shelbyville is the measuring stick that all of the other teams in this area compare themselves to. They were the team of the 90's. It started in the mid to late 80's and then into the early part of this centry. They still have a target on their backs as far as anyone else is concerned. The good teams will always play their best games against them. Just like they do against Mt. Juliet. I have seen it many times. That's part of why it is so amazing that Mt. Juliet has not lost a home game in more than 5 years. The target keeps getting bigger and sooner or later someone will hit the BIG target. It will probably be when you least expect it. So, you had better expect it. (At least the players and coaches need to.)

I am totally stunned. I know Lawrence Co has a good team but I never imagined they could beat Shelbyville at the grill, I guess its still called the grill or did they stop calling it that after the little general left for MTSU?

My hats off to the Lady Wildcats. Congraulations.

Mt. Juliet had a dog fight at Smyrna winning 62-59. Lady Bears had a 10 point lead late and some questionable calls were made in the frantic late couple minutes. Smyrna is one of the toughest places to go and win on the road.

So with these events does this mean Mt. Juliet is now going to be ranked #1 ?

I don't know how Mt. Juliet could lose all 5 starters from last years team and beat Wilson Central (with the 3 headed monster returning) and Smyrna (with 3 of their starters returning) Must be great coaching by Chris Fryer.

Going to be an exciting lead up to the tournaments