Dobyns-Bennett wins #2,000

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826342496[/snapback]

My question is why is DB constantly being ranked over THS in RON BLISS’s NET Top 10 Rankings on tricitiessports.com? How does he continue to justify that when the Vikings beat the Indians in their only contest of the year so far, and they are tied in conference wins and losses but have a better overall record than DB. Even after THS and Central both beat DB earlier in the season; he still ranked DB higher than both. I think he ever had Unicoi Co ranked over the Vikings at one point. I've also noticed that he even prints stories written by DB parents. He should just call his paper "DBandtherestsports.com".

I think tonights game answered you question. Ron Bliss is smarter than you think.

QUOTE(skunk @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:26 AM) 826343791[/snapback]

Centralia's mascot is the Orphans...now how politically incorrect might that be...I bet everyone who has ever played the lead in "Little Orphan Annie" will demand a change.

Roll Tribe Roll

As strange as it may sound, the mascot for Centralia's girls' teams is the 'Orphan Annies'.

I assume that everyone read the small blurb in the USA Today regarding the 2000th win. Heck, my contacts in Aiken, SC said it made the Aiken paper.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826342496[/snapback]

My question is why is DB constantly being ranked over THS in RON BLISS’s NET Top 10 Rankings on tricitiessports.com? How does he continue to justify that when the Vikings beat the Indians in their only contest of the year so far, and they are tied in conference wins and losses but have a better overall record than DB. Even after THS and Central both beat DB earlier in the season; he still ranked DB higher than both. I think he ever had Unicoi Co ranked over the Vikings at one point. I've also noticed that he even prints stories written by DB parents. He should just call his paper "DBandtherestsports.com".

In fairness to Ron Bliss, his website is a relatively small operation and he has alumni from several area schools who cover their respective schools (i.e. Parrothead Vol Steve Wilmoth is a South grad). He works on a limited budget and can't just go out and hire a bunch of writers from outside the area with no bias. I don't have a problem with that.