Greeneville vs. Science Hill

orange_nation

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the You Tube link? I'd be interested in seeing that.

I couldn't help but see the Benson's mentioned on here. WIthout saying a whole lot, I'll say that recent years have shown that the Benson's are beginning to get the reputation that many AAU slimeballs already have. I'm happy to see that they have been kept at arms length by Bruce Pearl.

Wasn't it O'Neill that the Bensons tried to strong-arm a few years ago, and he politely told them to *&^% themselves? Could have been Jerry Green, but I want to say that it was Kevin O'Neill?

There are tons of great AAU coaches out there, but a few have really mad a bad name for them all.

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826340853[/snapback]

Sorry about my confusion over the time...I would hate that much travel...yuk. Omar did behave rather poorly at the Central game and unfortunately it was caught on tape and posted on YouTube. Of the 2, Antwaine is getting the best press right now. His numbers are insane and the fans around here love him. KnoxNews PrepXtra did a nice piece on him and people from all over are turning out to see him play. I haven't met Omar, so I will take your word that he is a fine young man, but I am acquainted with Wiggins and it is easy to understand why all of Greeneville loves this kid. I hope his injuries this summer haven't hurt his recruiting status...I think the decision to wait until spring to sign will pay big dividends.

As far as this game goes, I haven't seen anyone guard Wiggins this season without foul trouble. Could be the case in SH. Duncan needs good shooting performances from Gash and Ottinger. Defense could ultimately decide this one.

Advantage Greeneville.

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Jan 22 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826341128[/snapback]

I couldn't help but see the Benson's mentioned on here. WIthout saying a whole lot, I'll say that recent years have shown that the Benson's are beginning to get the reputation that many AAU slimeballs already have. I'm happy to see that they have been kept at arms length by Bruce Pearl.

Wasn't it O'Neill that the Bensons tried to strong-arm a few years ago, and he politely told them to *&^% themselves? Could have been Jerry Green, but I want to say that it was Kevin O'Neill?

There are tons of great AAU coaches out there, but a few have really mad a bad name for them all.

Try this...only 15 seconds at the end of the game

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Jan 22 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826341128[/snapback]

I have to defend Charlie, cant say the same for Chuck Jr. Pearl is no less slimey than any AAU coach I know. I've heard some bad stories about him back in his Uw-milwak days. but he's doing a great job at Tn coaching. Needs to land a big post player... missed out on JJ hickson missed out on Anthony McClain... needs to get a true post in that system

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 22 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826341170[/snapback]

I have to defend Charlie, cant say the same for Chuck Jr. Pearl is no less slimey than any AAU coach I know. I've heard some bad stories about him back in his Uw-milwak days. but he's doing a great job at Tn coaching. Needs to land a big post player... missed out on JJ hickson missed out on Anthony McClain... needs to get a true post in that system

And what exactly would you classify Wayne Chism (6'9" 245) ? He was all over the highlights of the game this past week.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 22 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826341318[/snapback]

And what exactly would you classify Wayne Chism (6'9" 245) ? He was all over the highlights of the game this past week.

Wayne is a good power forward. He doesn't have the size or skill set to keep up with premier centers. But TN obviously needs more than just Wayne and Duke (who should play the 3 in reality). Losing Wingate hurt the depth at post. Next year he doesn't have many bigs coming in, so it will be big for him to get a post in 2008

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 22 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826341330[/snapback]

Wayne is a good power forward. He doesn't have the size or skill set to keep up with premier centers. But TN obviously needs more than just Wayne and Duke (who should play the 3 in reality). Losing Wingate hurt the depth at post. Next year he doesn't have many bigs coming in, so it will be big for him to get a post in 2008

You guys have gone off the subject. As far as this one goes , Greeneville should win easily if they play DEFENSE. It would also be good if SH's coach plays OMAR for more than half the game so there is no excuse. Let the kids play , after all this may be the last time they play face to face! Let's hope the referees don't try to influence the outcome either. Should be a great one either way. Duncan may be the difference

QUOTE(IMACJack @ Jan 22 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826341426[/snapback]

You guys have gone off the subject. As far as this one goes , Greeneville should win easily if they play DEFENSE. It would also be good if SH's coach plays OMAR for more than half the game so there is no excuse. Let the kids play , after all this may be the last time they play face to face! Let's hope the referees don't try to influence the outcome either. Should be a great one either way. Duncan may be the difference

It'd be great if they play at least one more time... in region... and maybe again in state (wishful thinking)

Thank God someone else agrees with me ... Duncan will be the difference...Greeneville is better coached... shhs lacks determination and coaching...no one wants it but wattad and a hand full of others.... and how is it everytime someone on here posts about omar more than 2 times... you call them omar... you have been saying that to me for weeks... now broadway... will you give it up.... i dont think wiggins or wattads has time to sit here and read what is said about them...

Greeneville has not won many games "easily" this season, so I doubt that will occur. Don't be surprised if SH wins this game. Greeneville has not played well recently, although last Friday night against East was an improvement over the past few weeks. Throw in the 10 point SH advantage for the "no fouls called when SH is pressing at home" factor, and I would think SH has a great chance to pull off the victory.

QUOTE(heatplaya @ Jan 22 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826341605[/snapback]

Thank God someone else agrees with me ... Duncan will be the difference...Greeneville is better coached... shhs lacks determination and coaching...no one wants it but wattad and a hand full of others.... and how is it everytime someone on here posts about omar more than 2 times... you call them omar... you have been saying that to me for weeks... now broadway... will you give it up.... i dont think wiggins or wattads has time to sit here and read what is said about them...

EVERY basketball player has time to sit and read what is said about them. TRUST ME. So one more time, is this game being played at Freedom Hall?? Or no?