Terrible Calls In 7-AA

wildcat6

QUOTE(BaGdaD BeN @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826346731[/snapback]

This Cookeville assocaition of Refs have elephant memories and rabbit ears. They like to laugh about how they T up a coach or player and when they eject a coach. I use to ref basketball and this is a good ole boy group that like to compare their stories of chuckin coaches. Very unprofessional group as a whole. Some actually try and do a quality job but for most just a paycheck and a power trip.

AMEN!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stuntwoman @ Jan 25 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826346077[/snapback]

The other nite our team was pressing and if the back defending post sees a trap possibility he yells "55" to the on ball defender. When the count was at 3 or 4 he yells 55 and the ref throws a T on him. The ref told the coach he didn' t need his players help counting. Coach says thats a defensive call and the ref says, now get this, I've played and reffed for years and never heard of it. 2 shots and the ball.

Thats one of the worst calls I've ever heard whoever that ref was should never ref another game. Things like that are just unacceptable, but just another example of poor officiating

This Cookeville assocaition of Refs have elephant memories and rabbit ears. They like to laugh about how they T up a coach or player and when they eject a coach. I use to ref basketball and this is a good ole boy group that like to compare their stories of chuckin coaches. Very unprofessional group as a whole. Some actually try and do a quality job but for most just a paycheck and a power trip.

Bump

Bump

I have been watching basketball for years and I have seen officials from many associations, and I will say that there have been some bad calls. It happens in the line of work officials are in, but to get on here and dog the Cookeville association is bush league I think that the refs from the association that covers most of middle Tenn. are pretty good compared to some other associations... imo.

All refs are gonna miss some and some may be quick with the T but most of the time it is deserved. And I dont believe that any ref is out to get a team or player or coach.....

I agree wildcat fan, it just seems that refs are way to quick with the technical call. I mean do they not know that every night there will be booing and yelling at refs? They do look as if they are on a power trip. The other night Upperman was playing someone, can't remember who, but I think it was either Livingston or Smith Co. Anyways this ref called a technical on our assitant coach. However, he couldn't tell our head coach what he said, because he wasn't sure. Makes me to wonder if it wasn't maybe someone in the stands. Anyways after making this call he gave a smirky smile towards the bench. After this our team was down i think a couple points so we had to foul. One of our guards went for the ball however with the intention on putting the other team on the line to shoot freethrows. It wasn't a malicious foul by no means, but this same ref runs in and gives the intentional foul sign. As soon as he does this the kid who commited the foul turns toward the bench and claps his hands together one time and tells his bench "My Bad". Next thing I knew here comes a slew of technicals. One on him, another on the entire bench. It seemed like the opposing team shot lilke 8 free throws. This ref is horrible. I know some of the officials and some of them are great people with great respect for the game and schools. this one ref however should be reported. The officiating that night by the other two was acutally pretty good. However this ref ended things badly and unfortunately for the other two refs turned a well officiated game into something of a mess. And i do mean a bad mess...

QUOTE(pc#1bobcatterfan @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826346351[/snapback]

Jus about all the refs stink that come up to Pickett County its like they got it in for us or somethin they cheeted us last time we played Jackson countty if they dont cheet us again we will win but they always call again us why is that?

because your team is a bunch of whinners and you do not know the rules

QUOTE(geeker @ Jan 30 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826351639[/snapback]

I have been watching basketball for years and I have seen officials from many associations, and I will say that there have been some bad calls. It happens in the line of work officials are in, but to get on here and dog the Cookeville association is bush league I think that the refs from the association that covers most of middle Tenn. are pretty good compared to some other associations... imo.

All refs are gonna miss some and some may be quick with the T but most of the time it is deserved. And I dont believe that any ref is out to get a team or player or coach.....

i agree but there's 2 3 in this assosition that hs a habit of not being in position to make calls and do anyway an that makes the others look bad and most of time its a no call or bad call (to quick on whistle)