Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang...why are we going to MBA i thought they always came here!

That was a nice arrangement but I never quite understood it. We did go over there last year after the rainout at our place. Nice field with the turf and all.

I just wish we got thwm a week later when both teams had a scrimmage under their belt...

The good part is I should be able to just run over there from work.

As an FYI, I picked up the Murphy Fair mag yesterday and the coverage of Riverdale was terrible. I know that 99% of what is in the mag is just polishing up the coach's survey response but a little independent research should be done on the top teams. You can get far, far, far more information about Riverdale by reading this thread...it's a shame that Murphy didn't. My advice is to go by Books a Million and just read it there...it will only take about 45 seconds. One thing is for sure, I will always make sure that it's worth buying in the future before I shell out the ten bucks.

Limbaugh...we need that web site...or at least a roster...before the first scrimmage...

As an FYI, I picked up the Murphy Fair mag yesterday and the coverage of Riverdale was terrible. I know that 99% of what is in the mag is just polishing up the coach's survey response but a little independent research should be done on the top teams. You can get far, far, far more information about Riverdale by reading this thread...it's a shame that Murphy didn't. My advice is to go by Books a Million and just read it there...it will only take about 45 seconds. One thing is for sure, I will always make sure that it's worth buying in the future before I shell out the ten bucks.

Limbaugh...we need that web site...or at least a roster...before the first scrimmage...

I agree TDCman. I made basically the same comment back in June on the thread of this subject while the request was going out for the teams not reporting any data. I was looking for more in-depth reading, especially on the upper tier teams. I thought it would make the magazine a better product worth buying by adding this content. Boy, did I get seriously lambasted for making those comments. You think I was I was attacking the holy grail of football personally.

This is not personal attack on Murphy Fair. It is only a point of view that would make the magazine better and worth the cost of ownership.

Saw on the other thread that the MBA scrimmage would be at MBA, 4:00 PM, on 8/3. Can anyone from Riverdale confirm?

Hope the frist day of practice went well and their weren't too many pizzas made.

I was at the concession stand/football field cleanup today and was told the MBA scrimmage was at RHS, maybe even on the game field. Start time 4:00 or 4:30.