Riverdale

uncfan09

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our New db coach has been at our workouts and brought alot of energy to the kids.

Who is the new DB and where did he come from? Good to hear that he's bringing some energy.

Any idea on who is gonna be designated to update the 'official' website yet? It really needs it BAD!

Limbaugh said he had it...surely we'll see something soon. If nothing else get some information up on the temporary page.

What are the D-Line starting line ups going into summer......and what are you comments

Every good team starts with the d-line. Coming out of spring the DL looked like:

DE: Spurlock, Sumrall

DT: Verge, Tears

It will be a surprised if that doesn't change.

DE's in the 6-4, 280 range are pretty unusual and there were some other good looking prospects around in the spring. However, if Spurlock is fast enough for DE he should create a lot of matchup problems. Speed and recklessness are needed at DE. I won't be surprised to see Gander get a look at DE.

Miller should push for a starting role on the line...if he can stay healthy he will surprise a lot of people. Tinker will be playing somewhere. There was another big DT out there in the spring but he may be a year away still. West is going to play...Farley should become a factor this year. There really are a lot of guys who could play at DE.

One of the best things I saw in the spring was that some of the lesser known players (at least they were lesser known to me) seemed determined to get noticed and get on the field. I don't think there is a single player in the current starting d-line group that won't have to beat back a challenge from another player that wants his spot. That is a pretty good situation.

There were several players in the spring that had good days on the d-line but I don't know their names. The job for the defensive coaches will be to get the right groups out there....there seems to be plenty of talent.