West Tenn. Top 10

CoachD33

1. Milan (18-2) (2) Eric Volbert’s team sit alone at the top for now but must travel in 5 of last 6. Beat Obion Co., West Carroll, & Dyer Co.

2. Westview (21-3) (3) Have bounced back nicely from Milan loss but have to continue to play at that level. Beat Crockett Co., Henry Co. & Dyersburg.

3. Obion Co. (21-2) (1) Loss to Milan & injury to Roney drops them a bit. Their tournament seed should be determined the next week. Beat Union City, lost to Milan.

4. Jackson Northside (18-1) (4) Top 4 teams continue to be a tossup. Farris Lowery’s ladies likely face their final test tomorrow night at McNairy. Beat Haywood & Ripley.

5. Gleason (21-0) (5) Class A’s top ranked club face challenges this weekend at Union City and McKenzie. Beat Greenfield & Bradford.

6. TCA (20-2) (7) Cream of the Class A crop in the Southwest. Beat Adamsville & Scotts Hill.

7. McNairy Co. (17-4) (9) Lady Bobcats are rounding into postseason form and can make a statement tomorrow night when Northside calls. Beat Adamsville, Southside, & Liberty.

8. Dyersburg (15-9) (6) “Close but no cigar” describes the Lady Trojans. Must focus now on finishing 4th in district. Lost to Westview.

9. Greenfield (16-4) (8) Nothing to be ashamed of losing to Gleason but must stay solid to clinch a two-seed in the tourney. Beat Humboldt. Lost to Gleason.

10. Lexington (15-7) (11) Keep swapping the 10 spot with Southside. Should beat Bolivar tonight before challenges remain in the final four. Beat Camden & Chester Co.

Dropped Out: Jackson Southside (13-6) (10) Will probably be back in Top 10 next week after easy upcoming slate. Beat Haywood, lost to McNairy Co.

Honorable Mention: Gibson Co., Lake Co., Liberty, Scotts Hill

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BARTLETTHSGRAD04 @ Jan 26 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826346911[/snapback]

How can u not put Bartlett in ure top 10?

I know that new people jump on board from time to time. So let me explain again. This is not a bias toward Shelby County but a way of recognizing rural West Tennessee teams. You have your Dandy Dozen and for the last three years I've done a West Tenn. Top 10 for schools outside Shelby County. The number of schools eligible for each ranking is actually almost the same.

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:44 AM) 826347876[/snapback]

Put NSide #1. Take 2,3 & 4 (Milan,OC & Wesvw) and put them all in a tie. Get GC in the mix and get Dyersnburg Out

While I realize that Jax North Side is a good club, their weaker schedule I think keeps them from being #1. When the Regional tournament gets underway, we'll see what Jax North Side is made of. Not knocking them, we all know they are a great team, but you have to admit the schedule is weak when compared to most.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(BARTLETTHSGRAD04 @ Jan 26 2007 - 03:44 PM) 826347247[/snapback]

Well im sorry also but my username is Bartletthsgrad04 not the way u spelled it also . I Bet u Bartlett could beat one of those top 10 teams on a neutral court.

I doubt it.

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 27 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826348176[/snapback]

I would tend to agree about the schedule. But they had the same schedule last year and made it to the finals.

They very well may be in the finals again this year but here's why I have them below the three teams from 13AA. (Before Westview's loss anyway.)

Dyersburg is the common opponent among the four teams.

Northside beat them 10 at home on 12/1 & by 2 at Dyersburg on 12/12

Westview beat them 1 at home on 12/15 & by 8 at Dyersburg on 1/23

Obion Co. has beaten them 3 times now. By 6 at home on 12/19 & by 8 on 12/30 & 8 on 1/26 at Dyersburg.

Milan beat them by 8 at home on 12/8 & by 4 at Dyersburg on 1/16.

These scores show how the 4 matchup pretty evenly.

The only other common opponents among the four are Liberty & McNairy who Westview has played. Northside beat McNairy by 28 at home & now by 19 at McNairy. Westview won by 16 at McNairy. Northside beat Liberty by 13 at home while Westview won at home by 28.

I look forward to the Region 7AA tournament but until then I can't rate Northside ahead of all three of these teams.