Obion Co Central

VOREBS

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826352773[/snapback]

Let me say before I get hounded, I was wrong once again. GO AMBER GO! Shes's a good one. Westview will go as far as Amber carries them.

Heavy, dont tell me a freshman cant turn a team around and be the leader of the team ever again.

Not sure about leader, but definately a third wheel for Kendra Owens and Cierra Thomas.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826349061[/snapback]

Meaning what???...That the girls are doing as good as they are on their own??..That they can win without him??...Just wondering....Please explain that "He is just along for the ride" comment.....

I highly doubt the kids held the ball without being told to....It's hard enough for high school players to pass the ball around more than four times without feeling the need to chunk up a shot.....

what i mean is that the coach has not made these girls better. they were already good. the junior high coaches gave these girls a great start. they have the hearts of winners and give it their all. i have seen this coach on many occations try to hold them back . he believes in the stalling the ball whether you are ahead or behind. these girls have always played a run and gun offense. lets just say that loosing has been a great adjustment for them. people watch him and think that he is a great coach. well, maybe he just has so much talent that he is doubly blessed. just any any of the girls on the team about his coaching if you really want to know the answer to your questions.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826352773[/snapback]

Let me say before I get hounded, I was wrong once again. GO AMBER GO! Shes's a good one. Westview will go as far as Amber carries them.

Heavy, dont tell me a freshman cant turn a team around and be the leader of the team ever again.

You never heard me say that about AMBER.......said that about other folks you mentioned. Once again, you only hear what you want to hear and that's fine. There is no room on our train for you so go worry about your own team, there is plenty there to keep you busy.

Please keep posting......the kids love to read about their "friends" in Weakley County........

QUOTE(yellin4rebs @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826353046[/snapback]

what i mean is that the coach has not made these girls better. they were already good. the junior high coaches gave these girls a great start. they have the hearts of winners and give it their all. i have seen this coach on many occations try to hold them back . he believes in the stalling the ball whether you are ahead or behind. these girls have always played a run and gun offense. lets just say that loosing has been a great adjustment for them. people watch him and think that he is a great coach. well, maybe he just has so much talent that he is doubly blessed. just any any of the girls on the team about his coaching if you really want to know the answer to your questions.

also, about the holding the ball comment.. in the coaches words.. they were told to spread out and slow it down. it was just a good thing that the other team only scored 3 points because we just scored 6 in the quarter.

QUOTE(yellin4rebs @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826353046[/snapback]

Losing? They've lost 3 games this year... what the folks over there need to do is quit bad-mouthing the coach and get behind their team. I promise you that when the tournament comes, they will be ready and will be one of the favorites for the gold ball......so tired of the Obion folks ragging the coach, let the guy do his job.