Science Hill Destroys Greeneville

greenedevilfan91

QUOTE(greenedevilfan91 @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826349611[/snapback]

dude u r out of ur mind wiggins had an offnight lastnight...come watch him play another game heck show u who the best in the east is....and the entire greeneville team is still the best...

You got it handed to you by one of the four best teams in Region 1, with the other 3 just as goos as this one. My suggestion is eat your humble pie and get alot better by the time regional comes around or it's one and done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Anthony17 @ Jan 28 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826349616[/snapback]

You guys should qualify your "best in the east" statement to say "best in the far east" These teams dont hold a candle to some of the powerhouses in Knoxville let alone the rest of the state. The far east is very weak in basketball, always has been and probably always will be. This Wiggins vs Wattad argument (as well as the SH versus Greenville) is alot of talk about nothing.

We hear that lame argument all the time and it’s simple not true. The truth be told, the “far East” as you refer to it, has been represented in the Boro every year for at least the last 6 or 7 years. Do I need to remind you that that path goes straight through Knoxville? As a matter of fact, in 2003 Dobyns Bennett and Greeneville were the representation for the East. My question is does Knoxville even have a ranked player this year? If so lets hear some names.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826349826[/snapback]

We hear that lame argument all the time and it’s simple not true. The truth be told, the “far East” as you refer to it, has been represented in the Boro every year for at least the last 6 or 7 years. Do I need to remind you that that path goes straight through Knoxville? As a matter of fact, in 2003 Dobyns Bennett and Greenville were the representation for the East. My question is does Knoxville even have a ranked player this year? If so lets hear some names.

You hear the argument because its true (I was speaking of AAA). There are several ways of evaluating the weakness of the "far east". For example, the last state winner was over 10 years ago (Science Hill in 1995). A far east team almost always gets beat pretty bad at the state level. Look at last year, Hamilton over Greenville 64-46 and Raleigh Egypt over Science Hill 72-60.

There are several good players from the Knoxville area. Conner from Powell, Sharp from Halls, and, of course Oglesby from Bradley Central. Greeneville and Wiggins are over rated because they play weaker competition through much of the season.

QUOTE(Anthony17 @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826349887[/snapback]

You hear the argument because its true (I was speaking of AAA). There are several ways of evaluating the weakness of the "far east". For example, the last state winner was over 10 years ago (Science Hill in 1995). A far east team almost always gets beat pretty bad at the state level. Look at last year, Hamilton over Greenville 64-46 and Raleigh Egypt over Science Hill 72-60.

There are several good players from the Knoxville area. Conner from Powell, Sharp from Halls, and, of course Oglesby from Bradley Central. Greeneville and Wiggins are over rated because they play weaker competition through much of the season.

This would be a good argument if you actually had some facts to back it up. When was the last time a AAA state winner came from the Knoxville area? I bet it is longer than 95. And your argument that a "Far East" team usually gets beat bad at state may be true, but they at least made it to the state by beating a Knoxville team.

Also, Science Hill did not play Raleigh-Egypt last year in the state because SH did not make it to state. Get your facts straight on here before you make an argument.

Complete Domination by Science Hill! Omar shut down Wiggins and made him really look bad. The Devils were outhustled and outplayed in every phase of the game Saturday night. Congrats to the Toppers for being ready and playing one heck of a game. The Devils looked like a deer in the headlights from start to finish. Wiggins will bounce back he is a really good player, Coach Duncan will not let this get the Devils down and it might have been not a really bad thing for them to lose but it was a horrible loss. Omar hits a three to start the game and looks over at the bench and starts screaming, well I know he has hit a three before so he needs to act like it. Great player no doubt but was that necessary? If he wanted to scream it would have been better for him to start yelling over at his crowd to get them pumped up even more. I can honestly say if Wiggins had hit the first three of the game there is no way he would have ever screamed over at the bench. Sure Omar was fired up and he had them ready to go but I still see no need to act that way. At least he did shake hands after the game.....but they did win. I am not trying to knock Omar I have always thought he was very good but I would hope that if and when he plays at Georgetown he would represent East Tennessee with class.

The game on Saturday was an excellent game for the Science Hill Hilltoppers. They came out and wanted to make a statement. Every player that stepped on the floor for them played their heart out. I know that this is by far the best game that they have played this year. If they can keep that style of play and intensity up they can make a run to the Boro. For those of you who think that us greeneville fans always have an excuse sorry, but Your team just played the best ball they have played all year.

I do know that Greeneville is much better than they played on Saturday. However they did not show that. I do think that if these two teams meet in the Regional that the game will not be a blowout like this one. Greeneville can get healthy and recover. Wiggins will step up and play to his ability.

We could sit here and say what if this call would have happened or what if Wiggins and Gash were healthy, but that won't get anything done. Greeneville will take the defeat and rebound. They have beat some quality teams this year and have definately proved they can contend and play at a high level. Congratulations to Omar and His team. I hope that he will play with that authority for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(Anthony17 @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:11 AM) 826349887[/snapback]

Just for your information, Powell got BLASTED by Greeneville last year in the Sectional round by 22 points. And it was Bearden that Raleigh Egypt wore out in Murfreesboro last year in the first round. You simple have no argument. I could rattle off the names of some pretty good players...my question was, are any of these players ranked that you mentioned as Wattad and Wiggins are? From the looks of your last reply, you should probably ask for some help with your research.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826350069[/snapback]

Just for your information, Powell got BLASTED by Greeneville last year in the Sectional round by 22 points. And it was Bearden that Raleigh Egypt wore out in Murfreesboro last year in the first round. You simple have no argument. I could rattle off the names of some pretty good players...my question was, are any of these players ranked that you mentioned as Wattad and Wiggins are? From the looks of your last reply, you should probably ask for some help with your research.

Oglesby is a Clemson committment. He is obviously very highly ranked. And unlike Wattad, Clemson is not asking Oglesby to walk on. As for Conner, he averages more points than either Wiggins or Wattad in a much stronger district. Conner is being recruited by the same schools that are looking at Wiggins: UTC, Appy State, etc. Rumor is that Conner may end up at Auburn.

The truth is that rankings do not mean much. All these players listed are very good D1-type players. We will find out which Region is better come substate time. I will say that both Regions will probably win their home game.

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826350104[/snapback]

Oglesby is a Clemson committment. He is obviously very highly ranked. And unlike Wattad, Clemson is not asking Oglesby to walk on. As for Conner, he averages more points than either Wiggins or Wattad in a much stronger district. Conner is being recruited by the same schools that are looking at Wiggins: UTC, Appy State, etc. Rumor is that Conner may end up at Auburn.

The truth is that rankings do not mean much. All these players listed are very good D1-type players. We will find out which Region is better come substate time. I will say that both Regions will probably win their home game.

Wattad is not walking on to Georgetown...2 players transferred freeing up his scholarship.