Lexington 67 McNairy 63

LetMeHearYA

QUOTE(Solomon @ Feb 1 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826355206[/snapback]

I throughly love how everyone involved with Lexington High School basketball has an agenda except for you. Please don't disgrace quality guys like Speedy or Dewond by pulling them into YOUR agenda. You've gotten what you wanted, Gardner is gone never to return.

And for what it's worth, if I was calling the shots, I'd head down the road to Savannah to see if I could pull a certain assistant coach off of their bench to be the next coach at LHS. But then again, I doubt he would fit anyone involved with this' agenda.

Sorry Solomon, I know you are tight with Gardner, but why do you say "disgrace" for me to pull for Johnson and Forney as coaches??? I would put money on it that our one and done days would be over in the regions (but you must give them the same time frame 6 yrs that Gardner has been given to form the team). Sounds like you might have an agenda for someone in Savannah........ Again, sorry for hurting your feeling about Gardner but you might be distancing yourself from him when you get the final story........

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hackashaq @ Feb 1 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826355302[/snapback]

Sorry Solomon, I know you are tight with Gardner, but why do you say "disgrace" for me to pull for Johnson and Forney as coaches??? I would put money on it that our one and done days would be over in the regions (but you must give them the same time frame 6 yrs that Gardner has been given to form the team). Sounds like you might have an agenda for someone in Savannah........ Again, sorry for hurting your feeling about Gardner but you might be distancing yourself from him when you get the final story........

I know the story. It's bad. If it is true, which it all has been proven it is, I have no sympathy for the guy. I feel for Mack, but that is about it. Unlike some, I just choose not to glory in his mistakes. But if it lets you sleep at night, go ahead. I've not quite figured out how that makes you a better person than him, but whatever.

Yes, I have an agenda. Lexington to do well. Nothing more than that, unlike others.

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(hackashaq @ Feb 1 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826355302[/snapback]

So is Tim Gardner through ?

Lexington fans can be a bit over the top in their pressure on their coaches. How many boys coaches have they gone through in recent years? Did they not have a parent threaten Sammy Fisher's life?

They had not even been to the region tournament for about 10 years prior to Gardner coming to LHS. Mack Gardner took too much criticism because his father was the head coach. UTM must have thought he could play or they would not have signed him to play.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Feb 1 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826355323[/snapback]

I know the story. It's bad. If it is true, which it all has been proven it is, I have no sympathy for the guy. I feel for Mack, but that is about it. Unlike some, I just choose not to glory in his mistakes. But if it lets you sleep at night, go ahead. I've not quite figured out how that makes you a better person than him, but whatever.

Yes, I have an agenda. Lexington to do well. Nothing more than that, unlike others.

I am in agreement about Mack, but the web of ego, pride and deceit also reached out and affected select few. Some can come in sheeps clothing and make you think they are what is good and pure. But the wolf has shown his teeth and some have actually woke up to reality. I am sure there are many like 'Washedup" that will defend him to the end - which to me is horrific considering the issue at hand. I have even heard that some of the leaders when shown proof, were selecting to ignore this - that is even worse.

Washedup - you say "boyfriend" ??- are you sick also? that is a warped and disgusting question. You need to check your moral compass........

Macnarry, that was a school board member that went off on Fisher - which was crazy. And Fisher did take the team to the regions the year prior to Gardner getting there - even with all the chaos that surrounded him - and without a coat and tie... Fisher would have been fine and probably would have been able to push us deeper into the state tournament if he chose to stay. From what I understand he wanted to retire.

Solomon

I still say, the best thing is to wipe the slate clean and give someone with different ideas a chance at running the show. Forney/Johnson would be a great pick. Who is the guy down in Savannah - there program was tough about 5 years ago, but their wheels fell off after that. If it is who I think it is, I'd probably agree - but the down seasons scare me a bit. What is going on with Savannah??

QUOTE(hackashaq @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:00 PM) 826356624[/snapback]

I am in agreement about Mack, but the web of ego, pride and deceit also reached out and affected select few. Some can come in sheeps clothing and make you think they are what is good and pure. But the wolf has shown his teeth and some have actually woke up to reality. I am sure there are many like 'Washedup" that will defend him to the end - which to me is horrific considering the issue at hand. I have even heard that some of the leaders when shown proof, were selecting to ignore this - that is even worse.

Washedup - you say "boyfriend" ??- are you sick also? that is a warped and disgusting question. You need to check your moral compass........

Macnarry, that was a school board member that went off on Fisher - which was crazy. And Fisher did take the team to the regions the year prior to Gardner getting there - even with all the chaos that surrounded him - and without a coat and tie... Fisher would have been fine and probably would have been able to push us deeper into the state tournament if he chose to stay. From what I understand he wanted to retire.

Solomon

I still say, the best thing is to wipe the slate clean and give someone with different ideas a chance at running the show. Forney/Johnson would be a great pick. Who is the guy down in Savannah - there program was tough about 5 years ago, but their wheels fell off after that. If it is who I think it is, I'd probably agree - but the down seasons scare me a bit. What is going on with Savannah??

Can anyone say what exactly happened.

Not once did I defend what Gardner did. I don't know what he did or didn't do. That is none of my business. I will not comment on anything regarding that because I simply do not know what happened, plus a message board is not the place to talk negatively about someone, especially players, administrators, coaches, etc... What I do know is you criticize way tooooooo much. The times I saw his teams play, I thought they played very well. I mean come on, Lexington has had good players the past few years but nowhere near the talent of Bolivar, Liberty, South Side, etc... Give everyone a break with the "state tournament" potential. Lexington has had good high school teams the past couple of years and maybe if they were in a different region they maybe, just maybe, could have gotten to Murfreesboro. I wish the Tigers nothing but luck in the future.

QUOTE(WashedUp @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:44 AM) 826356674[/snapback]

Not once did I defend what Gardner did. I don't know what he did or didn't do. That is none of my business. I will not comment on anything regarding that because I simply do not know what happened, plus a message board is not the place to talk negatively about someone, especially players, administrators, coaches, etc... What I do know is you criticize way tooooooo much. The times I saw his teams play, I thought they played very well. I mean come on, Lexington has had good players the past few years but nowhere near the talent of Bolivar, Liberty, South Side, etc... Give everyone a break with the "state tournament" potential. Lexington has had good high school teams the past couple of years and maybe if they were in a different region they maybe, just maybe, could have gotten to Murfreesboro. I wish the Tigers nothing but luck in the future.

Well let me suggest you don't understand.... and I don't believe you understand Bball either - I did not say that we were the equivalent of a Bolivar team either, but if we listen TO YOUR CRITICISM that Lexington doesn't even deserve to be on the court with Bolivar then that is a self defeatist attitude that never achieves . Liberty was built into a dominating powerhouse within a 4 year period - I know that we have HAD TEAMS that could have pulled off the big upset at least ONE year out of 6 entire years!!! Surely if Liberty can pull off being equal to and better than Bolivar, Lexington could have at minimum pulled off a big upset game that put us in the tournament over a 6 year period. The chance to play Sycamore last year should have been one of the doors, but we got spanked by them just like we did by a Bolivar - Humboldt - Liberty - and believe me Sycamore is no Bolivar or Liberty. Scholarships at D1 level are not what is at stake - it is the basic human right that all young people in high school deserve to be treated with respect.. there were some that were stepped on every year while Gardner played a self aggrandizing schedule that allowed a huge amount of manipulation and frustration for a few players during the 6 year he was there. The monster that has been hiding his face behind all of this is about to fleshed out before your very eyes. Bomar is probably not all world either, but he deserves just as much respect as being the key player on our team as Mack was given. Yes, Mack was good, but he was not the Kobe Bryant as he was being promoted as which also put a huge burden on his back to carry. The right players and chemistry have not been on the court. There is a huge amount of politics that goes on in this town, and the idea has been if you have the ball, then you rule and don't challenge the ruler. Contrary to what you may say "washedup" (man that name even sounds self defeatist), Lexington is a basketball town and has huge potential if the right combination of players and coach are put together. Like I said and will always say, Bolivar is a similar small town like ours and there is nothing in the water down there that produces super athletes in their area. I think your criticism about our team "not having the athletes" and then saying you "wish us nothing but luck " is speaking out of both sides of your face. And luck does not play a part of having a winning team.......keep your luck to yourself while we find the coach that will demand respect from people like yourself.....

This "respect" you so eloquently pontificate about is earned not given. After reading post after post of spewed negativity towards the coach, I have come to the conclusion you have a HUGE axe to grind with Coach Gardner; and his reported/alleged indiscretion has given you the podium to voice your displeasure.

I think it shows an enourmous lack of character to kick a man while he is down. I hope, if you ever find yourself in a tough situation, that people will not pile on you. It is a lonely feeling, I know.

I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that Coach Gardner is a VERY good basketball coach. Ask anyone else in the profession and they will tell you so.

QUOTE(thebeave @ Feb 3 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826357427[/snapback]

This "respect" you so eloquently pontificate about is earned not given. After reading post after post of spewed negativity towards the coach, I have come to the conclusion you have a HUGE axe to grind with Coach Gardner; and his reported/alleged indiscretion has given you the podium to voice your displeasure.

I think it shows an enourmous lack of character to kick a man while he is down. I hope, if you ever find yourself in a tough situation, that people will not pile on you. It is a lonely feeling, I know.

I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that Coach Gardner is a VERY good basketball coach. Ask anyone else in the profession and they will tell you so.

eloquent pontification - smooth and gracious - thanks for your adulation but I don't need it. huge axe to grind - duh!! are you sherlock holmes or 007 ! - you are brilliant,let me guess, drivers ed major? like i said it has to do with young people getting ripped. think about this - why do you think i selected the name hackashaq??? also in your brilliant review of my remarks - WHO said it wasn't earned??? Wasn't me. Have you tried this method and it didn't work??? believe me, Bolivar/Liberty have earned it, Sammy Fisher and his '70s Lexington teams earned it , and Lexington will earn it again in the future when the right system is in place.

You say you know the "lonely feeling" , comparing yourself to Gardner's situation, DO YOU?? gag, forgive me, i don't mean "to pile on" here, but if that is so - could it be that you have that "enormous lack of character" you so "eloquently pontificated" about? Do you know the lonely feeling some good solid young people might feel when their spirit has been broken by one that is hiding behind the name coach and is allowed to rule with an iron fist??? You say "Coach" Gardner and "VERY good basketball coach" all in the same breath and with great respect, go ahead defend him, you sound like an expert to me - i'll check back with you next week....... at that point "you will have earned" that "lonely feeling".

The Eloquent Pontificator , Axe Grinder, or hackashaq - take your pick beave

well to get back on the topic...i was at the mcnairy/lexington game and i would like to say that lexington played outstanding....and i am a lexington student which means that i support the team however i can....im not even gonna get started on the coach gardner situation b/c its just ridiculous...thats all im gonna say on the topic... but i would like to say that the boys have stuck together during this hard time and maintained their composure and have been winning some games......idk if it was b/c of the coach or if it was the team itself but somethin is makin these boys play much better......coach clement and coach forney have coached the boys really well since the suspension of coach gardner....i just want to wish the boys good luck during the tournaments coming up