Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

U are the idiots I have been around football longer than you have. I will go to William Blount or Maryville. At least they are in the playoffs while this team sits at home. I have gone to watch both of these teams and Meadows welcomed me. Both of these teams could beat you with their B teams saw what happend when you played the William Blount jvs.

Well, don't let the car door hit you on the way up the highway toward Blount County! I'm so very proud of our boys AND our coaches!!! We were a young team that played with heart, were coached with enthusiasm and discipline and were NEVER outclassed. There are a whole lot of things more important than the final record and certainly more important than whether or not you feel welcomed. It's about the kids - not you or any other "fan". I, for one, can't wait until next fall to see how this team grows and develops. Boys and coaches: There are a whole bunch of us who believe in you...keep up the good work!!! GO CHIEFS!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest undefeated

Well, don't let the car door hit you on the way up the highway toward Blount County! I'm so very proud of our boys AND our coaches!!! We were a young team that played with heart, were coached with enthusiasm and discipline and were NEVER outclassed. There are a whole lot of things more important than the final record and certainly more important than whether or not you feel welcomed. It's about the kids - not you or any other "fan". I, for one, can't wait until next fall to see how this team grows and develops. Boys and coaches: There are a whole bunch of us who believe in you...keep up the good work!!! GO CHIEFS!!

you will be a force to be reconed with next year great game friday vs Meigs see ya next year in DECATUR

U are the idiots I have been around football longer than you have. I will go to William Blount or Maryville. At least they are in the playoffs while this team sits at home. I have gone to watch both of these teams and Meadows welcomed me. Both of these teams could beat you with their B teams saw what happend when you played the William Blount jvs.

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND FOOTBALL DOESN'T MEAN YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! HOW DO YOU KNOW I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND IT LONGER ANYWAY? WHAT DOES IT MATTER? SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE JUST A PUNK WHO BAILS OUT WHEN TIMES ARE TOUGH! it wasn't long ago WB stunk it up! it takes time and effort to build a program, but i guess you know that since you've been around it soooo long!

seq...hang in there. it wasn't long ago central was in the same position you are in. not a lot of peopl believing in you, new coach, young team. lot of similarities. just hang in there and work hard in the offseason and get better! wish yall well unless you are playing central! hahaha GO CHARGERS!

I would say that is just about right,maybe a few more than that now. The cutoff for 4A is around 1200,isn't it? It sure wouldn't be in our best interest to move up a class right now. We've still got a lot to learn about competing in 3A. We have made strides this year,but we still have a ways to go. It would be nice to go out on a winning note against Meigs this week though. Tough chore,but not impossible. GO CHIEFS!

Hixson and Brainerd are both listed at about 950 and are playing 4A at least through next season. It will probably be close for Sequoyah. Any new programs starting in the smallest three classes such as Chattanooga Christian or Signal Moutain would possibly help push up Sequoyah up too.

I know in all your infinite knowledge about football you have not forgotten these are 4A and 5A programs in the best football county in the state,have you? Like I said before,get your head out of the lack of sunshine and understand these guys came a long way this year! You don't think they were much more competitive this year than last? Could you see at all from where you were sitting(up high)?I am very anxious to see this team next year as they grow and mature,from where I stand,there is a lot to look forward to! Also,it takes more than an "Excuse me,you are standing in the way" to be considered being welcomed. I'm with Granny on this one. You don't like it here,this is America,go somewhere else,YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED!!!

Hello gang! Been busy, but still watching! First of all, I have a great amount of respect for coach Meadows and have wished him the best since day one. It sounds like you are still holding something against Sequoyah for not keeping him. Remember this, he had the opportunity to stay, it was his choice to leave, just as it was at Alcoa, the University of Tennessee, and Jefferson County. I am the first one to say that I think some bad decisions have been made over the years, but I also think the administration has proven that they want to do what it takes to right the ship. Has anyone else noticed the changes? Not only has the attitude of the team changed, but the attitude about the team on here has changed. All summer long Sequoyah has been bashed and trashed by supporters of our competitors. Now they are giving kind words of support. Respect, I feel, has been earned. Thanks to all that have posted encouragement to Sequoyah from other schools, we return that encouragement and wish you the best in the playoffs. You might want to call WB or Maryville, I hear that is a hard ticket to get. By the way gj, when the Chiefs are making the playoffs on a regular basis, go to Dollywood!

you will be a force to be reconed with next year great game friday vs Meigs see ya next year in DECATUR

Thank you,that was a great game last Friday night. A lot of fun to watch. Hard-hitting throughout,kids making plays,coaches working hard,overall just a great match-up. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs! GO CHIEFS!

Thank you,that was a great game last Friday night. A lot of fun to watch. Hard-hitting throughout,kids making plays,coaches working hard,overall just a great match-up. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs! GO CHIEFS!

Who does Sequoyah have coming back for next year? Please say the entire offensive line graduates and will be replaced by freshmen....small freshmen. Please please please.

Who does Sequoyah have coming back for next year? Please say the entire offensive line graduates and will be replaced by freshmen....small freshmen. Please please please.

There was only 1SR. on the 2007 O-LINE

1SR.

2JR'S

1Soph

1FR.

2 soph were in rotation

D-LINE

3SR'S

2JR's

2Soph's

1FR

all rotating

Hello gang! Been busy, but still watching! First of all, I have a great amount of respect for coach Meadows and have wished him the best since day one. It sounds like you are still holding something against Sequoyah for not keeping him. Remember this, he had the opportunity to stay, it was his choice to leave, just as it was at Alcoa, the University of Tennessee, and Jefferson County. I am the first one to say that I think some bad decisions have been made over the years, but I also think the administration has proven that they want to do what it takes to right the ship. Has anyone else noticed the changes? Not only has the attitude of the team changed, but the attitude about the team on here has changed. All summer long Sequoyah has been bashed and trashed by supporters of our competitors. Now they are giving kind words of support. Respect, I feel, has been earned. Thanks to all that have posted encouragement to Sequoyah from other schools, we return that encouragement and wish you the best in the playoffs. You might want to call WB or Maryville, I hear that is a hard ticket to get. By the way gj, when the Chiefs are making the playoffs on a regular basis, go to Dollywood!

Somebody else is using my initials. This is the one that runs the scoreboard. I wouldn't bad mouth the team in anyway. Hope I can clear this up. They have made some pretty bad hires since Meadows left. Those before this coach let the program get down so far that it will take a while to get back. Meadows just couldn't get a long with the county school board (Lovingood) they were always on him about something. I too wish him success in the playoffs. I will go see him some during the playoffs. He went through some tough times loosing his step son and all. Hope this clears my name. I have been too faithful to the school to have it go bad now. Thanks Greg Jones