Official Thread: Mr. Basketball

CoachT

QUOTE(slimmdaddy @ Jan 31 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826353644[/snapback]

A-- Demario Williams, Culleoka

AA-- Jewon Long, Liberty

AAA-- Antwaine Wiggens, Greeneville

I think the MVP award for this year needs to be the player who has played best this year. I think Williams from Culleoka is awesome, but he had a better year last year. I would think MJ Brown might be more deserving based on his performance during the current season.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826353884[/snapback]

Chaisson Allen was listed as the Top player to watch in the Midstate by ON THE BALL magazine. Oaklandgrad can give you all his official stats but he is the heart and soul of Oakland's #1 team . He has already verbally committed to play bball at Northeastern where he will get immediate considerable playing time. Chaisson has worked his butt off the last 3 yrs as a starter. He plays solid offense ( top scorer) and defense. He has a beautiful 3 pt shot, never gets flustered on the floor, and has high expectations for himself and his team. Hopefully someone can get you his stats or you can maybe check them in the Daily News Journal or the Tennessean.

Allen gets a vote from me for AAA.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAA: Maurice Miller from Raleigh Egypt.

"Moe" has led the Pharaohs to three consecutive state tournament appearances. He has made all tournament in every tournament that the Pharaohs have played in the past three years and was MVP in most. Has sacrificed his scoring for the team's success over the years but is capable of of being a bigtime scorer when needed (ala 33pts vs Craigmont this year.). Signed a scholarship to play in the ACC next year with Ga. Tech. Maintains a 4.6 GPA (takes honors classes) and has a nineteen on the ACT. A true role model in every way.

QUOTE(Jumpshot @ Feb 1 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826354189[/snapback]

"Moe" has led the Pharaohs to three consecutive state tournament appearances. He has made all tournament in every tournament that the Pharaohs have played in the past three years and was MVP in most. Has sacrificed his scoring for the team's success over the years but is capable of of being a bigtime scorer when needed (ala 33pts vs Craigmont this year.). Signed a scholarship to play in the ACC next year with Ga. Tech. Maintains a 4.6 GPA (takes honors classes) and has a nineteen on the ACT. A true role model in every way.

He has a 4.6 GPA? And only 19 on ACT? I don't understand having a 4.6 when 4.0 is perfect. And 19 is the minimum ACT accepted by an awful lot of schools. Mo is great but let's not get carried away.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 1 2007 - 06:13 AM) 826354194[/snapback]

He has a 4.6 GPA? And only 19 on ACT? I don't understand having a 4.6 when 4.0 is perfect. And 19 is the minimum ACT accepted by an awful lot of schools. Mo is great but let's not get carried away.

Some school systems have it where the gpa can go up to 5, so I imagine thats where the 4.6 comes from

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 1 2007 - 06:13 AM) 826354194[/snapback]

Barb, the thread states negative comments are not appreciated. Not only that do your research, you don't have a clue about the grading scale yourself. You are suppose to vote for Mr. Basketball on this thread, not make stupid comments save that for the other threads, By the way who are you voting for? you probably dont know the meaning of vote.

QUOTE(catuballer @ Feb 1 2007 - 05:22 AM) 826354182[/snapback]

I think the MVP award for this year needs to be the player who has played best this year. I think Williams from Culleoka is awesome, but he had a better year last year. I would think MJ Brown might be more deserving based on his performance during the current season.

Allen gets a vote from me for AAA.

A- MJ Brown

AA- Jewaun Long

AAA- Maurice Miller

QUOTE(Jumpshot @ Feb 1 2007 - 05:58 AM) 826354189[/snapback]

I agree with jumpshot. Moe has also won the nationals as a freshman in AAU. I also think his freshman team won the city championship.