Unaka is next

hhsfanforlife

Hampton has been playing like a tank for the us army.

They have blown out there last three opponets and was 1 point away from 101 the other night. Against north greene But thats all over there next target unaka a win over them will seal the deal in the top teams in carter county.

Not to say anthing about unaka there a very good team. But hampton has been on a roll and john/bently have both scored over 30 points a game. with lunceford and millhorn as point unaka will have a very hard time.

There should be some good jv games as well

tipoff for jv 3:30 varsity 6:00

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't too bright to start shout out posts on here because most of the time you end up eating your words especially in this conference but I like the catch phrase about the army. Lyons and Bentley are pretty good but obviously aren't scoring 30 a piece like you mentioned but probably are combining 30 a game because they are Hampton's main scoring threats. It too bad the game at Unaka ended like it did, overtime would have been fun to watch. Should be a great game on friday and good luck to both teams.

It's always a war when these two hook up, I don't expect fridays game to be any different. I realize Unaka has a rough go of it this year, and Hampton seems to be playing their best ball of the season right now, but we all know how that can change at the drop of a hat. I'm excited about the game, there should be another packed house to see it. The fan support this season has been great for Hampton, here's hoping everyone gets out in spite of the weather. I can only hope the 'Dogs keep their heads straight and play their game. The district tourney should be a dinger, don't you think?

QUOTE(RangerCountry @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826354007[/snapback]

It isn't too bright to start shout out posts on here because most of the time you end up eating your words especially in this conference but I like the catch phrase about the army. Lyons and Bentley are pretty good but obviously aren't scoring 30 a piece like you mentioned but probably are combining 30 a game because they are Hampton's main scoring threats. It too bad the game at Unaka ended like it did, overtime would have been fun to watch. Should be a great game on friday and good luck to both teams.

sorry to say but lyons has scored 30 or more in every game and so has bently read the elizabethton star

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Feb 1 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826354603[/snapback]

sorry to say but lyons has scored 30 or more in every game and so has bently read the elizabethton star

If the star said that ,they are wrong,both are good players,but expecting 30 a night from these guys is a little much. I know Bently had 18 against North Greene.

QUOTE(pujo @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:14 PM) 826354637[/snapback]

If the star said that ,they are wrong,both are good players,but expecting 30 a night from these guys is a little much. I know Bently had 18 against North Greene.

What’s up Pujo? Jonathans had a couple 30 point games and Bentley 1; neither are averaging 30 points per game. Jonathans averaging 24.2 points and 13 .4 rebounds per game and I would say just guessing Bentley isn’t far behind that on points per game. What’s different about this team now is Milhorn. The Point guard has been the question all year and He’s really stepped up. There’s no doubt its hard for a team to stop Jonathan and Bentley but if you don’t have someone who can penetrate and get the ball to them, then it don’t do much good to have them. Milhorns shooting the ball well also, But if he does miss usually his shots are 10-12 footers witch allows Jon and Bentley to rebound and put back, I’m not against 3 point shots but generally you don’t have second shots from them and there low percentage shots at that. If they continue to play like they have and be selective on there shooting they will have a good game Friday and a good post season.

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826354665[/snapback]

What’s up Pujo? Jonathans had a couple 30 point games and Bentley 1; neither are averaging 30 points per game. Jonathans averaging 24.2 points and 13 .4 rebounds per game and I would say just guessing Bentley isn’t far behind that on points per game. What’s different about this team now is Milhorn. The Point guard has been the question all year and He’s really stepped up. There’s no doubt its hard for a team to stop Jonathan and Bentley but if you don’t have someone who can penetrate and get the ball to them, then it don’t do much good to have them. Milhorns shooting the ball well also, But if he does miss usually his shots are 10-12 footers witch allows Jon and Bentley to rebound and put back, I’m not against 3 point shots but generally you don’t have second shots from them and there low percentage shots at that. If they continue to play like they have and be selective on there shooting they will have a good game Friday and a good post season.

Lyons and Bentley have been tearing it up lately, maing life very hard on opposing teams. I must agree and say that the key to the recent success has been Milhorn's play at point. He has handled the pressure in a great way, he has a surprisingly accurate mid-range shot that he can shoot while falling back, which if missed gives great rebound and put-back opportunities to Lyons or Bentley. The past couple of years we've been WAY too 3-point shot happy, which if you're hitting is fine, but if not, watch out. Also, the threes tend to bounce long and away from the inside rebounders, which sets up fast breaks for the other team. Going back to the North Greene game for a minute, wasn't it great to see EJ Newbern have such a good game? He's been playing well lately, and getting more playing time as a result. Since he's just a junior, I think he'll get better as time goes on, and be even more of a contributor.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Feb 1 2007 - 03:07 PM) 826354682[/snapback]

Lyons and Bentley have been tearing it up lately, maing life very hard on opposing teams. I must agree and say that the key to the recent success has been Milhorn's play at point. He has handled the pressure in a great way, he has a surprisingly accurate mid-range shot that he can shoot while falling back, which if missed gives great rebound and put-back opportunities to Lyons or Bentley. The past couple of years we've been WAY too 3-point shot happy, which if you're hitting is fine, but if not, watch out. Also, the threes tend to bounce long and away from the inside rebounders, which sets up fast breaks for the other team. Going back to the North Greene game for a minute, wasn't it great to see EJ Newbern have such a good game? He's been playing well lately, and getting more playing time as a result. Since he's just a junior, I think he'll get better as time goes on, and be even more of a contributor.

EJ is just a soph and yes he has picked his game up. Going to be a key player on the football team. As far as the three point stuff goes ,when people stays in a tight zone ,you have to hit some shots ,its extremely hard for any guard to penetrate a tight zone. Hampton seems to be doing the right stuff as of late. I think in the loss to UH ,hampton tried to force the ball inside when it wasn't available and had several turnovers. Patience is the key,take care of the rock and get good looks. Jon and Bently are definately great options. I may not make many games ,but I definately know whats going on. GET UR DUNNNNNNNNN.