West Tenn Top 10

CoachD33

QUOTE(NWhoopaholic @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826357593[/snapback]

What does tradition and past success have to do with current rankings? Peabody & Bradford have had tradition & past success in recent years and are currently 7th & 8th in their district. Teams should be judged, good or bad, on what they've done.

North Side hasn't lost 14 games like those two teams have. If you have to do a poll and the teams at the top have not played one another you have to take into consideration thier success over the past 3-5 years. North Side has clearly been the team to beat over the past 5 years and they have the best AA record in West TN now, but yet you put them third. What's your logic? There havnt been enough common opponents to use that. The fact is you want those teams from 13AA to be the best and they may be, but putting them at the top at this point is purely prejudice. Prejudice definition: "1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. 2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable." You had this preconceived opinion before the season ever began that this was 13AA's year. You thought that North Side would be down after losing two very good players. They just reloaded and are still on top regardless of your prejudices. I think you are very knowledgeable, and I really believe you have given considerable thought to these rankings, but your reason is blinded by prejudice. Of course this is just my opinion and it might be a little prejudice.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Hermit @ Feb 4 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826357866[/snapback]

North Side hasn't lost 14 games like those two teams have. If you have to do a poll and the teams at the top have not played one another you have to take into consideration thier success over the past 3-5 years. North Side has clearly been the team to beat over the past 5 years and they have the best AA record in West TN now, but yet you put them third. What's your logic? There havnt been enough common opponents to use that. The fact is you want those teams from 13AA to be the best and they may be, but putting them at the top at this point is purely prejudice. Prejudice definition: "1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. 2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable." You had this preconceived opinion before the season ever began that this was 13AA's year. You thought that North Side would be down after losing two very good players. They just reloaded and are still on top regardless of your prejudices. I think you are very knowledgeable, and I really believe you have given considerable thought to these rankings, but your reason is blinded by prejudice. Of course this is just my opinion and it might be a little prejudice.

I appreciate your input and opinion, as well as anyone's. I wouldn't post my rankings if I didn't expect feedback. I appreciate people who keep it positive and you gain respect from me by admitting that you may be a little prejudiced. I will not say I am prejudiced based on your definition because I had no pre-conceived ideas before the season and do not begin my rankings until after Christmas to allow the teams to show what they can do. I will admit to being more familiar with 13AA. I still don't buy the idea of using what any team from any school did prior to this season as a basis for a CURRENT ranking. My criteria has been from the beginning

1. head to head meetings. I've made the comparison with common opponent Dyersburg and I think that cannot be debated. My Top 4 are virtually identical there. 2. I take into consideration the Strength + Success ratings here on CoachT and the rating system of another H.S. sports website which I will not mention by name but basically mirrors the ratings here.

Since I've done my rankings, Northside has trailed Westview, Milan, & Obion Co. in these rankings due to their strength of schedule. That is not a knock to their team, they can't help their district is not competitive. But in a ranking based on primarily objective input i.e. game scores & strength ratings Northside cannot possibly be #1 The only arguments I've gotten for them are purely subjective i.e. personal opinions and past seasons performance. By the way, since someone mentioned that I was "biased" last year as well, I would go back two years to Northside's last year in AAA when I ranked them #1 throughout even through some questioned their strength of schedule then.

I've seen Farris Lowery's work since his days at Milan & know he has a team capable of bringing that gold ball back to rural West Tennessee this year. It will be an exciting Reg. 7AA tournament. The Lady Indians will face three good teams if they survive to the finals. I wish them the best of luck as I do all the schools.

QUOTE(NWhoopaholic @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826358090[/snapback]

I appreciate your input and opinion, as well as anyone's. I wouldn't post my rankings if I didn't expect feedback. I appreciate people who keep it positive and you gain respect from me by admitting that you may be a little prejudiced. I will not say I am prejudiced based on your definition because I had no pre-conceived ideas before the season and do not begin my rankings until after Christmas to allow the teams to show what they can do. I will admit to being more familiar with 13AA. I still don't buy the idea of using what any team from any school did prior to this season as a basis for a CURRENT ranking. My criteria has been from the beginning

1. head to head meetings. I've made the comparison with common opponent Dyersburg and I think that cannot be debated. My Top 4 are virtually identical there. 2. I take into consideration the Strength + Success ratings here on CoachT and the rating system of another H.S. sports website which I will not mention by name but basically mirrors the ratings here.

Since I've done my rankings, Northside has trailed Westview, Milan, & Obion Co. in these rankings due to their strength of schedule. That is not a knock to their team, they can't help their district is not competitive. But in a ranking based on primarily objective input i.e. game scores & strength ratings Northside cannot possibly be #1 The only arguments I've gotten for them are purely subjective i.e. personal opinions and past seasons performance. By the way, since someone mentioned that I was "biased" last year as well, I would go back two years to Northside's last year in AAA when I ranked them #1 throughout even through some questioned their strength of schedule then.

I've seen Farris Lowery's work since his days at Milan & know he has a team capable of bringing that gold ball back to rural West Tennessee this year. It will be an exciting Reg. 7AA tournament. The Lady Indians will face three good teams if they survive to the finals. I wish them the best of luck as I do all the schools.

Well as a 13aa fan... I hate to say it but North Side is the better team right now... and if I were to do a poll and were in the situation of North Side not having played any teams from 13aa then I would have to go back to last season also...North Side has the same exact team and made a clean sweep of 13aa...North Side IMO is the team to beat right now

As a very loyal NS fan I have a very obvious opinion about how good our team is, but I will not express it on this post. I do, however remember all of the "unbiased" posts from last year about how weak our district is and how the 13AA girls were going to sweep the region. New year....same ole song I am hearing. If u don't think we know our region is weak, you're wrong. That's why we try to pick up teams such as McNairy Co. to play to test our skills. And in fact you havent heard, we beat them by large margins both times we played this year. But really, it's okay with us that you keep believing we are weak and the polls are wrong, please do, that's what we want. Let's just let the games be played and stop trying to make our own polls because our team is not ranked where we want them to be.

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:41 PM) 826358313[/snapback]

As a very loyal NS fan I have a very obvious opinion about how good our team is, but I will not express it on this post. I do, however remember all of the "unbiased" posts from last year about how weak our district is and how the 13AA girls were going to sweep the region. New year....same ole song I am hearing. If u don't think we know our region is weak, you're wrong. That's why we try to pick up teams such as McNairy Co. to play to test our skills. And in fact you havent heard, we beat them by large margins both times we played this year. But really, it's okay with us that you keep believing we are weak and the polls are wrong, please do, that's what we want. Let's just let the games be played and stop trying to make our own polls because our team is not ranked where we want them to be.

I know how good you are...Clifft, Delk,etc...I know what you are talkin bout and I was one of the people thinking ya'll were weak and this is a new year and ya'll have the SAME TEAM so yes..North Side will win the region and The View will be second

If NSide were in 13AA would they be undefeated ? I doubt it. I think they would be in the mix with OC, MW & Mil., with 2 or 3 losses. What would they be ranked then? It might depend on what week it was, and who lost to who that week. 13AA is just like a ferris wheel, who is on top today, is on bottom tomorrow.

At the beginning of the year OC was THE team. They were at their peak. Since then other teams have caught up to them. Mil was playing at a high level, still have not met their potential, and most do not want to play them again. WV is peaked right now. Will it continue? GC has come alive here at tourney time. Imagine a Russel team doing that. Dyersburg flip a coin, but the caution light is on. Crockett is playing better w/o their "star".

Has NS hit a peak ? Who knows. I have seen them play several times. when OC began to get caught up with, I thought NS had the best team I had seen. They have 3 great players and a deeper bench than most realize. They have size, some speed, 3 point shooters, inside game, play solid D and have the most valuable thing state tourney experience along with a great seasoned coach. In 2 close games vs Dyersburg, the difference in the end of the game came down to NS had poise, knew what to do, how to do it and when to do it and then got it done for the wins. This poise will pay off in tourney time. But that is no different than what 13AA has done vs Dyersburg all year, win the close games.

Going into next week 1. Westview 2. NS 3. OC and 4. Milan. WV is peaked right now. NS is right there. OC must get back on hat high. Milan has some quick regrouping to do.

QUOTE(sls @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:53 PM) 826358336[/snapback]

If NSide were in 13AA would they be undefeated ? I doubt it. I think they would be in the mix with OC, MW & Mil., with 2 or 3 losses. What would they be ranked then? It might depend on what week it was, and who lost to who that week. 13AA is just like a ferris wheel, who is on top today, is on bottom tomorrow.

At the beginning of the year OC was THE team. They were at their peak. Since then other teams have caught up to them. Mil was playing at a high level, still have not met their potential, and most do not want to play them again. WV is peaked right now. Will it continue? GC has come alive here at tourney time. Imagine a Russel team doing that. Dyersburg flip a coin, but the caution light is on. Crockett is playing better w/o their "star".

Has NS hit a peak ? Who knows. I have seen them play several times. when OC began to get caught up with, I thought NS had the best team I had seen. They have 3 great players and a deeper bench than most realize. They have size, some speed, 3 point shooters, inside game, play solid D and have the most valuable thing state tourney experience along with a great seasoned coach. In 2 close games vs Dyersburg, the difference in the end of the game came down to NS had poise, knew what to do, how to do it and when to do it and then got it done for the wins. This poise will pay off in tourney time. But that is no different than what 13AA has done vs Dyersburg all year, win the close games.

Going into next week 1. Westview 2. NS 3. OC and 4. Milan. WV is peaked right now. NS is right there. OC must get back on hat high. Milan has some quick regrouping to do.

I would put NS at #2 but if NS were in 13aa they would be the team to beat....

So much talent out of one Region.. It's a shame more players can't advance because you probably have of the eight teams that make it to the BORO- about 4 or 5 come out of this region.

Kinda like back in the days of the good South Fulton girls teams of the late 90's.

Outstanding talent but could never get past Gleason and Bradford