Mang-nificent performance in AL

BamaGrappler

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 7 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826362310[/snapback]

well lets see what did david learn----JUST TO WRESTLE!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you kindly for your error in judgement for your post, but it holds nothing more than cyber world slander against a minor. Actually, it also speaks wanders of your intelligence and humanity, or lack there of.

Also, who are you to judge? Please do identify yourself (as you have already identified your audacity) so we can speak of your accomplishments and perfect citizenship. Let me guess.... you brake for turtles. Cheers! Come find the Asian girl in Bradley's section.

David's character will forever be tested by his actions, but it is more so exemplified in his ability to learn from his mistakes and to overcome. He overcomes his mistake by getting up, wiping the dirt off his knees, and facing up to it.

You, who sit behind your screen name to say whatever you want with anonymity, set the best example of what not to be in the sport of wrestling.

Cowards.

Thank the Lord you are not on the mat. You wouldn't make it and probablly didn't.

David is still a phenomenal wrestler. He is among the FEW hs wrestlers that will get up at 4AM to train on his own, dedicate 12 months of his year to wrestling, or leave home while altering every dynamic of his life. He has every single right to be on the mat.

So while you sit behind your computer screen with ridicule, do not forget that to put him down, you undermine the sport. Because in regards to you, he is just a wrestler. He has our parents to face up to in the realms of his action, but thank you for the parenting and the judgement. It is much appreciated in the aspect that it gives me something to write about.

I could not be more proud of all of my brothers.

Good Day,

Cassandra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TNLadyinCali @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826363162[/snapback]

Thank you kindly for your error in judgement for your post, but it holds nothing more than cyber world slander against a minor. Actually, it also speaks wanders of your intelligence and humanity, or lack there of.

Also, who are you to judge? Please do identify yourself (as you have already identified your audacity) so we can speak of your accomplishments and perfect citizenship. Let me guess.... you brake for turtles. Cheers! Come find the Asian girl in Bradley's section.

David's character will forever be tested by his actions, but it is more so exemplified in his ability to learn from his mistakes and to overcome. He overcomes his mistake by getting up, wiping the dirt off his knees, and facing up to it.

You, who sit behind your screen name to say whatever you want with anonymity, set the best example of what not to be in the sport of wrestling.

Cowards.

Thank the Lord you are not on the mat. You wouldn't make it and probablly didn't.

David is still a phenomenal wrestler. He is among the FEW hs wrestlers that will get up at 4AM to train on his own, dedicate 12 months of his year to wrestling, or leave home while altering every dynamic of his life. He has every single right to be on the mat.

So while you sit behind your computer screen with ridicule, do not forget that to put him down, you undermine the sport. Because in regards to you, he is just a wrestler. He has our parents to face up to in the realms of his action, but thank you for the parenting and the judgement. It is much appreciated in the aspect that it gives me something to write about.

I could not be more proud of all of my brothers.

Good Day,

Cassandra

very well stated... also is he going to try to win a gold this yr in tennessee or is he still not able to wrestle for bradley????

QUOTE(jukeboxhero17 @ Feb 8 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826363301[/snapback]

very well stated... also is he going to try to win a gold this yr in tennessee or is he still not able to wrestle for bradley????

It would be amazing if he could do that, but we can only dream. He didn't wrestle or certify in TN at all this season. As a result, he will not be able to give the Tennessee gold a shot this year, but no worries my friend for he will do it big national style this summer.

Thank you kindly for your support. It is much appreciated.

Much love,

Cassandra

As an educator before a coach, I believe in giving every kid a second (third, fourth, fifth) chance. However, I also believe in holding young adults accountable for their actions. If the parties involved believe the punishment fit the crime and has been paid in full, then get off the kids back. On the other hand, call a spade a spade. I am confused by the idea that breaking the law was a "mistake". A mistake is messing up on a math problem in class. It seems to me that this was a poor decision, as I'm sure all the kids involved realized what they were doing is wrong. I'm sure Mr. Mang doesn't want to make excuses for his performance on or off the mat, so we shouldn't either. A lack of judgement might be a better way to describe what has transpired, not a "mistake". I do hope he has every opportunity to repay his family, community, and wrestling brotherhood. And I hope even more that he takes those opportunities.

whatruthinking- Dont you ever ask yourself "what am I thinking"? It is obvious that you are involved in this in some way and are just bitter. It also is obvious that you are jealous of David and the success he is having. FYI, 2 of the other wrestlers transferred ACROSS TOWN to Cleveland high school, and whether they were allowed to wrestle i am not sure of, but i am sure of one thing-David came back to Bradley AFTER he had a long talk with coach. Bradley High School is his home, just like Tanner Johnson said, he didnt feel right anywhere else. And the fact that you say that he suffered no punishment is just rediculous....he changed schools, left his HOME, had to adjust to a new way of life, was forced to make new friends(which im sure was easy because hes a pretty funny guy) all to compete in the sport that he loves. Why arent you complaining that Courtney Coffey got to transfer to another school IN THE SAME STATE and still wrestle? (I dont want to stir up anything with him, just a question that i would like to be answered) Anyways, all that i have 2 say is get off the kids back, and lets wrestle!............That is, as long as the coach will let YOU back on the team......

It's all just sour grapes from this guy anyway. (whatruthinkin) Could it be that he is threatened by David being back in TN? Would you really want to hold your own son up to the kind of scrutiny that you are promoting against David? Let it go, there is nothing to be gained from this negativity.

Our family has known David since his elementary school wrestling and we are glad to have him back. Welcome home, David. It hasn't been as fun without you.

QUOTE(gumbi1031 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826364246[/snapback]

I do hope he has every opportunity to repay his family, community, and wrestling brotherhood.

Why do you folks think that he's indebted to the wrestling community in some way? Maybe if he had pulled a chain out of his tights during a Soddy dual match he would suffer some form of wrestling sanction. Unless he committed a crime against you or your family, I can't imagine why anyone would feel inclined to comment about the situation. It has nothing to do with wrestling (this is a wrestling message board) and is none of your business and I don't live in Bradley Co. I saw one of the ND wrestlers back talk a team mom, how many matches should we demand he have to sit out?