CRIME COMMITTED AT MOORE COUNTY

bleacherbum69

QUOTE(utvols1 @ Feb 10 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826366920[/snapback]

sounds like they need to work on foul shots at practice! hitting only 1 freethrow is definately a reason to get beat!

And the facts finally start to come out....

If JC were 1 for 28 from the line, you would not be seeing this thread and your cute little remark about practicing foul shots would be valid. Since the JC boys were 1 for 3, now the facts finally start to come out.....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like they need to work on foul shots at practice! hitting only 1 freethrow is definately a reason to get beat!

Wouldn't have mattered did you not see what the post was.. Boys and Girls combined shot 9 free throws together in both games! Not 9 each 9 combined!

What facts are you talking about? The fact that the home teams shot 53 foul shots to the visitors 9? Are you saying this is common place and happens all the time? Should a team that travels then understand that the home team is going to shoot 44 more foul shots than the ones traveling? You weren't at the game i was, it was as blatant as it gets. Oh and for your info the teams did go 5/9 from the stripe but i guess youre right if they were perfect it might have made a difference but so would 44 MORE foul shots for the visitors not to mention the "no calls" and the refs allowing the home team to make blatant turnovers and tell the visiting coach "HE TOLD HIM HE COULD" like his word overrules that of the "RULES OF THE GAME" which is exactly what happened. This game is just one game that meant next to nothing to the teams. Its not our first loss by any stretch of the imagination and obviously won't be our last. The Moore Co. teams were great, very good on and off the floor. So were the fine people of Moore Co. very nice and hospitable nothing but good things to say about them. However why does this kind of thing happen with the referees? You can act all unbiased as you want bottom line is the home teams shot 53 foul shots the visitors 9. That decided the outcome of both games. Turn those fouls around and what happens? What they should have done is let the TEAMS decide it on the floor, that didn't happen thats my point! These refs dictated who was going to win these games, not the players that play the game.

QUOTE(bleacherbum69 @ Feb 10 2007 - 11:52 AM) 826366199[/snapback]

I have been watching basketball for 57 years and i have never witnessed a more blatant act against kids in my entire life that someone didn't get arrested for. I want to start by saying to the fine people of Moore County and their players who showed excellent sportsmanship, that this has nothing to do with them nor is it a knock against them in any way, shape or form. The 3 officials decided the outcome of both games for some reason. Moore Co. shot a combined 53 foul shots to Jackson County's 9. 53-9 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The boys from Jackson Co. lost by 7 points the girls by 2. Though you might think that was the worst part, however it wasn't. These 3 officials should be BANNED from ever calling another game EVER! Time and again they turned their heads to obvious fouls and turnovers only to call it totally different for the home team. Why is this? Why or how can they be put in this kind of position to do these things to innocent kids that are playing just as hard for their team. Are we all not AMERICANS? DO WE ALL NOT LIVE IN THE SAME STATE? How can these guys be held accountable? I will give you just a small synopsis of the game so you all can understand our frustration. Jackson Co.'s boys missed a shot and Moore Co. had a layup attempt at the other end in which a player from Jackson Co. fouled him on the way up. An intentional foul was called against our player in where they shot two foul shots and got the ball back. Later in the game the same thing ocurred only it was Jackson Co. on a break away layup with District MVP Tyler Cassety going up and being knocked not only out of bounds but into the wall. There was no intentional foul called and it gets better THERE WAS NO FOUL CALLED AT ALL! IT GETS BETTER!! The Coach from Moore Co. called a timeout, keep in mind with Cassety being knocked into the next state on the layup he did not make the shot. Moore Co. then goes to inbound the ball under Jackson Co's basket. Its a two point game at this time with 2:48 on the clock. Jackson Co. picks up in a full court press and denys the inbound the 5 second count is almost up so the player from Moore Co. starts running the baseline and eventually gets the ball inbounds. The coaches from Jackson Co. are sreaming at the refs because this is an obvious violation and a turnover. The ball is tipped out of bounds on the pass by Moore Co. and given BACK TO MOORE CO!!! The coaches from Jackson Co. are telling the refs he had just had a turnover and i promise you i was sitting right behind the scorers table and the ref told the coach and i quote " I TOLD HIM HE COULD RUN THE BASELINE COACH" The coach tells the ref it wasn't a made basket he can't do that the ref said again i quote "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN COACH" and shook his head as if to say no to Jackson Co. WHY IS THIS KIND OF THING ALLOWED TO HAPPEN? THERE IS NO CALL FOR THIS! Moore Co. has a very good team we take nothing away from them but this game wasn't decided by the players and it was never going to be the refs made that clear from the outset of the game. I JUST WISH TSSAA WOULD DO SOMETHING TO THIS KIND OF REFEREEING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS CAN BE TURNED INTO TSSAA? WHAT KIND OF ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN IN THESE SITUATIONS ? We are all Tennesseans and Americans, what happened in Moore Co. was a CRIME!

I never want to hear another jackson co. fan talking about pickett co. fans getting on here and complaining about the refs, you all are just as bad if not worse. I've never seen a pickett fan type that much about how bad refs are. Nothing wrong with complaining about the refs, i just don't want to see anymore about j.c. fans on here dogging us p.c. fans for complaining about the refs.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 11 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826368087[/snapback]

Sounds like Jackson Co. played sloppy and a little too aggressive... Had an off night and got beat....

But they way you put it makes it sound so much better...

Actually we did not play that bad, Moore Co. is a very good team. When they played in the Christmas tournament here, (Mid South Classic) they were without the services of two of their starters do to injury and had Cookeville down 12 at Cookeville so they are a very good team. We made mistakes like every team does and yeah they shot more free throws than we did but thats to be expected when you travel and play on the road. We love the passion of our fans and please don't that this the wrong way but Moore Co. outplayed us, we missed several easy shots and free throws. Yes there was controversy near the end of the game and yes the ref missed the call but hey that happens. No ones perfect so lets just let this thing go and focus on the positives. We won the district when most didn't think that was possible and we've had a great year thus far. So lets focus on the district tournament and put all this passion into cheering the team on and who knows if we play good and get a little lucky along the way we might just get another shot at Moore Co. as i look for them to be in the state tournament. So lets quit complaining about spilt milk and move on to more important things like WINNING THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT!!

Ah, now j.c. knows what p.c. goes through basically every night of the season, at least you don't see us getting on here making posts like CRIME COMMITTED AT PICKETT CO. , officials slaughter kids hard work... you'll see us complain, probably more than most, and usually its rightfully so, but we don't come up with crazy new post topics such as this. So no more giving us flack for complaining about the refs, you people are just as bad for your team as we are for ours.