8-AAA

ctownboy

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Mar 27 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826424330[/snapback]Franklin Co beat Tullahoma 14-0 OUCH Coffee Co slipped by Lawrence Co 3-2 I haven't heard a final on Lincoln Co vs Columbia

Columbia beat Lincoln Co 12=11. Umpires said it was a heck of a game. Lincoln Co had the tying run at 3rd when the game ended.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(grandslam @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826424546[/snapback]What is wrong with Lincoln County? They are loaded with talent. I know it is early, but I am a little upset with how they are playing. Maybe they will get it going. I just thought they would get off to a better start. Go Falcons!!!

The Falcons played well enough to win. But hats off to Columbia, they hit the ball well. Both teams hit the ball well. This game went back and fourth all night. The Falcons biggest problem in their losses have been lack of timely hitting. Lincoln Co. has left a ton of runners on base in all of their losses. And to be honest, even in their losses, I don't think anyone has out hit the Falcons. Pitching is more solid this year, but everyone can have an off night. But to answer your question, nothing is "wrong" with the Falcons. They have faced many tough teams, and have come up short in a few of them. Over the past few years, the Falcons have tended to have slow starts, but they ended their seasons strong. And the Falcons are facing quality opponents (Beech, Columbia...). Lincoln Co. will be fine. It's the third week of the season. Things will come together.

QUOTE(ClearTheMechanism @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:28 PM) 826424563[/snapback]The Falcons played well enough to win. But hats off to Columbia, they hit the ball well. Both teams hit the ball well. This game went back and fourth all night. The Falcons biggest problem in their losses have been lack of timely hitting. Lincoln Co. has left a ton of runners on base in all of their losses. And to be honest, even in their losses, I don't think anyone has out hit the Falcons. Pitching is more solid this year, but everyone can have an off night. But to answer your question, nothing is "wrong" with the Falcons. They have faced many tough teams, and have come up short in a few of them. Over the past few years, the Falcons have tended to have slow starts, but they ended their seasons strong. And the Falcons are facing quality opponents (Beech, Columbia...). Lincoln Co. will be fine. It's the third week of the season. Things will come together.

Let me second that. Lincoln County's four losses have come to the #4 and #5 ranked teams in Florida, Beech, and Columbia. They have had double digit hit totals in all losses except Beech. They do have a few spots in the order that have not come through in clutch times. They are playing fine, playing hard, just don't have any shut down pitching. Baseball dropped a little in priority last night. Gaskill, their shortstop, was the tying run in the bottom of the seventh after an RBI double. He went to third on a pitch in the dirt, slid headfirst, the ball rolled into the corner, and he couldn't move. He laid on the ground for about 15 minutes unable to move or feel anything. His head jammed into the third baseman's thigh. Apparently an old fashioned "stinger". Doctors say his neck is sprained and he will likely miss some time. Let me again echo that Lincoln County will be fine, it is early, and the best is yet to come.

QUOTE(grandslam @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826424546[/snapback]What is wrong with Lincoln County? They are loaded with talent. I know it is early, but I am a little upset with how they are playing. Maybe they will get it going. I just thought they would get off to a better start. Go Falcons!!!

they are 3-1 in the district

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Mar 28 2007 - 05:59 AM) 826424587[/snapback]they are 3-1 in the district

You are correct. They swept F.C. and lost last night to Columbia. Last night was the first time I`ve got to watch L.C. their starting pitcher wasn`t on from what I`ve heard about him. Columbia swung the bat well.L.C. has 3 seniors that can play. CF, SS and 2B all looked good.Freak play at the end of the game,LC should have tied it up in bottom of 7th. Glad to hear that SS wasn`t hurt bad. LC just didn`t get hits when they needed them. Left 8 runners on base. Give a young Columbia team credit though they played good ball.L.C. had a couple of base running mistakes also that cost them some runs. I think L.C. will be fine come tournament time.

QUOTE(ozzie smith @ Mar 28 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826424890[/snapback]You are correct. They swept F.C. and lost last night to Columbia. Last night was the first time I`ve got to watch L.C. their starting pitcher wasn`t on from what I`ve heard about him. Columbia swung the bat well.L.C. has 3 seniors that can play. CF, SS and 2B all looked good.Freak play at the end of the game,LC should have tied it up in bottom of 7th. Glad to hear that SS wasn`t hurt bad. LC just didn`t get hits when they needed them. Left 8 runners on base. Give a young Columbia team credit though they played good ball.L.C. had a couple of base running mistakes also that cost them some runs. I think L.C. will be fine come tournament time.

Rematch at Columbia tonight rained out.