Unaka losses to HV?Is Snavely killing the program?

RangerFan77

QUOTE(rangerparent @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826373465[/snapback]

I will make a prediction that Unaka will win on friday against North Green. I beleive the loss to happy valley has given them something to play for. If Snavley will coach them in a possitive way, they can beat UH on sat. They almost beat them in the 1st meeting this year. If unaka wins this week end look out big blue alliance. I will also appoligize to the coaches if that happens. For I am a true ranger fan and have been for longer than most of you kids have been on this earth.

True, but in that first meeting, Unaka had Lewis and Grindstaff. And although sometimes a destraction to the team, when thos two played like they could, they were good ball players. And I might be wrong, but Grindstaff is the one that kept them in that game. Now I'm not saying they won't win, its just that Unaka is a diferant ball club than it was in that first meeting

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangerparent @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826373496[/snapback]

You are really in a state of confusion arn't you. I don't think you have been to a game this year. Yes he was a great coach in that time. That time is long gone. He is a good man and I aploud his handling of the 2 senior players he kicked off the team after Christmas. I do wish it had been done at the 1st of the year or even last year. I cannot recall who the other 2 were for disiplinary reasons. Buy your count that leaves 5 players that don't add up. The last game I counted 8 players on the bench. I did not count the freshman they moved up a couple weeks ago. As for your second point Roper has not had the opertunity to show his ability because of the possition he has been forced to play. Roper is a great 3 point shot but he is also pretty darn good underneath I have not seen him under the goal much this year. 3 pointers are great but they will not win games consistantly, you have to have a inside game. We have not had one this year.

There are only 7 left of the original 12 they had to start the year. 2 kicked off, 1 quit, and 2 due to injuries. They've brought up 4, one being Frankie... And no matter how anyone feels about the coaching staff and/or players, you have to agree that he has been a pleasant surprise. He runs the point pretty darn good considering he's a freshman that wasn't even on the original varsity roster.

QUOTE(rangerparent @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826373465[/snapback]

I will make a prediction that Unaka will win on friday against North Green. I beleive the loss to happy valley has given them something to play for. If Snavley will coach them in a possitive way, they can beat UH on sat. They almost beat them in the 1st meeting this year. If unaka wins this week end look out big blue alliance. I will also appoligize to the coaches if that happens. For I am a true ranger fan and have been for longer than most of you kids have been on this earth.

I know alot of kids on the team and at unaka, and they should win Friday but I dont see them beating UH, But Im for anyone in the Conference beating university high.

lol, these unaka people are talkin about tyler mccann like he is a god. haha, he was the 5th best player on that state championship team. rusty chambers, cody collins, derek cline, and rusty holtsclaw were much, much, much better ball players than mccann. the only reason he even saw the floor was because mccinturf got hurt. i have a serious question though, were there any good players at unaka before aaron dugger because i have never heard of one...

QUOTE(Lord Vader @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826373655[/snapback]

lol, these unaka people are talkin about tyler mccann like he is a god. haha, he was the 5th best player on that state championship team. rusty chambers, cody collins, derek cline, and rusty holtsclaw were much, much, much better ball players than mccann. the only reason he even saw the floor was because mccinturf got hurt. i have a serious question though, were there any good players at unaka before aaron dugger because i have never heard of one...

i would like to see tyler mccann and leon tolley go at it one-on-one, i dont think there is an doubt about who would come out on top.

Sure there were, as a matter of fact, Snavely's son played for the first team that Coach Ensor ever took to a sub-state. Don't forget the long-time driver for the Rangers "Big John" Taylor, a great player who put on a maroon uniform.

Here are some others that come to mind before Aaron...

Michael Burrow... Very comparable to Aaron as far as skill level

Chris Wilson.... One of the best point guards to come through Unaka

Jamie Blevins.... Quite possibly the hardest playing forward in recent years

John Minton.... A great shooter who played for four years

David Scott... A transfer who could play from all positions on the floor

It is arguable that none of these players were quite the player that Aaron was, but all of them contributed to the long run of conference titles. Best of luck to the Rangers again this season. A whole new season begins tomorrow and I look for them to make some noise. Good luck, guys.

QUOTE(kuriousgeorge @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826373720[/snapback]

Sure there were, as a matter of fact, Snavely's son played for the first team that Coach Ensor ever took to a sub-state. Don't forget the long-time driver for the Rangers "Big John" Taylor, a great player who put on a maroon uniform.

Here are some others that come to mind before Aaron...

Michael Burrow... Very comparable to Aaron as far as skill level

Chris Wilson.... One of the best point guards to come through Unaka

Jamie Blevins.... Quite possibly the hardest playing forward in recent years

John Minton.... A great shooter who played for four years

David Scott... A transfer who could play from all positions on the floor

It is arguable that none of these players were quite the player that Aaron was, but all of them contributed to the long run of conference titles. Best of luck to the Rangers again this season. A whole new season begins tomorrow and I look for them to make some noise. Good luck, guys.

Eddie Holly was one of the best player in Carter County history.

Announcements