Regiion 7AA tournament

VOREBS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826380126[/snapback]Well so much for those thoughts on the first round match-ups. It now will be:

OC at Jackson Northside

Milan at Fayette Ware

Dyersburg hosts Covington

Westview hosts U.S.J.

Yes, Fayette Ware beat Jax NS, and USJ beat Covington. Everything has turned upside down.

Now the Lady Rebels have the task of going to Jax Nside which will be now easy task. But it is time to get it done, and the Lady Rebs are coming off their best effort I think since they whipped Marshall Co. Ky in the Milan win. Go to the #1 ranked team in the state and get a win, tough, YES, but OC can and I think will get it done. Rebel Nation, its time to board the "TRAIN" and head to Jackson. Be there and BE LOUD. So what are the thoughts now that the teams are set. Who wins? Who goes home?

side note: A BIG Congrats to Jana Roney, on being a finalists for Miss Basketball in AA. A great player, and a FINE young lady.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO out of these four games what would the next match up be in the next round-how would they be matched up thinking like oc and ns is games one and milan and fw is game 2 and burg and cov. is game 3 and view and usj is game 4?

This should be the best regional games in the state....sad that one "Miss AA Basketball finalist" won't be at the "boro"..pretty much a guess which one..both OC & JNS bring different strengths to the table along with some weaknesses..guess whichever one is on their "A" game pulls it out..as for the Ware/Milan matchup, Milan had better pull themselves from their slump or it will be one & done...Westview & Dyersburg should advance IF they play their game...the semi round should be a classic as well....can't wait!!!

Good luck to all 13AA teams & do the district proud!!!

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826381067[/snapback]Really the only sure pick is Dyersburg over Covington........the lady trojans are peaking at the right time. The other three games could go either way......I just hate I can't watch them all.......

I couldn't agree more about there is really no clear winner except D-burg! I was at the northside game last night and they played very sloppy. With that being said, they are still an exceptional team. They will not come out relaxed like they did last night on Thursday. If the Lady Rebels stay focused and stay DISCIPLINED, they can win in a close one. Contain #53 b/c she could be a big factor in the game.

Fayette Ware has a similar team to Milan in respect to both teams are very athletic. Fayette Ware reminded me alot of last year's Memphis Hillcrest team. Very fast but undisciplined! BUT Hillcrest did win a gold ball last year.

QUOTE(LU_the_Eagle @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826381224[/snapback]I couldn't agree more about there is really no clear winner except D-burg! I was at the northside game last night and they played very sloppy. With that being said, they are still an exceptional team. They will not come out relaxed like they did last night on Thursday. If the Lady Rebels stay focused and stay DISCIPLINED, they can win in a close one. Contain #53 b/c she could be a big factor in the game.

Fayette Ware has a similar team to Milan in respect to both teams are very athletic. Fayette Ware reminded me alot of last year's Memphis Hillcrest team. Very fast but undisciplined! BUT Hillcrest did win a gold ball last year.

There is no doubt after last night that anything can and will happen this time of year. I've seen it consistently over the past 5 years, mainly in regional play.

(Covington over Westview regional final 2002; Haywood over Westview regional quarterfinal 2004, Haywood over Gibson County regional quarterfinal 2005, Obion over Westview regional semifinal 2006, 2007 ???????????)

No team should take the other for granted no matter what your seed and whether or not you are supposed to win....

WOW, per the below....Covington over Westview, Haywood over Westview, OCCHS over Westview......Guess I am gonna make my bold prediction and go out on a limb and pick USJ over Westview....I predict Freshman sensation, Adrian Sanders scores 18 and USJ wins by 3 for the Upset. VOREB, you better get to Jax early Thurs and get a good seat....wish I could be there. Go Lady Rebs.

QUOTE(Joe Quincy @ Feb 20 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826381523[/snapback]There is no doubt after last night that anything can and will happen this time of year. I've seen it consistently over the past 5 years, mainly in regional play.

(Covington over Westview regional final 2002; Haywood over Westview regional quarterfinal 2004, Haywood over Gibson County regional quarterfinal 2005, Obion over Westview regional semifinal 2006, 2007 ???????????)

No team should take the other for granted no matter what your seed and whether or not you are supposed to win....

Old timer...Trust me, we will be there early, you ought to come out, and see the old school play, they are fun to watch. #1 vs #4, two Miss Basketball finalists go head to head. This could be a classic. OC must control the tempo of this one and I think they will, in a close one, OC will advance to face D'burg for a 4th time Saturday night.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:26 AM) 826384111[/snapback]It's Gameday!!!! Win or go home!!! Spirit day at school...Train leaving at 5...WOO!!! I can't wait!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!

tree....I hope you guys have to bring 2 or 3 buses, er... I mean passenger cars to get everyone there!!

BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826384219[/snapback]tree....I hope you guys have to bring 2 or 3 buses, er... I mean passenger cars to get everyone there!!

BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure we have 2 bus fulls already, and people are still signing up to ride....We're gonna be loud!!! WOO!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!