Final Post

kdxdude

Well, it has been a heck of a ride through all these years of wrestling. I have traveled many miles and sat in many bleachers and have witnessed many ups and downs, more ups than downs though. Lots of good memories of great kids, coaches, referees and parents. We have been fortunate to have made so many friends across the state of TN. I will not call folks out by name for fear that I may leave someone out, but it has been very nice traveling, talking and cheering together for many years. I would like to thank all of the Coaches and wrestlers from all across the state who have helped my sons. A very special thanks to all of the folks who had so many kind words for my sons during their moments of disappointment. I will still look in from time to time but this is my last post. I will leave the posting to other dads and coaches and other critics. We will carry these memories of wrestling and friendships made the rest of our lives. It has been a wonderful time and now I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life which involves doing a whole lot of camping, hunting, fishing and just basically doing a bunch of nothing. God Bless You All, Good Luck and Best Wishes.

kdxdude

Kevin Randolph

QUOTE(kdxdude @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826378522[/snapback]Well, it has been a heck of a ride through all these years of wrestling. I have traveled many miles and sat in many bleachers and have witnessed many ups and downs, more ups than downs though. Lots of good memories of great kids, coaches, referees and parents. We have been fortunate to have made so many friends across the state of TN. I will not call folks out by name for fear that I may leave someone out, but it has been very nice traveling, talking and cheering together for many years. I would like to thank all of the Coaches and wrestlers from all across the state who have helped my sons. A very special thanks to all of the folks who had so many kind words for my sons during their moments of disappointment. I will still look in from time to time but this is my last post. I will leave the posting to other dads and coaches and other critics. We will carry these memories of wrestling and friendships made the rest of our lives. It has been a wonderful time and now I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life which involves doing a whole lot of camping, hunting, fishing and just basically doing a bunch of nothing. God Bless You All, Good Luck and Best Wishes.

kdxdude

Kevin Randolph

Take care Kevin...it was a pleasure to meet you and your son.

QUOTE(kdxdude @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826378522[/snapback]Well, it has been a heck of a ride through all these years of wrestling. I have traveled many miles and sat in many bleachers and have witnessed many ups and downs, more ups than downs though. Lots of good memories of great kids, coaches, referees and parents. We have been fortunate to have made so many friends across the state of TN. I will not call folks out by name for fear that I may leave someone out, but it has been very nice traveling, talking and cheering together for many years. I would like to thank all of the Coaches and wrestlers from all across the state who have helped my sons. A very special thanks to all of the folks who had so many kind words for my sons during their moments of disappointment. I will still look in from time to time but this is my last post. I will leave the posting to other dads and coaches and other critics. We will carry these memories of wrestling and friendships made the rest of our lives. It has been a wonderful time and now I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life which involves doing a whole lot of camping, hunting, fishing and just basically doing a bunch of nothing. God Bless You All, Good Luck and Best Wishes.

kdxdude

Kevin Randolph

Take Care and God Bless

Not so fast there, Mr. Randolph. I made the same remark two years ago when my kid’s career ended. Now, I find myself as big a fan as ever, and I obviously frequent the CoachT site.

It’s still fun to keep up with what’s going on in the wrestling community, both near and far. You’ll be pleased to learn how much you still mean to your program and the contributions you can still make to their success. They can always use your time and support.

Watching your kid’s younger team mates develop and mature as wrestlers will be almost as much fun as watching your own. They will appreciate your encouragement; so will their parents and coaches. Remember, you’ve made some friends for a very long time.

So don’t plan any great escape from the sport you dearly love. Stick around and check in every once in a while. If for no other reason than to see what happens next!

P.S. There’s another certain someone who might heed this exhortation.

Kevin,

It was a pleasure to have an opportunity to sit and talk with you and your wife on Friday. You all have my respect as does all of the Bradley program (not that you need it!). I think we can all respect you wishes to enjoy the other things in life as you have earned it, but please don't be a total stranger. At least come back and update us on what Hunter decides as far as college and how he does there. He is a great kid and will have tons of people in TN wishing him the best!

Garrett House

Kevin you and Hunter are two of the finest people Colt and I have ever met . I always looked forward to seeing the both of you. Sorry I didn't get to see you or Hunter at Clarksville or in Chattanooga . It was great seeing a friend and familiar face in Pittsburgh last year . Good luck to you and your family . I hope to see you again .

Lloyd Kittrell , Colt's dad

I'm sitting here trying to think of the right way to say what I want and I don't know if this is exactly right, but here it goes.

Guys, the bleachers are going to be emptier without you there. There are a bunch of home matches and road trips that would have been more boring without you all. I remember alot of kids club tournaments when we would stay so we could watch the "bigger boys" wrestle. (This was back when 7th and 8th graders seemed big!)

Hunter, you've always taken the time to wrestle with E and show him moves. Maybe he doesn't understand to appreciate that yet, but his parents do. Thanks, and good luck.

I don't really think that you will be able to stay completely away from wrestling like you think. Maybe at first, but when the weather starts to turn cold and the home matches get cranked up, we will be saving you a seat. Bradley Wrestling is family, and love 'em or hate 'em, eventually everybody has to turn up for the reunions!

Peace and Best Wishes

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826378961[/snapback]Grandchildren are for the next phase! Next year will be my last one untill young ones com along. I figure 10 years and we will all be back on a AAU/USAW BOARD.

I was thinking the same thing. It took me 20 something years to get back and I am thankful my kid started wrestling. Now he has handed our 7th grader his headgear.

Seems like only yesterday (I think it was 1973) when Coaches Schriver & Miller packed our team up on a bus and we rode down Keith Street over to Bradley Central HS to show those Bear guys some wrestling moves (not that we knew that many). Looks like we helped create a monster!

Wrestlings over. Wormer dropped the big one.

What? "Over"?

Did you say "over"?

Nothing's over until Harry and I decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans

bombed Pearl Harbor?

He77, no!

-Germans?

-Forget it, he's rolling.

And it ain't over now.

'Cause when the going gets tough...

(Patriotic instrumental music)

the tough get going! Who's with me?

Let's go! Come on!

A little Animal House to lighten your day.

You just think it's over. I can tell that come next Dec, you'll be checkin out the paper seeing who's doing what and then one day you'll yell to Tina " Hon I think I'm going to a meeting at Merv's and then see my 4 match of the week"

Congrats on being the father of a State Champion and a good kid.

bcb iii

Tommy Boone

BTW, I may need you to be my camera man next year.