Antioch @ Centennial

zoosee12

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't going to be easy for CHS at all. CHS has to play perfect basketball (the kind they seen last night) in order to win. But AHS has to play total team basketball in order to really domintate this game or in the region. CHS has to take care of the basketball, turnovers killed them last night, I guess you can say that the guard play killed them last night. I didn't like the match up zone they played on defense. I saw AHS assist coach at the game last night scouting CHS and if they can get the same concept down that FHS had, plus the athletes that AHS has.........CHS is going to be in for another long night. Scales, McLemore, and Jones (Ty) have to play ball with controlled agression, attack but attack smart, Kelly and Harris are going to do what they do, but CHS's backcourt is going to have to step up big time.

QUOTE(AlonBabayan @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826382677[/snapback]This isn't going to be easy for CHS at all. CHS has to play perfect basketball (the kind they seen last night) in order to win. But AHS has to play total team basketball in order to really domintate this game or in the region. CHS has to take care of the basketball, turnovers killed them last night, I guess you can say that the guard play killed them last night. I didn't like the match up zone they played on defense. I saw AHS assist coach at the game last night scouting CHS and if they can get the same concept down that FHS had, plus the athletes that AHS has.........CHS is going to be in for another long night. Scales, McLemore, and Jones (Ty) have to play ball with controlled agression, attack but attack smart, Kelly and Harris are going to do what they do, but CHS's backcourt is going to have to step up big time.

if their guards don't play well verse Antioch they might be in for trouble and Antioch two big men and plus the one coming off the bench can hold the dude that hit 32 against Franklin.

Antioch by 10+

no respect for centennial

hmm where have i heard this one???

oh yeah EVERY FRIGGIN GAME THIS SEASON

when will people learn that this is deffinately not the same team as last year???

we've lost 3 games at home

thats it

thats quiet impressive if you ask me

and we play at home on saturday

centennial by 6 if they can play smart gaurd play

if not antioch will win

Gotta give props to zoosie and CHS07 - the eternal optomists!!! Every team needs fans like these who are so passionate about their school.

Just don't bet in vegas like you prdeict on these threads - if you bet with your heart....

My thoughts after seeing CHS 3 times this year and twice last (all losses to FHS), and seeing Antioch play FHS this year - my head tells me Antioch.

CHS rely's too much on the inside game, in fact Coach Kelly talked about their strength as being the inside game in the paper. No doubt young Kelly is special, unfortunately he is not surrounded by enough talent to support his ability. Typically a special guard can raise the level of his team mates, but a post up player who is special has a tougher time. Last night was prime example - big numbers for Kelly, but didn't raise the level of play around him.

I would love to see CHS pull this off Saturday night, but think Antioch has more weapons.

QUOTE(zoosee12 @ Feb 21 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826383176[/snapback]no respect for centennial

when will people learn that this is deffinately not the same team as last year???

thats it

if not antioch will win

You've got to earn respect and do something first. You can't get beat by a Ravenwood on your home floor and think you are going to get respect. I have seen Antioch several times this season, they are going to eat your little guards lunch.

Antioch by 16

Centennial's guard play is anemic offensively. They only hit one three all game long against Franklin and it was during garbage time.

Even when they were down by 15 with 2 minutes to go, they still fed it inside because there really isn't another way of scoring.

I still think the two big guys down low can cancel out Wells and McAdoo, but McLemore will have to be absolutely huge in this one if the Cougars want to keep playing.

QUOTE(zoosee12 @ Feb 21 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826383176[/snapback]no respect for centennial

thats it

if not antioch will win

no offense but what is up with the past 3 or 4 Centennial games u guys have always said Centennial by 6 or 7 is that yalls lucky number or sumn?