Results of scrimmages

BHS23

QUOTE(webeballin9114 @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826400848[/snapback]sorry to hear that bradley. who are the sophomore and freshman stepping in??

duh i was talking about myself...if that wasnt obvious enough...

sprained mcl for me and i might be out..day to day..nick desalvetore(fresh) is stepping in

also charlas is father ryan's best player by far..without him they wont get far but they do have that lil black kid of front and armond who just beats people up, which is good for high school

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion on the scrimmages we have played is that they can't really show anything. we've played 3 30minute periods in which we sub in the younger players throughout. varsity doesn't really see the field after the first thirty minutes. how does this help a coach or more importantly how does it help a team to get the feel for a real game. these scrimmages determine close to nothing. it's in the later part of the game where u find out what a team is made of. who's got more stamina and who's willing to give it the extra push when they are worn out and ready to call it quits. the coffee county tourney was ridiculous. they were twenty minute games. the semi finals and finals were two ten minute halves. what good does it do a team to play these short games? they don't get the opportunity to push themselves that final twenty or so minutes. so what good are these scrimmages unless you play them with a more realistic time span

QUOTE(R.O.B.jr. @ Mar 5 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826401139[/snapback]Yes, Father Ryan does have Charles and Jonah, but they also have a core group of seniors that will lead the team to victory and some other juniors and sophomores that will give good contributions.

They have Ryan Zeek, Armond Agassi, Alex Agassi, Rory Hegarty, Andrew Chamberlain, and Alan Acuff. Father Ryan played well tonight they beat Clarksville 3-1 including two goals from Charles, one off of a free kick and another from Thomas Wood. Their only weaknesses might be their keeper and finishing opportunities.

In conclusion though this years state Champion for D2 soccer will be from the middle whether it's MBA, Father Ryan, or BGA it will happen. The state champs will come from the middle region for the third straight year.

QUOTE(a_villa @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826402896[/snapback]They have Ryan Zeek, Armond Agassi, Alex Agassi, Rory Hegarty, Andrew Chamberlain, and Alan Acuff. Father Ryan played well tonight they beat Clarksville 3-1 including two goals from Charles, one off of a free kick and another from Thomas Wood. Their only weaknesses might be their keeper and finishing opportunities.

In conclusion though this years state Champion for D2 soccer will be from the middle whether it's MBA, Father Ryan, or BGA it will happen. The state champs will come from the middle region for the third straight year.

i agree with you about the state champion coming from the middle region. there's some good competition in the middle and should be interesting to see who comes out as the #1 seed. CBHS, although they're in the west, are very good and will compete at state, too.