Region 1A Regional Championship

GotSpeed

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ode to the maroon empire. It has remained true for many a year that the bucaneers have had few successes against the empire, only when it counts. Oh the fearless leader of the bucs, one who may prove to be fearful in the days to come. Take heed for your own good.... for the mighty empire hath fought for only a short time and proved there is a potential for a victorious outcome. The senior knights of the empire have been graced with another chance to prove that the maroon empire will stand victorious at all cost. It is up to thee, maroon and white bregade, to suit up in the armor and support the efforts of our troops, for they will provide what is needed for a chance to press on.

Julius Caesar

I realize that District 2 is down this year, but the domination of District 1 this year is amazing. Unaka gave their fans something to smile about with their upset of D2 #1 Hancock Co., and the other games weren't anywhere near close. The region semis are gonna be awesome, with the Cloudland-Hampton game being the real one to watch. In all fairness to UH/Unaka, most people feel they know how that one will turn out. Unaka just doesn't seem to have enough to hang with the other three teams from D1. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cloudland/Hampton game goes OT like the district semi did, if not 2 OT's. They are very evenly matched, with Hampton being much deeper and more explosive offensively, with Cloudland being more disiplined and patient. Ican't wait! It's a shame this game couldn't be the region final, they are both deserving of going further into the play-offs. Good luck to all!

I agree with my Hampton allies. Hampton may be the strongest team in the Region at this point. Cloudland is indeed very well coached and they don't panic when things go wrong. Makes for an interesting matchup. Unaka will be soundly defeated by UH. The Rangers are no longer the team of Region 1. Most of the county have accepted this and have realized that now is the time of the Big Blue Alliance.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826390449[/snapback]I realize that District 2 is down this year, but the domination of District 1 this year is amazing. Unaka gave their fans something to smile about with their upset of D2 #1 Hancock Co., and the other games weren't anywhere near close. The region semis are gonna be awesome, with the Cloudland-Hampton game being the real one to watch. In all fairness to UH/Unaka, most people feel they know how that one will turn out. Unaka just doesn't seem to have enough to hang with the other three teams from D1. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cloudland/Hampton game goes OT like the district semi did, if not 2 OT's. They are very evenly matched, with Hampton being much deeper and more explosive offensively, with Cloudland being more disiplined and patient. Ican't wait! It's a shame this game couldn't be the region final, they are both deserving of going further into the play-offs. Good luck to all!

While District 1's "domination" was nice, it means absolutly nothing. I think it just goes to show how bad District 2 really $ucks. Lets be realistic. A way down Unaka team that was held scoreless in a quarter each of their last two games went to Sneedville to play the number 1 team from that district, came out flat and thought they had no chance, airballed a third of the shots they took, probably shot 30% from the free throw line, had every call in the 2nd half go against them, and they tried their darndest to give the game away in the 4th quarter, and Unaka STILL won. Thats how bad district 2 is. This years North Greene team (the worst North Greene team I've ever seen) could have probably won that district.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Feb 27 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826391933[/snapback]While District 1's "domination" was nice, it means absolutly nothing. I think it just goes to show how bad District 2 really $ucks. Lets be realistic. A way down Unaka team that was held scoreless in a quarter each of their last two games went to Sneedville to play the number 1 team from that district, came out flat and thought they had no chance, airballed a third of the shots they took, probably shot 30% from the free throw line, had every call in the 2nd half go against them, and they tried their darndest to give the game away in the 4th quarter, and Unaka STILL won. Thats how bad district 2 is. This years North Greene team (the worst North Greene team I've ever seen) could have probably won that district.

Crazzyness- didn't you also make the comment on how weak district 1AA was...more specifically how Unicoi would have to play flawless to beat the fourth seat from district 2AA? The only team out of Disctrict 2AA that won without a dog fight was Pigeon Forge (Rutledge escaped W. Greene by four points). I don't understand the need to call out the 'weakness' of different districts- correctly or incorrecly. Four teams emerging from the same district into the regional semifinals is a testament to how difficult it must have been playing each other all season long. No need to steal their thunder.

Krispy Kreme Karl congratulates Cloudland on a well-played game and hopes they go to State. Krispy Kreme Karl says good job Hampton players and seniors Jonathan Lyons and Michael Guy. Krispy Kreme Karl understands because Krispy Kreme Karl's Red Lady Bulldogs of Krispy Kreme Karl's Red Boiling Springs fell to Clarkrange last night. Krispy Kreme Karl was sad for his sister. Speaking of Hampton, Krispy Kreme Karl thinks that the rug is tired of having stuff swept under it and hopes that this is the Hampton coach's final game. Krispy Kreme Karl thinks someone else would have had this team in Mufreesboro.

Good win for the landers ,now go ahead and beat UH. Hope these boys can make it to the state again. I hate it for Hampton and the seniors. The best thing about it is the Bulldogs can start getting prepared for the upcoming football season. The season is closer than one might think,5 months. I'm ready NOW.