Pick The Final Eight IN 1A

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826389394[/snapback]Union City is a "whole nother monster" this year.....They have 10 guys that can shoot and make things happen like Quis did last year...

haha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...lets be realistic...youre tellin me union city has 10 players that are as good as marquis was last year..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826389404[/snapback]haha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...lets be realistic...youre tellin me union city has 10 players that are as good as marquis was last year..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not saying that.....I'm saying have 10 guys who can make things happen like Quis did last year....Not saying they are as good as Quis was because he was just straight up awesome...

QUOTE(rayshawn_07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826389514[/snapback]Where are the Humboldt Vikings at in the talk of the Final Eight? Please take my word for it, they are playing their best basketball right now. And they have a great chance to beat the Tornados of Union City, so bring YOUR "A" game UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it could happen. I'm expecting a good one tomorrow night. If Sain & Epperson stay out of foul trouble, a Humboldt win is a definite possibility.

treefitty74, yes, Marquis was awesome, but I must say, I'd take MJ over Quis any day. I've watched them both enough to logically say MJ is just as good as Quis if not a little better.

QUOTE(rayshawn_07 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826389514[/snapback]Where are the Humboldt Vikings at in the talk of the Final Eight? Please take my word for it, they are playing their best basketball right now. And they have a great chance to beat the Tornados of Union City, so bring YOUR "A" game UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UC will bring their A game....but I'm thinking the question for the game should be..Will the Vikings be able to play a whole 4 quarters with Union City?....They haven't been able to do it yet...How do we know that they can do it tomorrow night?

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826389404[/snapback]haha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...lets be realistic...youre tellin me union city has 10 players that are as good as marquis was last year..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cully,Marquis was an excellent ball player for Union City,no doubt about it....This season Union City's offense doesn't revolve around or go through one player....This Union City team would beat last year's Union City by more than 10 points...They would because they have 10 options on offense...They would because they are more tenacious on defense....I've seen both teams alot so I feel I have got a pretty good feel for both squads....This is the most explosive offensive team in 1A and is probably the most explosive offense Union City has ever had....

QUOTE(rayshawn_07 @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:49 AM) 826389514[/snapback]Where are the Humboldt Vikings at in the talk of the Final Eight? Please take my word for it, they are playing their best basketball right now. And they have a great chance to beat the Tornados of Union City, so bring YOUR "A" game UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a Humboldt fan you are praying Union City doesn't bring their "A" game Tuesday nite...WHY??..Because they have beaten Humboldt twice this year playing a "B-"game at best......

Well Alright, union city is now out of the talk along with Lake Co....Thought they were all world? Looks like Pickett Co. is still in and those unbeatable's have gone home.

First Round

Middleton vs Pickett Co.

University School vs. Culleoka

Humbolt vs Cloudland

Temple vs Moore Co.

Semi-Finals

Pickett Co. vs Culleoka

Temple vs. Humbolt

Finals

Pickett Co. vs Temple

2006-2007 State Champions....Pickett Co. Bobcats

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826388574[/snapback]As we approach one of,if not the most important night in high school basketball around the state(Semi-Finals of the Region) let's pick the eight teams that will make it to The Boro on March 14th......It will be fun to look back on this after the tournament to see how we all did.....

If I have my brackets straight,here is how I believe it will turn out.....

10:30am...3/14/07

Lake County vs Pickett County

12:15pm....3/14/07

Grace Christian vs Culleoka

2:00pm...3/14/17

Union City vs University School

5:15pm....3/14/07

Temple vs Nashville Christian

Then For The Semi-Finals.....

10:30am....3/16/07

Lake County vs Culleoka

12:15pm....3/16/07

Union City vs Temple

And For The Finals.....

3:00pm....3/17/07

Lake County Falcons vs Union City Golden Tornadoes....Round V

And When The Smoke Clears..Your Boys 2006-2007 State Champions will be.........

The Golden Tornadoes Of Union City!!!!!!!

Your team knowledge is evident and I would have agreed before I saw the zebra show in Harriman gym Tuesday night. If you can get a copy of the Wartburg vs Grace Christian video you will see why one of your picked teams will not be in the boro. Something needs to be done about refs that take away the feeling of playing to Win or Loose and leave "Stolen" on the minds of anyone who would view the video and did not have a "Dog" in the fight. Don't let those three zebras stink up your gym!!!!! Does Wartburg have the players to win, no doubt? Did the zebras graze in Wartburg's pasture Tuesday night, You better beleive they did and the final score was Zebras 1 , Tennessee High School Basketball 0! Would the outcome have been different with three fair refs, who knows? Grace Christian won't know this year and if someone with power of removal doesn't do something about those three refs before their next game called....... You can probably add another team to the list!!! I can take it when a team is out played or out coached but "Called Out" that's hard to take!

QUOTE(bhhvols @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826390480[/snapback]Quarterfinals

Lake County vs. Friendship Christian

Hampton vs. Culleoka

Union City vs. Grace Christian

Temple vs. Forrest

Semifinals

Lake County vs. Culleoka

Union City vs. Temple

Championship

Lake County vs. Union City

Champion

Union City

Great thread BackinthaOC! (As usual)

These old posts are good entertainment. . .especially when people do them so "matter-of-factly". Only two of your eight state tournament teams are actually going. . and those two had little to no competition to get there (Cully and Temple). Good luck to the other six teams who don't have time for the CoachT pundits!