Semifinals

Lake County vs. Culleoka

Union City vs. Temple

Championship

Lake County vs. Union City

Champion

Union City

Great thread BackinthaOC! (As usual)

I'm sure glad I didn't bet any money on your predicitions.

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826402244[/snapback]i think if you go by the favorites and "HYPE"...i think your final four are gonna be Culleoka, Humboldt, Temple, and Westside......can anyone tell me anything about these teams...besides culleoka

All I know about Temple is that Seth Skogen supposedly runs the show...Humboldt has a lot of size, but most of the size is very athletic...Solid guard play and they're very capable of putting up a lot of points in a hurry which makes no deficit too much to overcome...Westside, from what I know, is a generic version of Union City...They run a lot but they don't shoot it or play as good of defense as UC does...I don't think Westside has much size, just a lot of guards that like to get up and down the floor and penetrate...Hopefully that helps..

QUOTE(ramtough68 @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:37 AM) 826392733[/snapback]Your team knowledge is evident and I would have agreed before I saw the zebra show in Harriman gym Tuesday night. If you can get a copy of the Wartburg vs Grace Christian video you will see why one of your picked teams will not be in the boro. Something needs to be done about refs that take away the feeling of playing to Win or Loose and leave "Stolen" on the minds of anyone who would view the video and did not have a "Dog" in the fight. Don't let those three zebras stink up your gym!!!!! Does Wartburg have the players to win, no doubt? Did the zebras graze in Wartburg's pasture Tuesday night, You better beleive they did and the final score was Zebras 1 , Tennessee High School Basketball 0! Would the outcome have been different with three fair refs, who knows? Grace Christian won't know this year and if someone with power of removal doesn't do something about those three refs before their next game called....... You can probably add another team to the list!!! I can take it when a team is out played or out coached but "Called Out" that's hard to take!

the green-eyed monster strikes again

QUOTE(red_16 @ Mar 6 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826402321[/snapback]All I know about Temple is that Seth Skogen supposedly runs the show...Humboldt has a lot of size, but most of the size is very athletic...Solid guard play and they're very capable of putting up a lot of points in a hurry which makes no deficit too much to overcome...Westside, from what I know, is a generic version of Union City...They run a lot but they don't shoot it or play as good of defense as UC does...I don't think Westside has much size, just a lot of guards that like to get up and down the floor and penetrate...Hopefully that helps..

Humboldt will have the most intimidating presence.....As you know,and the rest of the state will see,West Tennessee basketball in another level...If I'm not mistaken this is Humboldt's third straight trip to Murfreesboro,1 in 2A and the last 2 in 1A.....I just keep thinking about them losing to Grace last year....They should have beat them badly...They probably did what I did when I saw them step on the court against Union City last year....Started laughing and overlooked them....Had Humboldt not just started chunking up threes from 30 ft away they would have beaten Grace no matter how well Davis Eldridge or Nick Van Horn played...IF Humboldt doesn't get too overconfident and play their game and intimidate these schools that haven't seen the kind of athletic ability that Humboldt will bring to the table,they should win in a manner Union City did last year...By about a 24 point margin...

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826402244[/snapback]i think if you go by the favorites and "HYPE"...i think your final four are gonna be Culleoka, Humboldt, Temple, and Westside......can anyone tell me anything about these teams...besides culleoka

Culleokarep, I hadn't seen you on the boards this season and was worried that y'all hadn't panned out. How the stud up there this season?

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826402605[/snapback]Humboldt will have the most intimidating presence.....As you know,and the rest of the state will see,West Tennessee basketball in another level...If I'm not mistaken this is Humboldt's third straight trip to Murfreesboro,1 in 2A and the last 2 in 1A.....I just keep thinking about them losing to Grace last year....They should have beat them badly...They probably did what I did when I saw them step on the court against Union City last year....Started laughing and overlooked them....Had Humboldt not just started chunking up threes from 30 ft away they would have beaten Grace no matter how well Davis Eldridge or Nick Van Horn played...IF Humboldt doesn't get too overconfident and play their game and intimidate these schools that haven't seen the kind of athletic ability that Humboldt will bring to the table,they should win in a manner Union City did last year...By about a 24 point margin...

I don't think anyone is intimidated.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826402626[/snapback]Culleokarep, I hadn't seen you on the boards this season and was worried that y'all hadn't panned out. How the stud up there this season?

naw the guys have been playing great...i just hadnt had time to get on here...mario's lookin really good....hes been really clutch when the teams needed him and hes really movin the ball good this year....the two guys to look for this year on the team though is the twins...they've really stepped their game up

QUOTE(bhhvols @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826388779[/snapback]I do not think Cloudland wants any of Union City again this year. They would be smart and just say "kick me in the head" or something like that. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Looks like Union City can't hold up their end of the bargain. They got something kicked and it wasn't their head.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826388574[/snapback]As we approach one of,if not the most important night in high school basketball around the state(Semi-Finals of the Region) let's pick the eight teams that will make it to The Boro on March 14th......It will be fun to look back on this after the tournament to see how we all did.....

If I have my brackets straight,here is how I believe it will turn out.....

10:30am...3/14/07

Lake County vs Pickett County

12:15pm....3/14/07

Grace Christian vs Culleoka

2:00pm...3/14/17

Union City vs University School

5:15pm....3/14/07

Temple vs Nashville Christian

Then For The Semi-Finals.....

10:30am....3/16/07

Lake County vs Culleoka

12:15pm....3/16/07

Union City vs Temple

And For The Finals.....

3:00pm....3/17/07

Lake County Falcons vs Union City Golden Tornadoes....Round V

And When The Smoke Clears..Your Boys 2006-2007 State Champions will be.........

The Golden Tornadoes Of Union City!!!!!!!

Has the smoke cleared yet? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />