Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

QUOTE(utvols1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826393249[/snapback]What a great game! This game had a championship kind of atmosphere and the kids on both sides played well! Wiggins stepped up for GHS and played a great ballgame, but didnt get the offensive support he needed from the other guys on the team and couldnt get some free throws to fall throughout the night while DB played solid team basketball to win this one. I dont think either side can say anything about the officials, it was a very well called game as was the TH and SHHS game. Congrats to GHS on a great season and to DB on a great win. Good look next year to the devils and thursday night to DB...it should be another great game!

Did you actually see the game? I agree with everything you said except for the officiating. I'n not saying it helped Greeneville or DB, but it was very poor. Please explain the blocking/charging on the same play? Doesn't it have to be one or the other?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826393299[/snapback]As far as the recruiting comment that is sad. I don't believe that anyone from DB wants to start that. Everyone knows that with all the rezoning and all the kids that have passed through the ranks at DB there has been some recruiting. We could sit here all day and say who should have been playing at North and South instead of DB.

North and South are in Kingsport as is DB....Wiggins came from North Carolina....big difference. From what I remember in geography, Greeneville is in Tennessee not NC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Like I said, name me the big time players from North and South that DB has recruited! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826393225[/snapback]Oh, so you're not a Tommy Bowden fan either

Nor the Bowden family. The movie "We Are Marshall" makes him look like a saint, which the modern Bobby as we all know aint!! Tommy hired Jeff when Daddy let him go. Tommy also hired his brother n law (Hines). Jeff's next stop will be with Terry. A bunch of incest down in SC ...

QUOTE(utvols1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826393249[/snapback]What a great game! This game had a championship kind of atmosphere and the kids on both sides played well! Wiggins stepped up for GHS and played a great ballgame, but didnt get the offensive support he needed from the other guys on the team and couldnt get some free throws to fall throughout the night while DB played solid team basketball to win this one. I dont think either side can say anything about the officials, it was a very well called game as was the TH and SHHS game. Congrats to GHS on a great season and to DB on a great win. Good look next year to the devils and thursday night to DB...it should be another great game!

I agree, good atmosphere, but I thought THS vs SH crowd was weak for the first game. If it had not been for DB fans showing up early, it would not have 1/3 full. To have 4 equally good teams with any team a chance to win I thought the turn out would have been better. Did anyone else see fans leave with about 4 minutes to go??? It was just before 9:00 and I figure they must have been trying to catch the UT game. One of the best games this season and they left.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826393536[/snapback]North and South are in Kingsport as is DB....Wiggins came from North Carolina....big difference. From what I remember in geography, Greeneville is in Tennessee not NC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Like I said, name me the big time players from North and South that DB has recruited! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Look we give up...busted... Greeneville is the KING of recruiting...guilty...hide your tall children we are coming for them. Maybe we will offer you a room at the Andrew Johnson Motor Lodge and lunch at the Bean Barn. Maybe Billy D will wash your car. Heck why stop at North Carolina when Southwest Virginia is just as close? Maybe we can import a few from West Virginia as well. Why not pull out all the stops, borrow one of Niswongers jets and fly a couple in from Kentucky?

If we get busy now we can have another 2 or 3 D-I prospects before school starts next year.

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826393546[/snapback]Nor the Bowden family. The movie "We Are Marshall" makes him look like a saint, which the modern Bobby as we all know aint!! Tommy hired Jeff when Daddy let him go. Tommy also hired his brother n law (Hines). Jeff's next stop will be with Terry. A bunch of incest down in SC ...

I think I'm in LOVE /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Can't put Terry on the sideline in Orange,he would look too much like the Gatorade cooler /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826393574[/snapback]If we get busy now we can have another 2 or 3 D-I prospects before school starts next year.

no need...because coach D has enough excuses where he doesn't need any good players.

He can always use this one: "We have only 880 kids and can't afford a bench like that." Even though we have hands down the best player in these parts and the other team only used 6 guys as well;)

Or: "It was so hot in here - Wiggins got tired." Yeah, and it was just as hot for everybody else coach...it's called conditioning

Or: "He didn't step out of bounds. He was knocked out. It should have been a three-point play." No...if he was out of bounds it was either step out or foul, go to the line and shoot 2. Surely he didn't have a beef about only getting 16 freebies for his #1 guy.

Oh and don't forget this one: "I only have six that play. The rest of the young kids have not played a minute.” yeah...sure. Besides DB only played 6 guys from that 2000 man bench

What a guy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Weigh that against the TN High coach:

“I am just overly excited about what these young men were able to accomplish. It brings back to you as a coach the things that we get into this profession for.

“The kids work together for a common goal. Teaching them things about pressure situations, how to handle adversity, working through sickness, working through tough times practicing when they don’t want to practice – all the things you are going to have to do the rest of your life.

“I said to Paul Overbay on the radio, ‘look these guys up in 15 years and they’ll be very successful in their families and their careers.'”

Take some notes there coach D

Great game last night, Wiggins you carried the load all season but when we needed support not much came your way. Wes Woods (5) is usually a reliable shooter and last night he had 1 point. Tremaine Gash (2) has carried a big part of the load and last night he had 6 points. We also had a starter out last night who is our best defender and our biggest hustler on the court. Anderson who is usually in foul trouble by halftime did a good job of not trying to swat every shot and played big last night for Greeneville. That being said, great job by Dobyns Bennett last night to pull it out. I felt that although Coty S did not score but 1 point he was beating his man and forcing wiggins to come out allowing the dish down low. Thrope did a good job taking care of the ball and played good defense. Good luck to DB. I will root for the NET teams as far as they can go.

Maroon & Grey................seems to reason that if you have forty kids tryout for a team that you are gonna have a better 13 players than if 13 kids try out for a team. Does that make any sense to you or are you really that thick headed????????????

In my opinion if these two teams were to play 10 times it might be 5 to 5 because they put on a good show last night and it came down to the last possession and DB did a great job of hitting a shot when they did so Greeneville had no time left to do anything. That is what high school basketball is all about.

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826393621[/snapback]Maroon & Grey................seems to reason that if you have forty kids tryout for a team that you are gonna have a better 13 players than if 13 kids try out for a team. Does that make any sense to you or are you really that thick headed????????????

Not sure where you're getting you're information but DB I dare say DB did not have 40 kids tryout and Coach Morgan has said many times this season this was the smallest # of kids that have come out for him so you can stop with the 2000 man bench. Like I said you guys have the best player in the area..far and away and that should be able to carry you in this area. But yeah I am pretty thick headed though /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826393621[/snapback]In my opinion if these two teams were to play 10 times it might be 5 to 5 because they put on a good show last night and it came down to the last possession and DB did a great job of hitting a shot when they did so Greeneville had no time left to do anything. That is what high school basketball is all about.

I agree with you on that...great game. Like I said Wiggins was everything he was advertised as and more. He should be a great college player...good luck to him.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:08 PM) 826393592[/snapback]no need...because coach D has enough excuses where he doesn't need any good players.

He can always use this one: "We have only 880 kids and can't afford a bench like that." Even though we have hands down the best player in these parts and the other team only used 6 guys as well;)

Or: "It was so hot in here - Wiggins got tired." Yeah, and it was just as hot for everybody else coach...it's called conditioning

Or: "He didn't step out of bounds. He was knocked out. It should have been a three-point play." No...if he was out of bounds it was either step out or foul, go to the line and shoot 2. Surely he didn't have a beef about only getting 16 freebies for his #1 guy.

Oh and don't forget this one: "I only have six that play. The rest of the young kids have not played a minute.??? yeah...sure. Besides DB only played 6 guys from that 2000 man bench

What a guy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Weigh that against the TN High coach:

???I am just overly excited about what these young men were able to accomplish. It brings back to you as a coach the things that we get into this profession for.

???The kids work together for a common goal. Teaching them things about pressure situations, how to handle adversity, working through sickness, working through tough times practicing when they don??™t want to practice ??“ all the things you are going to have to do the rest of your life.

???I said to Paul Overbay on the radio, ??

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826393699[/snapback]I would weigh Billy D against any coach in ET...He's gotta top out at 295-300 lbs.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> gotta agree there

by the way...has Wiggins commited anywhere?

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:53 PM) 826393704[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> gotta agree there

by the way...has Wiggins commited anywhere?

We're still waiting.