Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

Uh, Barb, I need to get to gloatin' about the Indians, but come on now. 90,000 fans, touching the Rock, opponents like Florida State and Miami, and NFL athletes running around. Compared to.....Black Saturday and 20,000 people? Western Carolina? Elon? I really respect Appalachian State, but it's not the big show. Don't look for the College Gameday tent there anytime soon.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826392285[/snapback]Your just a DI-A snob...Appy has a great program with a great tradition with a great coach(Jerry Moore is the man) ...and back to back national championships. With their great young QB, they are favorites for a 3-peat.

Clemson had their only national championship in 1981...as long as Tommy Bowden is coaching, they're not likely to have another (no I don't particularly care for the man) Its a great school and Coty will do well, but to say he is lucky not to have to settle for Appalachian State? C'mon Stonewall you know thats wrong.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(norton_65 @ Feb 27 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826391962[/snapback]I think GHS is going to win 198 - 32. The only reason they'll get 32 is we're going to play our freshmen tonight.

Norton u have now hit the top of the ladderof idiots. Good prediction on the game, looks like 5 beats 1 again in the great game of basketball.

Great job DB look forward to seeing u guys play, if Maryville somehow gets to matchup with u guys.

I've said it before, but man I love saying it again. Greeneville experienced tonight what about 10 generations of fans have gone through. Another big game and D-B finds a way. What a great win!! We may not win another game but I'm really proud of these guys. As I told Cap last week when he was woofing about the District Title (anyone remember that now?), you measure High School basketball success by who is playing the longest. Am I correct that Charlie Morgan has now taken D-B to the Region Final 4 times out of the last 5 years?

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826392442[/snapback]I believe that was the great Paul Overbay! As I mentioned after the Arby's Classic, this guy is absolutely THE WORST. I'm glad I was at the game and didn't have to hear him. I did hear him for about 5 minutes as the broadcast ended. He was giving stats and talking about Chick-Fil-A handspun milkshakes.....same thing he was talking about when I turned him off at the Arby's Classic.

I'd agree, Bobby Rader does a great job.

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826392681[/snapback]Hmmmm, D-B wins and we hear..................crickets!

Bye bye Greeneville!

BTW.......Bobby Rader is a bore. zzzzzzzzz. A couple of years at doing

Carson Newman doesn't make one a quality announcer.

Very few good announcers in IMAC (Morristown East, Cherokee - that's it)

A good announcer can really make a game on the radio. Since I wanted to attend the game tonight I obviously didn't hear the radio broadcast. However, no matter how bad Rader may/may not be, he can't possibly sink below Overbay. It's like he's auditioning for Hee Haw or something.

QUOTE(IMACfan @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:15 AM) 826392699[/snapback]Bye bye Greeneville!

BTW.......Bobby Rader is a bore. zzzzzzzzz. A couple of years at doing

Carson Newman doesn't make one a quality announcer.

Very few good announcers in IMAC (Morristown East, Cherokee - that's it)

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826392707[/snapback]A good announcer can really make a game on the radio. Since I wanted to attend the game tonight I obviously didn't hear the radio broadcast. However, no matter how bad Rader may/may not be, he can't possibly sink below Overbay. It's like he's auditioning for Hee Haw or something.

FUNNY LINE

Good game by both schools. I sure wish it was the game being played on Thursday night instead of last night. Wiggins did dominate, but it was not enough to carry his team to a victory. Greeneville needed Woods and Gash to step up but they were unable to hit some big shots. What was the deal with the foul situation? I have not heard the truth, but I know that Epply was charged with 5 fouls and only had 4.

Both teams played hard and wanted to win. Good luck to Dobyns Bennett the rest of the tournament. Good luck to all the seniors at Greeneville. Wiggins will go and represent East Tennessee very well at the collegiate level.

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826392765[/snapback]What was the deal with the foul situation? I have not heard the truth, but I know that Epply was charged with 5 fouls and only had 4.

I saw Duncan arguing the kid didn't have 5 but surely someone should have that officially scored and know for sure...but after the refs called a charge and a block on the same play I realized they couldn't handle the situation. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />