Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

I am going to take Greeneville over D.B.

I know that Greeneville got it handed to them at the Hill. However if you base how good a team is off of one game then you would not have a good view of the team that lost. Greeneville has played similar teams that D.B. and S.Hill has played. Greeneville has beeten those teams. Greeneville just beat a very fiesty Vollunteer team that almost beat both S.Hill and D.B. Actually Greeneville beat them by double digits. S. Hill and D.B. combined didn't beat them by double digits. So if you look at that then Greeneville should kill both S. Hill and D.B. But we won't make that assumption. Greeneville will come and play hard. D.B. will also be there and play hard. I looke for D.B. to try and stop Wiggins with different matchups, but I see Wiggins overcoming those and leading the Devils to a victory. Sensabaugh won't be enough to over come gash and wiggins. This will be a close game, but in the end the coaching will lead the Devils to a victory.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826391521[/snapback]Me too...

Good luck to you all tonight against a pumped up greeneville team... but you dont really need to worry. All they have is wIggins!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826391513[/snapback]I am going to take Greeneville over D.B.

I know that Greeneville got it handed to them at the Hill. However if you base how good a team is off of one game then you would not have a good view of the team that lost. Greeneville has played similar teams that D.B. and S.Hill has played. Greeneville has beeten those teams. Greeneville just beat a very fiesty Vollunteer team that almost beat both S.Hill and D.B. Actually Greeneville beat them by double digits. S. Hill and D.B. combined didn't beat them by double digits. So if you look at that then Greeneville should kill both S. Hill and D.B. But we won't make that assumption. Greeneville will come and play hard. D.B. will also be there and play hard. I looke for D.B. to try and stop Wiggins with different matchups, but I see Wiggins overcoming those and leading the Devils to a victory. Sensabaugh won't be enough to over come gash and wiggins. This will be a close game, but in the end the coaching will lead the Devils to a victory.

ok...so DB destroyed MoEast by 40 (and it wasn't that close), a team that Greeneville only beat by 17 just 10 days ago...and Science Hill blew the doors off and DB beat SH twice (pretty decisively at there place)...so what does that matter in this game...nada. I wouldn't take much out of such things it's all about the 10 men between the white lines. If DB's shots are falling it will be a contest...if not it could be a long night

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826391529[/snapback]Good luck to you all tonight against a pumped up greeneville team... but you dont really need to worry. All they have is wIggins!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Since DB hasn't played Greeneville this season, you all just keep thinking that /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826391564[/snapback]Since DB hasn't played Greeneville this season, you all just keep thinking that /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Barb

that you all is a TN High fan... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826391564[/snapback]Since DB hasn't played Greeneville this season, you all just keep thinking that /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We will... thank you Barb for that tip /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826391486[/snapback]I'm confused about the what that statement has to do with beating Greeneville....also you do realize the best football player is going to Clemson.

You have pulled one sentence out of a paragraph and Yes, you are confused if you cant understand that unlike years ago todays demographics of DB's enrollment does not lend itself to having many good athletes. For that matter, I said "one of the best players", not the best. FYI- CS was not on Clemson's rader until they didnt get a couple of defensive backs to sign. CS was headed for Appy. He got lucky and I hope he does well down there. Settle down, you have over 8 hours to tip off.

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826391680[/snapback]You have pulled one sentence out of a paragraph and Yes, you are confused if you cant understand that unlike years ago todays demographics of DB's enrollment does not lend itself to having many good athletes. For that matter, I said "one of the best players", not the best. FYI- CS was not on Clemson's rader until they didnt get a couple of defensive backs to sign. CS was headed for Appy. He got lucky and I hope he does well down there. Settle down, you have over 8 hours to tip off.

Because a kid goes to Yale they can't beat Greeneville? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826391680[/snapback]FYI- CS was not on Clemson's rader until they didnt get a couple of defensive backs to sign. CS was headed for Appy. He got lucky

Lucky? I guess Clemson just wanted to throw away a scholarship to a kid from Kingsport because they couldn't find anything else to do with it....and if so...so what? Isn't that why any kid gets a scholarship is because there is a need for a player at a position? By the way...I have yet to figure out if your a DB fan or not or are you just a watchdog to keep the DB people in order?

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826391405[/snapback]I think its more that you can't see the basket for them 6'7"+ trees that they raise in Memphis. Getting a look at the basket and rebounding are near impossible with kids that are just over 6 foot vs them. Wiggins size kids are the norm out there. Van Huss himself had the same problem .

addendum - look like the previous poster and I have similar thoughts .

I don't think Van Huss ever had much of a problem with that. During his time at DB the Indians made more trips to the State Tournment than any school in the state. Playing in the sub state was just something that DB did on their way to State. And DB was always competitve in the tourney. Even though Van Huss never won one at DB, many times his DB team was the talk of the tournment, and went to the finals and simi-finals several times. Also George Pitts made a bunch of State Tournment trips and won several while at Science Hill and with a small line up. George Pitts was the last good coach that we've had in this area. I will not stop saying it....Its all about coaching!

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 27 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826391838[/snapback]I don't think Van Huss ever had much of a problem with that. During his time at DB the Indians made more trips to the State Tournment than any school in the state. Playing in the sub state was just something that DB did on their way to State. And DB was always competitve in the tourney. Even though Van Huss never won one at DB, many times his DB team was the talk of the tournment, and went to the finals and simi-finals several times. Also George Pitts made a bunch of State Tournment trips and won several while at Science Hill and with a small line up. George Pitts was the last good coach that we've had in this area. I will not stop saying it....Its all about coaching!

Many of Buck's best teams consisted of mostly one sport athletes. He typically had better than average height to go with great guards or boys that could jump out of the dome. If his team was in the state they could never be counted out.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826391735[/snapback]Because a kid goes to Yale they can't beat Greeneville? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Lucky? I guess Clemson just wanted to throw away a scholarship to a kid from Kingsport because they couldn't find anything else to do with it....and if so...so what? Isn't that why any kid gets a scholarship is because there is a need for a player at a position? By the way...I have yet to figure out if your a DB fan or not or are you just a watchdog to keep the DB people in order?

Yes, lucky for him they needed a defensive back. Never said anything about Bowden throwing away a scholarship. Nor any disrespect to CS. Just a fact that he was lucky. Even his own coaches said that privately. When President Barker (DB Grad) stiffened the academics several athletes had to go elsewhere including a 4 star that got in to UNC ( go figure?) This was also reported on several sports shows. For Clemson to find him at the midnight hour, he was lucky to be in ACC and not the Southern Conf. If tonights game goes in to overtime maybe DB can play them in chess.