Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826390250[/snapback]BTW, why is this being played at South? What is the capacity? Isn't it about the same capacity as SH's gym? Not very large.

I intend to be there before the 1st game just in case. Who gives a flip about Tennessee

Sullivan South gym will hold more people than the Science Hill gym. Also they don't turn the heat up in the south gym. The teams benches are on the same side and you don't have to worry about people walking in front of your team the whole game.

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:02 PM) 826390142[/snapback]Can someone get this man a coaching job?

I never said I could coach. But I do know a good coach from a bad one. Charlie Morgan is in the middle. A average coach at best. There are no above average coaches in upper east tn right now. If you can name one, also prove it.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826390405[/snapback]I never said I could coach. But I do know a good coach from a bad one. Charlie Morgan is in the middle. A average coach at best. There are no above average coaches in upper east tn right now. If you can name one, also prove it.

I want you to prove that Morgan isn't an above average coach. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have the talent to win a state title. Maybe the team he has is just good enough to win the Big 9. Ever think of that? Call Capt. Morgan up and tell him what he needs to do to become an "above average coach" Waco. I'm sure he'll listen to you.

Morgan is a great coach...none of the teams that he has taken to Murfreesboro had the talent to be there. He is a great H.S. coach and an incredible motivator. I would suggest to you that the D-B turn around after Christmas was not ALL due to the return of Cody. It is all about peaking at the right time. Nobody really cares what you do in December. Morgan gets more out his kids at crunch time than any coach I have seen. Ask Central last year. Thaey had their way with an out-manned D-B squad til the chips were on the line...Cougs went packing! Gave Grteeneville a run at thear place for a half. They just had too much talent last year. Tribe will show up Tues night and play a lil bit. I would not expect that this team will keep anything in the tank. I am not guaranteeing a win by any stretch...but I'll bet you that the tribe plays hard.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 05:28 PM) 826390405[/snapback]I never said I could coach. But I do know a good coach from a bad one. Charlie Morgan is in the middle. A average coach at best. There are no above average coaches in upper east tn right now. If you can name one, also prove it.

No above average coaching in upper east tn? What about the great coaching at Science Hill? The toppers are not a team based on pure talent, how about Tennessee High as well they have been in their top 50 for the past 4 years. University High as well has a great coach with Tony Gordon placing in their top 50 two out of the past 3 years, and what about Unaka's success in the past couple of years with their back to back state appearances, even though they are in a slump this year. Let's also remember George Pitts did it for Science Hill years ago so upper east tn has seen what above average coaching is like (not saying we don't have coaches like that now).

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826390405[/snapback]I never said I could coach. But I do know a good coach from a bad one. Charlie Morgan is in the middle. A average coach at best. There are no above average coaches in upper east tn right now. If you can name one, also prove it.

Man! You really know how to step in it.

Now I am in no way saying that I think this will happen so no Greenville fans jumping my case now, but if DB were to throttle Greenville and beat them by 25+ points, would you back off on the Morgan criticism? I don't think you would. Your axe is just too big.

Thats all pretty funny. If you notice I said in my post "there are no good coaches in upper east tn. right now" And the best someone can do is name George Pitts? How long has he been gone from east tn.? And the people at Science Hill are as down on their coach as I am Morgan. And Tennessee High....give me a break! Nobody cares what you do in December? Whats this top 50 stuff? And you think a win over Central makes you a great coach? Hey! A win over anybody in upper east tn. is nothing to brag about. Not because we don't have good players but because the coaching in stuck in the 50's. No school in this area will compete in the state tournment until the coaches deside to play a up-tempo style game. The Memphis area figured that out years ago. Don't tell me we don't have the athletics to do it here. George Pitts has already proved you wrong.

Another thing about Morgan. This little lay off thing that everybody says is the reason DB played so poorly in the District. Lots of people were concerned it would hurt DB's play before the tourny even started. Is he not smart enough to arrange a couple games for his team during this layoff? Get a bunch of x- players together and stage a game or two during the layoff just to keep his players sharp? That seems like a no-brainer to me. Maybe theres some kind of rule against that. I bet if there is someone will let me know about it.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826390604[/snapback]Man! You really know how to step in it.

Now I am in no way saying that I think this will happen so no Greenville fans jumping my case now, but if DB were to throttle Greenville and beat them by 25+ points, would you back off on the Morgan criticism? I don't think you would. Your axe is just too big.

Yes, If Morgan beats Greenville by 25+ I will back off. I will shine his shoes for 1 month. Heck, I will even shine VolmanScott's shoes, maybe even take his blue dress to the cleaners.