Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

Can Greeneville win the region tourney? Sure but I think it will take two more really good games on their part.

Can Greeneville go to the state tourney? Sure but that would take another good game on their part.

Would Greeneville be 30-2 if they played in the Big 9? No personally I don't think so but they don't.

Did Science Hill wear Greeneville out? Yes they did badly, however that was one game and that does not mean that it would happen the next time they might meet.

I made the statement last year after the region that Science Hill and DB would be the teams to beat for the next few years because of the youth on their teams. Greeneville has really suprised a lot of people this season and have played some really good basketball. I look forward to the game tonight if both teams play well it should be a heck of a battle.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826390709[/snapback]Another thing about Morgan. This little lay off thing that everybody says is the reason DB played so poorly in the District. Lots of people were concerned it would hurt DB's play before the tourny even started. Is he not smart enough to arrange a couple games for his team during this layoff? Get a bunch of x- players together and stage a game or two during the layoff just to keep his players sharp? That seems like a no-brainer to me. Maybe theres some kind of rule against that. I bet if there is someone will let me know about it.

You do have to wonder about the schedule this past year. They once played 3 games in 4 days and several times 4 games in a week. These were scheduled games, not tournaments or weather make ups. Then they complained about being tired or not focused. This area has been lucky for several years and not had to play a lot of make up games because of snow. Not betting with you, but all sports are limited on who they can play/practice once the season starts. Having said that, they find a way circumvent the rules. They all do.

QUOTE(KptVol @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826390477[/snapback]Morgan is a great coach...none of the teams that he has taken to Murfreesboro had the talent to be there. He is a great H.S. coach and an incredible motivator. I would suggest to you that the D-B turn around after Christmas was not ALL due to the return of Cody. It is all about peaking at the right time. Nobody really cares what you do in December. Morgan gets more out his kids at crunch time than any coach I have seen. Ask Central last year. Thaey had their way with an out-manned D-B squad til the chips were on the line...Cougs went packing! Gave Grteeneville a run at thear place for a half. They just had too much talent last year. Tribe will show up Tues night and play a lil bit. I would not expect that this team will keep anything in the tank. I am not guaranteeing a win by any stretch...but I'll bet you that the tribe plays hard.

They had some talent, just not all-star talent to play with White Station. An all star team from NE Tn could not have won against that team.

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826390881[/snapback]Waco, if you can persuade Phil Jackson to come coach DB, I'm sure they would hire him. Morgan won State Championships, let that sit in your mind before you criticize him. Have you won a State Championship recently or in your playing days?

Phil Jackson can't do it nor can Tony Dungey or Joe Torre. DB has not had a complete roster of athletes. They will have some good athletes but not a complete team. This years baseball team may be closest, but they still need another Trent in the line up. Too many BMWs in the parking lot and not enough hard workers. Look at the make up of the community. Not many people over 6'2". We have some (no, a lot of) 300lbs + but it is from too many fast foods. DB has a band of 400+, one of the best football players is going to Yale, and the largest employer is full of engineers. This is not exactly Memphis. If DB is ever going to win a State in a major sport, the athletes will have to focus on that one sport all year. The last State Championships have come in sports where the athletes pretty much did that one sport, tennis, cross country to name a few. The moon and the stars have to line up to be state champs and they just may have on the baseball diamond. (Note: Ritz is not waiting for some key players to join the team from a winter sport)

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826391336[/snapback]Due to bad coaching, we're all still just playing for the right to be slaughered in the State Tournment.

I think its more that you can't see the basket for them 6'7"+ trees that they raise in Memphis. Getting a look at the basket and rebounding are near impossible with kids that are just over 6 foot vs them. Wiggins size kids are the norm out there. Van Huss himself had the same problem .

addendum - look like the previous poster and I have similar thoughts .

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826391383[/snapback]Phil Jackson can't do it nor can Tony Dungey or Joe Torre. DB has not had a complete roster of athletes. They will have some good athletes but not a complete team. This years baseball team may be closest, but they still need another Trent in the line up. Too many BMWs in the parking lot and not enough hard workers. Look at the make up of the community. Not many people over 6'2". We have some (no, a lot of) 300lbs + but it is from too many fast foods. DB has a band of 400+, one of the best football players is going to Yale, and the largest employer is full of engineers. This is not exactly Memphis. If DB is ever going to win a State in a major sport, the athletes will have to focus on that one sport all year. The last State Championships have come in sports where the athletes pretty much did that one sport, tennis, cross country to name a few. The moon and the stars have to line up to be state champs and they just may have on the baseball diamond. (Note: Ritz is not waiting for some key players to join the team from a winter sport)

Great point Dog. Part of the success that Greeneville has had for the past few years has been because the core of Duncan's teams were 1-sport athletes.

QUOTE(ScoutOne4U @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826390970[/snapback]No one will touch Greeneville this year. They win state this time.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> now that's funny

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826391383[/snapback]DB has a band of 400+, one of the best football players is going to Yale, and the largest employer is full of engineers. This is not exactly Memphis.

I'm confused about the what that statement has to do with beating Greeneville....also you do realize the best football player is going to Clemson.