Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826391958[/snapback]Many of Buck's best teams consisted of mostly one sport athletes. He typically had better than average height to go with great guards or boys that could jump out of the dome. If his team was in the state they could never be counted out.

Yeah right..... Especially the team that Buck had at Hampton. The team that actually won a state championship. They were huge and could really jump out of the gym. Buck was a great coach, no mater what talent he ended up with. By the way, doesn't DB have a 6'7", a 6'6" player, a 6'1" player that can jump and a couple of great guards on this years Charlir Morgan team? I guess this team will do very well in this years state tournment with players like that.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Anthony17 @ Feb 27 2007 - 06:25 AM) 826391276[/snapback]Two good reasons. First, the forum topic is Greeneville VS DB. Second, Tennessee High is 1-2 vs SH and 2-1 against DB. (You need to get your facts straight). They also lost to several other teams, so they are not rated as high based on their record.

What a clown!!! You obviously go to Central. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826391680[/snapback]You have pulled one sentence out of a paragraph and Yes, you are confused if you cant understand that unlike years ago todays demographics of DB's enrollment does not lend itself to having many good athletes. For that matter, I said "one of the best players", not the best. FYI- CS was not on Clemson's rader until they didnt get a couple of defensive backs to sign. CS was headed for Appy. He got lucky and I hope he does well down there. Settle down, you have over 8 hours to tip off.

So playing for the 2-time national champions at Appy is not as good as playing at Clemson?

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:08 PM) 826392220[/snapback]Right on Barb! You obviously know your football. Playing at Appy is in NO WAY as good as playing at Clemson....very astute on your part.

Your just a DI-A snob...Appy has a great program with a great tradition with a great coach(Jerry Moore is the man) ...and back to back national championships. With their great young QB, they are favorites for a 3-peat.

Clemson had their only national championship in 1981...as long as Tommy Bowden is coaching, they're not likely to have another (no I don't particularly care for the man) Its a great school and Coty will do well, but to say he is lucky not to have to settle for Appalachian State? C'mon Stonewall you know thats wrong.

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:10 PM) 826392296[/snapback]listening to this game on WXSM in The TriCities, should give anyone and everyone an appreciation of the job folks like Bobby Rader does.

Someone should tell this announcer its Ant-juan, not Ant-wayne...

I believe that was the great Paul Overbay! As I mentioned after the Arby's Classic, this guy is absolutely THE WORST. I'm glad I was at the game and didn't have to hear him. I did hear him for about 5 minutes as the broadcast ended. He was giving stats and talking about Chick-Fil-A handspun milkshakes.....same thing he was talking about when I turned him off at the Arby's Classic.

I'd agree, Bobby Rader does a great job.

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826392442[/snapback]He was giving stats and talking about Chick-Fil-A handspun milkshakes.....same thing he was talking about when I turned him off at the Arby's Classic.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> yeah pretty bad