Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826393220[/snapback]That comment should never come from a DB fan. Wasn't that the recipe for success for many years with Dobyns-Bennett and their Eastman connection? That's always been something I've heard. Perhaps some "old-timers" can shed some light on this subject?

name some names...tell me all the D1 players that have been recruited? Obviously they need to do a better job of it then since I can't name any....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great game! This game had a championship kind of atmosphere and the kids on both sides played well! Wiggins stepped up for GHS and played a great ballgame, but didnt get the offensive support he needed from the other guys on the team and couldnt get some free throws to fall throughout the night while DB played solid team basketball to win this one. I dont think either side can say anything about the officials, it was a very well called game as was the TH and SHHS game. Congrats to GHS on a great season and to DB on a great win. Good look next year to the devils and thursday night to DB...it should be another great game!

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826393241[/snapback]name some names...tell me all the D1 players that have been recruited? Obviously they need to do a better job of it then since I can't name any....

Maroon, I hate to say it, but that post sounds like it came from Waco. name some names, prove i'm not 100% correct, tell me who we've recruited, na na na goo goo stick your face in poo poo. By the way Waco, you never did tell me I was 100% correct for saying Morgan would do it. OMG! Now I'm sounding like him! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826393241[/snapback]name some names...tell me all the D1 players that have been recruited? Obviously they need to do a better job of it then since I can't name any....

So are you sayin DB never recruited players or they stink at it /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826393253[/snapback]Maroon, I hate to say it, but that post sounds like it came from Waco. name some names, prove i'm not 100% correct, tell me who we've recruited, na na na goo goo stick your face in poo poo. By the way Waco, you never did tell me I was 100% correct for saying Morgan would do it. OMG! Now I'm sounding like him! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

you know what Monica I could care less what you think on here....why are you on here anyway? didn't your team get put out like game 3 of the season? I guess nothing to do there until leave burning season starts huh? na na na goo goo? how old are you anyway?

“But Charlie did a good job, they deserve to win and I wish them the best of luck down the road. Our school has only 880 students in it and we can’t afford a bench like Dobyns-Bennett has with 2000 students.”

What bench is he talking about? Those were south benches he sat on....not DB....oh he was talking about ALL the bench players DB played last night....all 1 of him! By the way DB only has 1700 kids. Please, I would be totally embarrassed if our coach made such a left handed compliment like that...but I don't have to worry because Charlie isn't like that

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826393233[/snapback]"we had to play a guy on Sensabaugh that couldn't guard me"......wow! That might be one of the most classless things that I've ever heard in a post-game interview. Imagine being that kid, or that kids parents. Coty had ONE point and I'm sure that heart broken kid at least took a little solace in how he played Coty.....until he read the paper in class this A.M. That's awful and that Coach should be on the carpet this morning for it!

I have to agree with you. All you do when you make a statement like that is demoralize your player. I believe that the defender did a pretty good job on Coty. He was quicker than the defender, but the defender played his heart out. If Duncan would have used some of his bench more in the season then that might not have been a problem. You have to just take the defeat and come back next year ready to get better.

As far as the recruiting comment that is sad. I don't believe that anyone from DB wants to start that. Everyone knows that with all the rezoning and all the kids that have passed through the ranks at DB there has been some recruiting. We could sit here all day and say who should have been playing at North and South instead of DB.

Greeneville played well, but DB just had one more opportunity to win the ball game. The kid that hit the shot and sylvester had carried them the whole game. They stepped up when one was not on. Good luck with Science Hill.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826393288[/snapback]“But Charlie did a good job, they deserve to win and I wish them the best of luck down the road. Our school has only 880 students in it and we can’t afford a bench like Dobyns-Bennett has with 2000 students.”

What bench is he talking about? Those were south benches he sat on....not DB....oh he was talking about ALL the bench players DB played last night....all 1 of him! By the way DB only has 1700 kids. Please, I would be totally embarrassed if our coach made such a left handed compliment like that...but I don't have to worry because Charlie isn't like that

Why so hostile,my little burgundy friend.Maybe you should take off a few minutes and go find your happy place.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826393161[/snapback]Ok, so add that up DB has 1000 more kids than greeneville, just a little larger selection to find "SIX" players that are better than the SEVEN that Greeneville played. It was a great game and why can everybody not just say that instead of bashing Duncan because of his opinion, by the way you win over 700 games and you can question whoever you want whenever you want until you go to five state tournaments and win 700 games maybe you should shut your mouth. DB played a great game and the kid that hit the game-winner was hitting that shot all night, therefore HOW does he get THAT WIDE OPEN? And you people wanna talk about conditioning Greeneville played a trapping D almost the entire night while DB sat back in a zone for much of the game. Its a little easier on your condition when you play a zone rather than trapping. Greeneville played their hearts out and free throws were the difference in the game, If greeneville hits their free throws they win the game, bottom line regardless of how many free throws DB shot.

Orange,

I don't know what game you were watching, but Dobyns-Bennett played a man-to-man the majority of the game...Coach Morgan is a man-to-man guy who has thrown in a little zone in maybe 5 or 6 games this year and last night was one...reference the various posts that talk about a 6'7" player being guarded by a 5'10" player and why he (the taller player) didn't post up more often...anyway...

Congratulations to Greeneville for an outstanding season...good luck to the seniors and good luck next year to the returning players.

Roll Tribe Roll

First, Greeneville has had a great year. They have the best player in East Tennessee and will be a good college player. I must say that I am amused after all the smack Greeneville fans have been talking this season about how they were going to win the state tournament and then get on here and make excuses as to why they got beat. They played a great game and deserved to win. Unfortunatley, DB played a great game and not only deserved to win, they did win. It's fun to talk the smack- that's what Coacht is about, but don't make excuses when you have talked the talk. Just swallow the humble pill of defeat.

QUOTE(where @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826393444[/snapback]First, Greeneville has had a great year. They have the best player in East Tennessee and will be a good college player. I must say that I am amused after all the smack Greeneville fans have been talking this season about how they were going to win the state tournament and then get on here and make excuses as to why they got beat. They played a great game and deserved to win. Unfortunatley, DB played a great game and not only deserved to win, they did win. It's fun to talk the smack- that's what Coacht is about, but don't make excuses when you have talked the talk. Just swallow the humble pill of defeat.

After a carefull smack inventory, Greeneville really isn't all that guilty... and actually, there aren't as many excuses from our fans on here as I had expected. I think if it had been a blowout, we might have been more defensive. But its no use arguing over a close game that could have gone either way. We can say "if only" and "what if" but the bottom line is DB was 2 pts better when it counted. Now...go take it to the Toppers...big time /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826393207[/snapback]I would say you are correct because it kept AW from scoring from the field all the time and he was a tired kid there in the 2nd half and it showed as his shots/free throws were off the mark.

After his air ball I dont think he ever shot from outside again. Mostly driving and trying to throw up something while DB players were fouling. Several times (4, maybe more) AW missed his first free throw and made the second. That too played big in the fact the devils didnt get a chance to rebound.