Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel confident about this game, but only if Oakland can play a solid 4 quarters and keep the turnovers to a minimum. Shelbyville will probably go with the triangle n 2 to try to slow down chase and jay, but i still think they will get their fair share. However, I think Oakland should try to commit themselves down low should Shelbyville go into the triangle. I feel the only way Shelbyville can win this game is if they can keep the score low, I dont think they could win in a shootout with Oakland, not saying they cant run with Oakland, just cant win a high scoring game against Oakland. ALways a fun game when KT and King get to match wits

This would be the region final if Oakland would have taken care of business. But cannnot change that now and this young SCHS team for them to go where no one said they had a chance to go was going to have win a region semifinal game and it might as well be against Oakland that they step up and show the Boro what they are capable of. This game will surpise the heck out of me if it is a double figures margin for either team as many have already predicted. SCHS has to limit second chance scoring for OAK and get back on defense to limit OAK transition and take advantage of its own transition oppurtunities. Got a feeling with Oakland sagging D that the Eagles will play well. Do that and SCHS has a chance.

Oakland should win this game when you look at matchups along with the potential this team has, but if the eagles get hot from outside and Andrews continues to shoot lights out the eagles could pull off the win. A couple of weeks ago the eagles came to rivedale and scorched the nets. So to say that they dont have a chance would be wrong but Oakland should win. Watch out for Shelbyville the next two to three seasons, they will prob be back at states atleast the next two years. Good luck eagles.

I don't think Oakland has been defended man to man like they will be Tuesday. I saw Shelbyville play Riverdale and had a friend at the Blackman region game and from everything I have heard and witnessed Shelbyville is going to defend Oakland like nobody has in 7AAA all year. I really think it will be a barn burner.