Sycamore vs. Liberty

BenStiller23

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826390372[/snapback]It will not matter if Sycamore makes it a half court game. Liberty has two 6'6 post players and they are much quicker than Sycamore's post players so they will have no edge there. Liberty runs a full court trap and as soon as Lohin touches the ball he will be double teamed. Liberty knows he is the main ball handler and they will make the other players beat the press. If Sycamore does get into a half court game, they will not be able to hold the ball up top. Liberty will run a half court trap and force you to speed the game up. Sycamore had trouble with McNairy's quickness and speed and it even made Lohin to play out of control at times. This was not just my opionion but also from some of the 11AA fans from other schools that were there. Liberty is twice as quick as McNairy and they will cause alot more problems especially Lil Sampson.

Agree I watched Ant play Cheatham last year at Lexington, and it was great, how would you compare JSS's speed to Bolivar's?? I looked at the scores to there three games and it looked like they were all good games. I dont know why anybody from 12aa is giving Harpeth a chance.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826390328[/snapback]this game will get UGLY eary. This game will be over by then end of the first half. Liberty Tech by at least 25.

I have to think that, while Liberty will be out to win, Sycamore will not be embarrassed by any means. Austin Lohin and his team mates may play the game of their lives. If not, Austin will still enjoy the competition, just as he did last year when he played against Bolivar. I only hope Froedden doesn't ruin it for them by getting so worked up he might say things he'll regret later. These boys deserve better.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826390355[/snapback]No BEN STILLER it isn't. I assume this is not yours either. Have you seen Union City play. They beat White House by 102-76 and it could have been worse. White House is on about the same level talent wise as Sycamore maybe even a little better. Liberty Tech is about the same as Union City just a little bigger in a couple of positions. Both UC and LT are very very deep. WH and Sycamore don't have the depth to compete. Freezing the ball will be impossible with LT's press. I look for the Sycamore boys to need oxygen by the second quarter that's when the rout will really begin.

Preston you silly silly boy. You cannot compare the outcome of a game to the outcome of a totally different game. White House and Union City have nothing to do with this, and we don't even know if White House or Sycamore are on the same level. Don't bring two totally different teams into this conversation.

Or I'll have to start calling you Papa Tiger haha /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(SYCAMORECOUNTY08 @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826390470[/snapback]Preston you silly silly boy. You cannot compare the outcome of a game to the outcome of a totally different game. White House and Union City have nothing to do with this, and we don't even know if White House or Sycamore are on the same level. Don't bring two totally different teams into this conversation.

Or I'll have to start calling you Papa Tiger haha /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Very true. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:54 PM) 826390487[/snapback]When I saw Sycamore at The Battle for the State Tournament,the only player that impressed me was Pierre Mitchell....

Sycamore will not be able to stay with Liberty,not for four quarters....They are too slow...Liberty has played too many top teams to be challenged much at all by Sycamore.....

Lohin, who is the best player on there team hands down was nursing an ankle injury during that tournament.

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826390582[/snapback]Lohin, who is the best player on there team hands down was nursing an ankle injury during that tournament.

I think Slater broke his ankle with a cross over. Mitchell has the most talent but doesn't seem to know how to use it. I think he averages like 6 pts a game. Last time I checked both WH and Sycamore were AA teams. I think they played each other early in the season without Lohin and it was a close game. I am quite sure Gaines was probably not in BB shape for WH. Both played in the Battle of the States and neither was very impressive although well coached. I look forward to following up this post after tomorrow night. I wish the boys from Sycamore well but they will have to play the game of their life and LT will have to play the absolute worst game possible for Sycamore to have a chance.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826390744[/snapback]I think Slater broke his ankle with a cross over. Mitchell has the most talent but doesn't seem to know how to use it. I think he averages like 6 pts a game. Last time I checked both WH and Sycamore were AA teams. I think they played each other early in the season without Lohin and it was a close game. I am quite sure Gaines was probably not in BB shape for WH. Both played in the Battle of the States and neither was very impressive although well coached. I look forward to following up this post after tomorrow night. I wish the boys from Sycamore well but they will have to play the game of their life and LT will have to play the absolute worst game possible for Sycamore to have a chance.

Yes WH and Sycamore are both AA what is your point?? They played the first game of the season WH won by one point that was a LONG TIME AGO, it doesnt matter, WH and SYcamore are much improved since then. Lohin has carried his team on his back for about a month in a half, and has done a good job doing it. Why did you bring up Slater??? Lohin was hurt and I gaurantee if Lohin was to go up against Slater last week or the day after CPA and Lipscomb played there second game, Lohin would have broke his(slater's) ankle. See how pointless your post was. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:04 PM) 826390382[/snapback]Agree I watched Ant play Cheatham last year at Lexington, and it was great, how would you compare JSS's speed to Bolivar's?? I looked at the scores to there three games and it looked like they were all good games. I dont know why anybody from 12aa is giving Harpeth a chance.

Bolivar is faster than JSS and they also have more size. Bolivar's press is better than JSS. JSS press was never that good in the games I have seen them play. I think Harpeth can win this game and it will be a close game.

QUOTE(Preston3 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826390355[/snapback]No BEN STILLER it isn't. I assume this is not yours either. Have you seen Union City play. They beat White House by 102-76 and it could have been worse. White House is on about the same level talent wise as Sycamore maybe even a little better. Liberty Tech is about the same as Union City just a little bigger in a couple of positions. Both UC and LT are very very deep. WH and Sycamore don't have the depth to compete. Freezing the ball will be impossible with LT's press. I look for the Sycamore boys to need oxygen by the second quarter that's when the rout will really begin.

Yes and Union City lost to Brentwood Academy and Liberty Tech beat Brentwood Academy by 27.

QUOTE(SYCAMORECOUNTY08 @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826390470[/snapback]Preston you silly silly boy. You cannot compare the outcome of a game to the outcome of a totally different game. White House and Union City have nothing to do with this, and we don't even know if White House or Sycamore are on the same level. Don't bring two totally different teams into this conversation.

that would be a compliment for either of you or HHS.

I say Liberty Tech by 28 only because Coach Williams will call off the dogs really, really early. Lohin a great player? YOu guys get real! Liberty Tech has 15 guys better than Lohin.

If Sycamore tries to run with them, they(LT) will score over 100. They would have hit the century mark on Cheatham had Cheatham played their subs any at all. If Liberty had of played their starters the whole way in that game they would have scored over 130. You guys have not seen a basketball team like this.