Oakland-White County?

TeRrAnCe_JaY21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(85warrior @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826396203[/snapback]I agree. We just play hard.

Good luck against Red Bank. I think both Oakland and White County can make state.

I mean we've had some fouls that werent exactly touch fouls, so were no saints either. Ive seen Bradley play twice this year, your going to need Pickett and Duke to step up against their big men, they have 2 about Kit's size. Need to have your best defender and oglesby all night, make him work on offense and defense, he fouled out tonight against Red Bank, so It could be possible to get him in foul trouble early and if you can that will favor White County big time. That 1-3-1 defense Mitchell can work against Bradley if they only have one of their bigs, but it may be hard to contain them in that if both of them are in. This is probably the weakest BC team this decade, if there ever is such a thing. I think if White County brings it on both sides of the ball and gets off to a good start, they could be in a familiar city come March 15th

QUOTE(85warrior @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826396203[/snapback]I agree. We just play hard.

Good luck against Red Bank. I think both Oakland and White County can make state.

Hope both can make it and represent 7AAA well /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Good luck! When do the boys play again?

QUOTE(85warrior @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826396185[/snapback]We lost by 11. WE are the 2nd best in the region. WE are still playing. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good. I am glad for you. You got a good draw and took advantage of it. Congrats. Shelbvyille would beat White Co. or Riverdale. But thats ok. Good Luck at Bradley. Not many teams go in there and win. Oh yeah Shelbyville did last year. I believe only their 5th home loss in the last 6 years. And 4 were last year. Again good luck. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826396226[/snapback]I mean we've had some fouls that werent exactly touch fouls, so were no saints either. Ive seen Bradley play twice this year, your going to need Pickett and Duke to step up against their big men, they have 2 about Kit's size. Need to have your best defender and oglesby all night, make him work on offense and defense, he fouled out tonight against Red Bank, so It could be possible to get him in foul trouble early and if you can that will favor White County big time. That 1-3-1 defense Mitchell can work against Bradley if they only have one of their bigs, but it may be hard to contain them in that if both of them are in. This is probably the weakest BC team this decade, if there ever is such a thing. I think if White County brings it on both sides of the ball and gets off to a good start, they could be in a familiar city come March 15th

No 4 out of 5 starters are back from last year. The other starter is only 6'8(Grothious) transferred in for his Senior year from another school near there,

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:26 PM) 826393834[/snapback]Believe me they aint gonna take anything for granted from here on out. That team is on a mission and will be all business come game time. This game is all Oakland, I dont think their leadership will be denied. I like them to take the win by 10+(double digits) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did I read right Oakland was up 17 or 19-0? Sounds like Oakland got after White Co like they did in the Semis. Surely Oakland D had something to do with Horrible shooting I was reading about. And I did say double digit margin of victory. Did White Co ever cut it back under double digits the rest of the game.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826396344[/snapback]Did I read right Oakland was up 17 or 19-0? Sounds like Oakland got after White Co like they did in the Semis. Surely Oakland D had something to do with Horrible shooting I was reading about. And I did say double digit margin of victory. Did White Co ever cut it back under double digits the rest of the game.

I think it was 11 or 13-1 then 20-2 at the end of 1.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826396344[/snapback]Did I read right Oakland was up 17 or 19-0? Sounds like Oakland got after White Co like they did in the Semis. Surely Oakland D had something to do with Horrible shooting I was reading about. And I did say double digit margin of victory. Did White Co ever cut it back under double digits the rest of the game.

White Co. cut it to 10 and had the ball looking to cut it to single digits with about 3 minutes to play.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826396325[/snapback]Good. I am glad for you. You got a good draw and took advantage of it. Congrats. Shelbvyille would beat White Co. or Riverdale. But thats ok. Good Luck at Bradley. Not many teams go in there and win. Oh yeah Shelbyville did last year. I believe only their 5th home loss in the last 6 years. And 4 were last year. Again good luck. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Again, you would not have beaten White co. Shelbyville got beat by TWENTY THREE points. Get it through your head man. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826396325[/snapback]Good. I am glad for you. You got a good draw and took advantage of it. Congrats. Shelbvyille would beat White Co. or Riverdale. But thats ok. Good Luck at Bradley. Not many teams go in there and win. Oh yeah Shelbyville did last year. I believe only their 5th home loss in the last 6 years. And 4 were last year. Again good luck. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and you shelbyville fans wonder why district 7 comes down on yall...wow. had scott thomas not gone down in the first quarter of the regular season finale versus shelbyville (after he had scored our first 5 points), shelbyville wouldnt have never won that game at all. but no i didnt have to bring that up to make me feel better after my team got embarassed, they played their hearts out and went out in style. you could make an argument that 3 teams were worthy of advancing (even though obviously thats not how it works) out of region 4 but shelbyville's not one of them

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826396400[/snapback]and you shelbyville fans wonder why district 7 comes down on yall...wow. had scott thomas not gone down in the first quarter of the regular season finale versus shelbyville (after he had scored our first 5 points), shelbyville wouldnt have never won that game at all. but no i didnt have to bring that up to make me feel better after my team got embarassed, they played their hearts out and went out in style. you could make an argument that 3 teams were worthy of advancing (even though obviously thats not how it works) out of region 4 but shelbyville's not one of them

Good post.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826396226[/snapback]I mean we've had some fouls that werent exactly touch fouls, so were no saints either. Ive seen Bradley play twice this year, your going to need Pickett and Duke to step up against their big men, they have 2 about Kit's size. Need to have your best defender and oglesby all night, make him work on offense and defense, he fouled out tonight against Red Bank, so It could be possible to get him in foul trouble early and if you can that will favor White County big time. That 1-3-1 defense Mitchell can work against Bradley if they only have one of their bigs, but it may be hard to contain them in that if both of them are in. This is probably the weakest BC team this decade, if there ever is such a thing. I think if White County brings it on both sides of the ball and gets off to a good start, they could be in a familiar city come March 15th

Bradley fan here comeing in peace lol. If you double team Oglesby like alot of teams do then you are gonna do one of 2 things 1 leave Keith Dodd (6'8 center) open and most likely he will dunk on you. or 2 let Mark Gibson (great outside shooter) shot 3s on you all night. I will say you are right if you get TO in foul trouble then you are in better shape however for most of the 4th Q and overtime tonight TO had 4 fouls and still manged to get his points . Anyways we are a good team and very hard to beat when we are clicking on all parts of the game . we (and i mean about 2500ish people) will be in the gym in our black and gold come monday and are very much looking forward to a good basketball game.