Best High School game youve even seen

pops47

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best game I have ever seen was Columbia vs Franklin about 1997. Columbia threw Jason Moats(high draft pick) and Franklin threw Derrick Turnbow( his carreer turned out o.k.).

There were radar guns everywhere and both pitchers were easily 90-91 that night. Columbia won the game, I believe it was 1-0.There were a combined 5 hits and 25 strikeouts. Daniel Uggla had the only 2 hits for Columbia and scored the only run. Game time was about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Picture perfect baseball.

There have been a lot of great games played at Riverdale over the years:

There was the 8 run comeback with 2 outs and no one on in the bottom of the 7th against

Christian Brothers in the Warrior Spring Classic 4 or 5 years ago, with now-MTSU catcher

Alex Watson hitting a two-strike Grand Slam over the batting cage in right field to tie the game 11-11...

Riverdale went on to win the game in extra innings....

There was another great Warrior Spring Classic game between Farragut and Germantown Houston,

decided in the bottom of the 7th on a bloop to left-center field. That game had two of

the best shortstops in recent history on the same field, Zach Miller (my alltime favorite)

from Houston, now with Ole Miss and Tony Delmonico, now at Tennessee. Both made

several sensational plays in the game. Can anyone else name the other players on that

field that are now playing college or pro baseball? It is quite a list - we may never see

that much talent on one field again in quite some time....

There was also the night Riverdale and Oakland played to the wee hours in McMinnville,

Tennessee in the regionals...

Polk County vs Unicoi County in 1986 State Semifinals. Unicoi won on a 3 run HR in the seventh by Patrick Ollis to go ahead, this HR also broke the national HR record at the time. Ed Whitson's nephew pitched for Unicoi and was drafted by the Cubs. This game was probably the most people ever to turn out at Cleveland State Community College to watch a baseball game ever. Scouts were lined up 3-4 deep behind the backstop and the stands were absolutely packed with people standing everywhere.

and

Polk County vs Loudon County 1986 Region Championship game. Polk was ahead and won when a baserunner missed second base in the top of the seventh and was called out for the third out of the game. Mike White was the #1 Draft Pick for the Dodgers that year for Loudon.

2000 region finals i believe. It was Oakland Vs. Loncoln Co.

Oakland had Sr. Jason Sharber on the mound and LC had a young pitcher Maybe a soph.

Oakland was heavy favorites. The game went 8 innings ohs 1 lc 0

Top of the eighth lc had a runner on 2nd with 2 out, the runner stole third and the ball sailed from the catcher into leftfield. The runner was sent home and Oakland's left fielder threw a perfect throw home to nail the runner.

Bottom eight, Caleb Barrett led off the inning with a triple and chuck akers singled him home for the win!!!

Great pitching and great defense!!!! Both pitchers pitched complete games!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!

Or Oakland's 10-0 rout of faragut in the 99 state championship game!!

Just had to slip that one in!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826393633[/snapback]2000 region finals i believe. It was Oakland Vs. Loncoln Co.

Oakland had Sr. Jason Sharber on the mound and LC had a young pitcher Maybe a soph.

Oakland was heavy favorites. The game went 8 innings ohs 1 lc 0

Top of the eighth lc had a runner on 2nd with 2 out, the runner stole third and the ball sailed from the catcher into leftfield. The runner was sent home and Oakland's left fielder threw a perfect throw home to nail the runner.

Bottom eight, Caleb Barrett led off the inning with a triple and chuck akers singled him home for the win!!!

Great pitching and great defense!!!! Both pitchers pitched complete games!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!

Or Oakland's 10-0 rout of faragut in the 99 state championship game!!

Just had to slip that one in!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You beat me to it, that game had me on the edge of my seat. Although my favorite has to be Oakland beating Riverdale twice in the district championship to steal it from the Warriors, I believe that was 2001/2002, cant remember which

Baseball:97 and 98 region semi tullahoma vs oakland and 97 region 4-AAA final

Football: 2005 tullahoma 21-20 upset over hillsboro and the night that terrance holt for maplewood ran 450+yards

Basketball:last year when shelbyville beat brentwood academy and 06 AAA final hamilton beat shelbyville

Soccer: 03 state tourny tullahoma beat #1 oak ridge 3-2

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826393688[/snapback]Baseball:97 and 98 region semi tullahoma vs oakland and 97 region 4-AAA final

Football: 2005 tullahoma 21-20 upset over hillsboro and the night that terrance holt for maplewood ran 450+yards

Basketball:last year when shelbyville beat brentwood academy and 06 AAA final hamilton beat shelbyville

Soccer: 03 state tourny tullahoma beat #1 oak ridge 3-2

Those two games were awesome!!!! Lots of big league talent in those games!!!!

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826393870[/snapback]creek wood vs. dickson at creek wood last year. county rivals. there had been smack talked back and forth the whole week. a lot of people showed up for the game. the game lasted for ever. it ended in 12 innings with creek wood winning with a suicide squeeze play. real nail biter!!!!

SQUEEZE!!!!!!

love it!!

2002 Riverside vs. Milan in District Tourney action. This game went 14 innings with Milan winning 10-9. Both starting pitchers threw excellent games and showed great stamina throughout. The Riverside pitcher threw 9 strong innings and the Milan pitcher threw 10. Both teams played with a lot of enthusiasm and heart and showed tremendous strength to keep going. This byfar has been the best game that I've seen or been apart of.