IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826436607[/snapback]Pretty tight game. Jeff scored 2 in the bottom of the first and held that lead until the 4th when West scored 4 runs. That was it as far as offense goes. Jeff County actually had the tying runners on base and the winning run at the plate for the final 2 outs of the game.

Note: West has pulled out of the Eastman tournament this weekend. Good luck to Cherokee at the Gibbs tourney this weekend! Hope they get in about 6 games on Sunday and get home around midnight. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hate to hear West had to pull out this weekend. Don't let anyone lay around all weekend in the rain and get their arms all rusty or anything.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THECRIPDEVIL @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:46 PM) 826436239[/snapback]First it was JV or the B team, all the really good players play varsity not JV. Second this is a softball board not football board. If you want to play that game then just wait till wrestling, and boys and girls basketball season comes back around.

First of all I'm not the one on here startin crap. Second of all, the JV is the future. Just a glimpse of what it will be like the next couple of years.

Big game tomorrow in the IMAC:

Morristown West puts their 5 - 0 conference record on the line agianst Cherokee's 6 - 0 conference record.

Factors:

1) Coming into this game, M West is on a 5 game winning streak that included a big shutout win over Knox Central 2 to 0. M West was scheduled to play in the Eastman tournament this weekend, but pulled out at the last minute due to some complications.

2) Cherokee after starting out with a school record 15 consecutive regular season wins have dropped 5 of their last 9 ballgames as they faced top level competition in back to back weekend tournaments at the annual Soddy Daisy and Gibbs tournaments. Losses to GPS, Baylor, and Stone Memorial were part of their tough "snowy" weekend at Soddy. The Gibbs tournament was called for weather while Cherokee was playing in the first round of Gold bracket play and were locked in a 0 to 0 tie with powerhouse Riverdale with two outs in the bottom of the third.

3) The weather forecast is calling for a 10% chance of precipitation on Monday with a mention of potential flurries. Even if the rain holds off, they predict wind gusts in the 25 to 35 mph range.

4) I can't remember when Cherokee beat M West last. Last year they met three times with a blowout at West 13 to 3, a closer game at Cherokee going 4 to 2, and finally in the district tournament the game went to West 6 to 5 in a game that saw Cherokee hit two home runs and Cherokee head coach get ejected from the game over disputes with some of the calls. She served her two game suspension at the start of this season.

Look forward to a great game!

QUOTE(statman3 @ Apr 15 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826437817[/snapback]Big game tomorrow in the IMAC:

Morristown West puts their 5 - 0 conference record on the line agianst Cherokee's 6 - 0 conference record.

Factors:

1) Coming into this game, M West is on a 5 game winning streak that included a big shutout win over Knox Central 2 to 0. M West was scheduled to play in the Eastman tournament this weekend, but pulled out at the last minute due to some complications.

2) Cherokee after starting out with a school record 15 consecutive regular season wins have dropped 5 of their last 9 ballgames as they faced top level competition in back to back weekend tournaments at the annual Soddy Daisy and Gibbs tournaments. Losses to GPS, Baylor, and Stone Memorial were part of their tough "snowy" weekend at Soddy. The Gibbs tournament was called for weather while Cherokee was playing in the first round of Gold bracket play and were locked in a 0 to 0 tie with powerhouse Riverdale with two outs in the bottom of the third.

3) The weather forecast is calling for a 10% chance of precipitation on Monday with a mention of potential flurries. Even if the rain holds off, they predict wind gusts in the 25 to 35 mph range.

4) I can't remember when Cherokee beat M West last. Last year they met three times with a blowout at West 13 to 3, a closer game at Cherokee going 4 to 2, and finally in the district tournament the game went to West 6 to 5 in a game that saw Cherokee hit two home runs and Cherokee head coach get ejected from the game over disputes with some of the calls. She served her two game suspension at the start of this season.

Look forward to a great game!

Should be a good one. I projected West at 7-2 a couple of weeks ago. I still stand by that number. What about you mwtfan?

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826438553[/snapback]I predict we'll have to wait 48 more hours to find out.

What --- no guts --- or confidence. I'm terribly disappointed. Everyone knows that you Trojans are noted primadonnas.

How about that for starting crap Patriot Fan?

I've been high on the Trojans all year. They have the tools. They have great athletes on the bench to go with the 8 or so in the starting lineup.

However -- I predict a late peaking Hurricane team that finishes second and goes on to District. Better not have them in your bracket.

I'm spreading it on thick today. A little late season energy boost.

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 16 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826438575[/snapback]What --- no guts --- or confidence. I'm terribly disappointed. Everyone knows that you Trojans are noted primadonnas.

How about that for starting crap Patriot Fan?

I've been high on the Trojans all year. They have the tools. They have great athletes on the bench to go with the 8 or so in the starting lineup.

However -- I predict a late peaking Hurricane team that finishes second and goes on to District. Better not have them in your bracket.

I'm spreading it on thick today. A little late season energy boost.

I see the Hurricanes having a late season resurgence also, but the only way they can get the 2 seed is by coin flip.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826438581[/snapback]I see the Hurricanes having a late season resurgence also, but the only way they can get the 2 seed is by coin flip.

I was referring to finishing second at District Tourney. Still too much work to do for them. They lost their catcher again this weekend and will continue to struggle for a couple of weeks. Then -- watch out!

West and Cherokee will still finish 1 and 2.

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 16 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826438679[/snapback]I was referring to finishing second at District Tourney. Still too much work to do for them. They lost their catcher again this weekend and will continue to struggle for a couple of weeks. Then -- watch out!

West and Cherokee will still finish 1 and 2.

I don't think any of us are ready to write East off just yet, not after watching these girls play ball their whole lives. Most of us are expecting a run in the District tourney. Getting shortstop back will be a shot in the arm - is she getting close? As for predictions - I'm 1 for 1 /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> (at least at the moment, don't look now but there is a chance of rain on Wednesday).