AA SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

3/3

Stone Memorial at Elizabethon ---- I like Elizabethon

Marshall Co at Mcnairy Central ---- McNairy Central wins with the homecourt advantage

Livingston Academy at Mcminn Central ---- McMinn will reign over HOG-EYE

Westview at BT Washington -- Westview wins in Memphis. Lady Chargers make free throws down the stretch.

Claiborne at Austin East ---- Austin East -- Lady Roadrunners are toooo quick!! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Liberty at David Lipscomb ---- David Lipscomb in a close one ..

Sequatchie Co at Upperman --- Upperman -- The Lady Bees are a team of destiny /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mitchell at Jackson Northside --- Northside -- Cliff and Ross are the ones that make this team go..

who will win these game?

Not a bad ELITE 8 in Class 2A /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(joeblow23 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826394657[/snapback]Why Elizabethton over Stone? Stone is a great team that is hard to match up with.

Congrats Sweet 16! It should be a fun weekend!!

Elizabethton will be playing in the substate for the fourth time in the last five years. They made the state tournament in 2005, losing a tough first round game to eventual champion Chester County. They are led by 4 battle tested seniors who have won well over 100 games in their careers. 6'3" center Michaela Pietrowski is a Division 1 prospect that is a tough matchup inside. 5'10" post Marti Bush is tough inside and Brianne Gouge and Victoria Hopson are a pair of 5'8" defensive minded wings. The Cyclones also have 4 quality juniors that provide depth. This team is tall, physical, experienced, tough to score on, and on a mission. Being from District 1, they often fly under the radar, but make no mistake, they are a formidable opponent.

QUOTE(glover @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:02 PM) 826394013[/snapback]In my opinion (in bold)

3/3

Stone Memorial at Elizabethon

Marshall Co at Mcnairy Central

Livingston Academy at Mcminn Central

Westview at BT Washington

Claiborne at Austin East

Liberty at David Lipscomb

Sequatchie Co at Upperman

Mitchell at Jackson Northside

The bold teams are my selections...

Stone Memorial at Elizabethon

Marshall Co at McNairy Central

Livingston Academy at Mcminn Central

Westview at BT Washington

Claiborne at Austin East

Liberty at David Lipscomb

Sequatchie Co at Upperman

Mitchell at Jackson Northside

The bold teams are my selections...

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:00 AM) 826394787[/snapback]Elizabethton will be playing in the substate for the fourth time in the last five years. They made the state tournament in 2005, losing a tough first round game to eventual champion Chester County. They are led by 4 battle tested seniors who have won well over 100 games in their careers. 6'3" center Michaela Pietrowski is a Division 1 prospect that is a tough matchup inside. 5'10" post Marti Bush is tough inside and Brianne Gouge and Victoria Hopson are a pair of 5'8" defensive minded wings. The Cyclones also have 4 quality juniors that provide depth. This team is tall, physical, experienced, tough to score on, and on a mission. Being from District 1, they often fly under the radar, but make no mistake, they are a formidable opponent.

It sounds like they are a good team. Make no mistake though- although SM is a new school these girls have all played together at Cumberland County High School- and are not newcomers to this stage of postseason play. It sounds like it is shaping up to be a good game- and 2 teams with opposite areas of strength. good luck to all!

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826394674[/snapback]Who is Upperman's closest challenger? I know they arent currently ranked number 1 but they are the best team in the state.

I agree. This tournament is Upperman's to lose. If they take a night off they WILL get beat but when they play to their ability there is noone better in AA. I think they are the best team but beatable.