TSSAA SALARY

oleagle

In region 4A I didn't think the format was too bad. I happen to like the Tennessee format of being able to lose up to three times. I mean 75% of the time if a team is good enough to win state, they aren't going to lose once, if any. I think the Kentucky style is completely crazy with only having one class. I'm not sure how Indiana's format is. TSSAA is definately killing students with ticket prices, not only are prices extremely high, if your school as a great girls and boys program you get punished double. I think the TSSAA should come up with a district tournament pass and a region tournament pass, that way if your fortunate enough to have two programs that are good, or you just like watching your local district and region teams, you wouldn't have to spend close to a hundred dollars to watch all those games. I don't know like maybe knock 4 or 5 dollars off the total price for the whole tournament, that way people would see it worth buying one. It'll never happen, but its a thought.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working for TSSAA is a job like being a Parks Director. Everyone thinks it would be a great, cushy, job until they try it. I would think Carter and his partners are compensated well. They should be paid at least as well as a large school principal.

The Board of Control is another story. I've attended meetings in which Control members are elected and most of the room has no idea who any of the candidates are except where they are from. This is a weak area for TSSAA that should be improved. All regions should be better informed on who represents them. Most have no idea until a major policy comes up and then little communications comes from the Board of Control.

Indiana use to have only 1 class no matter what size but around 2000 they went to 4 classes. fist round Sectionals at the biggest gym in that district 2nd round Regioanl Biggest gym from those Districts 3rd Sub-State played at centeral school or College biggest gym 4th round State played at RCA Dome

But you have to remmember up there at a regular season home game you will have 1,000 to 9,000 fans at a game not like down here.

QUOTE(knight2 @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826400098[/snapback]Indiana use to have only 1 class no matter what size but around 2000 they went to 4 classes. fist round Sectionals at the biggest gym in that district 2nd round Regioanl Biggest gym from those Districts 3rd Sub-State played at centeral school or College biggest gym 4th round State played at RCA Dome

But you have to remmember up there at a regular season home game you will have 1,000 to 9,000 fans at a game not like down here.

basketball is different in the Hoosier St

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826399341[/snapback]it needs to be about the players & students (who by the way can not afford to go to all the games if their team continues to win) but as long as it fills the "big mans pockets" dont guess he cares. maybe he should take a cut charge less for students to get attendance up and get more $ for refs so they can get some better ones for the whole year.

The same should go for football season. Ever noticed how small the student section is during playoffs? Not only is the student activity card not allowed but the students have to pay the same price as a reserved seat. You would think adults would want high school students in a safe, supervised area on Friday nights???? That would make not make as much cent$ for TSSAA!

QUOTE(randymc @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826399380[/snapback]I agree, a student should get in discounted, after all this whole format was to "benefit the student" Also, to get better officiating, they should go back to 2 refs.

Explain your reasoning about going back to 2 refs...why would you rather have two sets of eyes on the floor than 3? The 3 man crews do a much better job and the games are called much better than 2 man crews. I remember when we made the switch to 3 man, and the coaches that i have talked to about it like it MUCH better than they did 2 man crews...