Bradley at Home vs White County

QUOTE(sm7mag @ Mar 6 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826402547[/snapback]85.....i dont understand you guys...oakland beat red bank by 40.....maybe they just didnt match up good with them.....oakland only scored54 on white county after white co. went 4 for 24 to start the game and you barely won....bradley put up 73 pts....whats up with that ? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bradley and Oakland play 2 diff. styles of basketball. If Bradley were to play Oakland{I don't think Bradley will make it that far} Oakland defense is TOUGH. That's all I can say. Ask Red Bank.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody on this thread is cracking me up talking about Bradley and Oakland! If I were Oakland I'd be concentrating on Powell(25-9) not too shabby, and then Ridgeway and Clarksville in the upper bracket. Ya'll are getting the cart before the horse. I hope Powell's checking all this out!!! One game at at time, baby. According to everybody, Oakland's already won the gold ball. You better be focused on the matter at hand or somethin's liable to bit ya in the butt!!!!!hehehehehe

QUOTE(lesbearcat @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:55 PM) 826402790[/snapback]Everybody on this thread is cracking me up talking about Bradley and Oakland! If I were Oakland I'd be concentrating on Powell(25-9) not too shabby, and then Ridgeway and Clarksville in the upper bracket. Ya'll are getting the cart before the horse. I hope Powell's checking all this out!!! One game at at time, baby. According to everybody, Oakland's already won the gold ball. You better be focused on the matter at hand or somethin's liable to bit ya in the butt!!!!!hehehehehe

The only reason I've brought up Oakland and Bradley is because Oakland is in our District and I've seen them play a few times and we just played Bradley last night so I was comparing the 2. I'm sure Bradley folks are quite surprised at the Oakland vs Red Bank outcome. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(sm7mag @ Mar 6 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826402547[/snapback]85.....i dont understand you guys...oakland beat red bank by 40.....maybe they just didnt match up good with them.....oakland only scored54 on white county after white co. went 4 for 24 to start the game and you barely won....bradley put up 73 pts....whats up with that ? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Maybe had Oakland won by 20 or so, I could buy your argument that Red Bank simply didnt matchup well with them. Oakland went small and pretty much dared Red Bank to play their game and they couldnt, not even against Oakland's smaller lineup. If you want to split hairs, it was actually 58 and I dont call winning by 11 while being up by 16-20 points most of the game barely winning. Yeah you guys in east tn can score with the best of em, but when the shots arent falling, can you win a game? Thats what Oakland brings to the table that makes them so good. I think most Oakland folks know that we still got a ways before we can even think gold ball, but at this point, I think Oakland's chances are better than most

QUOTE(sparta boy @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826401951[/snapback]we found that out foul shots 29-9.They are a good team would love to have played them on neutral site where fans couldnt walk out and carry on conversation in between halfs with the ref very unprofessional!!!!!Ogelsby was funny came out about 20 minutes after rest of his team and went to locker room about 20 minutes early.

TO had back spasms. He was ok initially, but something happened in the 2nd quarter. After the game he had an awful time even standing up. He is getting therapy and muscle relaxants. Usually he comes back in and stays and talks to the kids and who ever, but he was in so much pain.

Hope he will feel better soon.

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826403266[/snapback]to beat bradley you gotta be able to out score us not beat us with defense because with To shooting well no Defense in the world is gonna Beat Bradley.

Butler did. TO is a great player, but when he has someone on him at all times, he is not going to @@@@ up the points like he does against these teams that dont play defense. There are going to be games where the shooting isnt there, so Bradley better be able to rely on their defense in those moments or they are going to have a very tough time getting to the state championship

Oakland has a good team..But so does BCHS and we have been to the boro many times before. Coach smith is the best coach in the state...So "IF" we meet..BCHS will be ready. I wouldnt bring up red bank to much..You barely beat white county and only scored in the 50's. Looks like we have more offense and an inside game like you havent seen all year.

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826403266[/snapback]to beat bradley you gotta be able to out score us not beat us with defense because with To shooting well no Defense in the world is gonna Beat Bradley.

You obviously haven't seen Oakland play. I don't see Bradley making the finals, but if they do play Oakland for the championship that is EXACTLY how Oakland will beat you. With DEFENSE.

QUOTE(volntn @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826403701[/snapback]Oakland has a good team..But so does BCHS and we have been to the boro many times before. Coach smith is the best coach in the state...So "IF" we meet..BCHS will be ready. I wouldnt bring up red bank to much..You barely beat white county and only scored in the 50's. Looks like we have more offense and an inside game like you havent seen all year.

I use Red Bank because you guys lost to them once and probably should have again. Like I said earlier, we led White County by 16-20 all game and they made a run at the end, we started that game on a 17-0 run. Yeah I know you guys can score, but when you have to actually play defense, can Bradley win a game in the 50's or even in the 40's, oakland can and has many this season, but they have also won games where they scored more than 70, but your in big trouble if Oakland hangs that on ya because I cant count the niumber of times on my one hand how many times Oakland has given up more than 55 points, and thats the reason why Bradley hasnt and wont win the state championship under Kent Smith, who I respect a great deal, but a great defense beats a great offense any day of the week

QUOTE(volntn @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826403701[/snapback]Oakland has a good team..But so does BCHS and we have been to the boro many times before. Coach smith is the best coach in the state...So "IF" we meet..BCHS will be ready. I wouldnt bring up red bank to much..You barely beat white county and only scored in the 50's. Looks like we have more offense and an inside game like you havent seen all year.

Barely? I am a White County fan. We lost to Oakland 4 times. All four were double digit losses. You should look at the Red Bank game a little. I believe Bradley beat Red Bank twice{by 4 points and BARELY in OT by one point} and LOST to them once by 2 points so it's obvious that Red Bank and Bradley are VERY evenly matched. Oakland DOMINATED Red Bank by FORTY points. You have to be concerned if you're a Bradley fan.