Wartburg @ UH

patthemanager

Region 2 people, I have nothing against you. I'm just stating the facts. Region 2 isn't as strong as it useally is. I think you guys realize that too. Now I despise UH. I hope they get blown out of the gym. But it won't happen. They are just better than any region 2 team. It would be a miricle, not an upset, but a MIRICLE for Wartburg to win. But I'm going to go a little conservative, and say UH by 12. But it could be a lot more than that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826396661[/snapback]D.J. will score at least 30. No matter what defensive scheme you have, he will get his points. Winstead is a dominant player also, as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Wartburg by 10

dont think so. DJ is a great ballplayer. So is Woodacre. The major difference is , Get in Shannons face and deny him the ball and he will get upset and that hurts his game BAD. Get Woodacre the ball D-up on him and he will stay calm and score , somehow. 2 different ballplayers I would love to see the matchup. When DJ gets down by 6 to 8 points he doesnt play good D . He slows down alot . If that happens then it could be a long night for Wartburg. Iknow that Shannon isnt the only player on the team but he is a huge contributor . The Wartburg fans will get their $s worth to watch Woodacre play . He is a fun kid to watch. By the way all the 411 above is from watching both teams play other teams its not just heresay. DJ wont have 30 probably not even 25 but thats my opinion and thats what this board is for. UH by 8-10. LOL to both teams.

QUOTE(Ram Fan @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826396661[/snapback]D.J. will score at least 30. No matter what defensive scheme you have, he will get his points. Winstead is a dominant player also, as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Wartburg by 10

dont think so. DJ is a great ballplayer. So is Woodacre. The major difference is , Get in Shannons face and deny him the ball and he will get upset and that hurts his game BAD. Get Woodacre the ball D-up on him and he will stay calm and score , somehow. 2 different ballplayers I would love to see the matchup. When DJ gets down by 6 to 8 points he doesnt play good D . He slows down alot . If that happens then it could be a long night for Wartburg. Iknow that Shannon isnt the only player on the team but he is a huge contributor . The Wartburg fans will get their $s worth to watch Woodacre play . He is a fun kid to watch. By the way all the 411 above is from watching both teams play other teams its not just heresay. DJ wont have 30 probably not even 25 but thats my opinion and thats what this board is for. UH by 8-10. LOL to both teams.

I've seen where a lot of people keeping bringing up Hampton by 21 over Harriman. Just to let everyone know, Harriman primarily plays five players 30 minutes and it was their fourth game in five days. There legs were gone in that one.

You have to remember that the same Harriman team beat Cloudland 24 hours earlier so they must be pretty good.

I believe the road teams on Monday could have favorable match-ups. I haven't seen UH, but I've heard they're not that big which would be an advantage for Wartburg and their two guys that stand 6'6" or more. Wartburg also has good shooters with Bunch, Nelson, Rogers and Shannon all capable of having big nights from beyond the arc.

On the other hand, Wartburg isn't a great defensive team. They are good close to the baket because Winstead and Shannon can change shots, but a lot of players can be taken off the dribble. However, they really don't seem to care if you take a lot of open shots because that normally leads to a fast pace and that's when they're at their best.

I also think Cloudland's physical play and 2-3 zone is the way to beat Harriman. Harriman isn't a great shooting team and I'm sure that the Highlanders will make them hit it from outside before they let penetration beat them.

Harriman, however, is streaky. They shot really well against Oliver Springs then couldn't throw it in the ocean against Wartburg. Granted they still beat Wartburg, but I bet they missed at least 30 shots inside of 5 feet. I actually counted 8 shots inside of 5 feet they missed in the third quarter and they were fouled on 4 more inside of 5 feet. The reason I counted the shots in the third quarter was because they missed enough gimmes in the first half to be up by double digits in the first half instead of trailing by 2.

Harrimn cannot afford that many misses Monday because the pace will be a lot slower.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 2 2007 - 05:37 PM) 826397306[/snapback]I've seen where a lot of people keeping bringing up Hampton by 21 over Harriman. Just to let everyone know, Harriman primarily plays five players 30 minutes and it was their fourth game in five days. There legs were gone in that one.

You have to remember that the same Harriman team beat Cloudland 24 hours earlier so they must be pretty good.

I believe the road teams on Monday could have favorable match-ups. I haven't seen UH, but I've heard they're not that big which would be an advantage for Wartburg and their two guys that stand 6'6" or more. Wartburg also has good shooters with Bunch, Nelson, Rogers and Shannon all capable of having big nights from beyond the arc.

On the other hand, Wartburg isn't a great defensive team. They are good close to the baket because Winstead and Shannon can change shots, but a lot of players can be taken off the dribble. However, they really don't seem to care if you take a lot of open shots because that normally leads to a fast pace and that's when they're at their best.

I also think Cloudland's physical play and 2-3 zone is the way to beat Harriman. Harriman isn't a great shooting team and I'm sure that the Highlanders will make them hit it from outside before they let penetration beat them.

Harriman, however, is streaky. They shot really well against Oliver Springs then couldn't throw it in the ocean against Wartburg. Granted they still beat Wartburg, but I bet they missed at least 30 shots inside of 5 feet. I actually counted 8 shots inside of 5 feet they missed in the third quarter and they were fouled on 4 more inside of 5 feet. The reason I counted the shots in the third quarter was because they missed enough gimmes in the first half to be up by double digits in the first half instead of trailing by 2.

Harrimn cannot afford that many misses Monday because the pace will be a lot slower.

UH by 12 (being conservative) and Cloudland by 3.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Mar 2 2007 - 05:45 PM) 826397313[/snapback]UH by 12 (being conservative) and Cloudland by 3.

Could be right. I expect the Cloudland/Harriman game to be close with someone possibly pulling away late.

I'm interested to see if Wartburg can bounce back from such a heartbreaking loss. At the buzzer in double OT is tough to get over.

Besides Woodacre, what type of team is UH? Do they run-and-gun, play a lot of people, play man or zone?

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:01 PM) 826397328[/snapback]Could be right. I expect the Cloudland/Harriman game to be close with someone possibly pulling away late.

I'm interested to see if Wartburg can bounce back from such a heartbreaking loss. At the buzzer in double OT is tough to get over.

Besides Woodacre, what type of team is UH? Do they run-and-gun, play a lot of people, play man or zone?

They man up. They like to run it, but if you get back in time they usally find woodacre open behind the arc. And he dosen't miss open shots. I think I saw he shot 49.3 percent in the regular season, (3 point) and his percentage is better in the post season. Post players like to take short jumbers if you let them have them. It seems like they only play 7 or 8. They all are in real good shape. Attack #3 and see if you can get him to turn it over. Do it quick, cause they'll put #10 in after a few minutes. #3 starts because he is a senior.

I know Harriman played UH the past two summers and they told me that Woodacre can carry on team on his shoulders against anybody. Kinda like Jenkins from Cosby I suppose, only a bit better from what I hear.

Sounds like it could take 70 points or more to win this one. When Wartburg played Grace it seemed each team would race up court, make 1 or 2 passes then a shot went up. The Bulldogs eventually wore Grace down because of their press, tempo and depth (they play 10 or 11).

Shannon will be a tough match-up for UH. He is for everybody right now. I wouldn't be suprised if he's averaging 30-35 points per game in the last 10-15 games. I know of at least 8 30-point games in the last 13 games I can think of. Two of them went for 46 and one for 40.

He's 6'6" with long arms and he shoots good from outside. He really doesn't have trouble shooting over someone in good position. Plus he has a good idea where the ball is going so he picks up quite a bit of garbage around the basket.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826397652[/snapback]I know Harriman played UH the past two summers and they told me that Woodacre can carry on team on his shoulders against anybody. Kinda like Jenkins from Cosby I suppose, only a bit better from what I hear.

Sounds like it could take 70 points or more to win this one. When Wartburg played Grace it seemed each team would race up court, make 1 or 2 passes then a shot went up. The Bulldogs eventually wore Grace down because of their press, tempo and depth (they play 10 or 11).

Shannon will be a tough match-up for UH. He is for everybody right now. I wouldn't be suprised if he's averaging 30-35 points per game in the last 10-15 games. I know of at least 8 30-point games in the last 13 games I can think of. Two of them went for 46 and one for 40.

He's 6'6" with long arms and he shoots good from outside. He really doesn't have trouble shooting over someone in good position. Plus he has a good idea where the ball is going so he picks up quite a bit of garbage around the basket.

I've seen University High play many teams. Their margine of defeat was always around 2-5 points so even on their bad nights it was close ball game, so 10 points is next to stupid. Next all 5 starters made the all confrence team for University School so they will bring out great players, coming off the bench players like Padgett and Denton go in and work very hard in their respected areas. As for those great starters Woodacre is ELECTRIC and as of late has shown a very hot hand from anywhere on the floor as well as finding the open man with little difficulty. Burton has no fear in takin the ball to the basket on anyone 6 foot even or 6 foot 6 it doesn't matter, he slashes in and takes the ball up, on, and over anyone. Heaton plays all around good ball with good passing and a strong in your face d, as well as making any hustle play. Finally, the two posts Nickles and King. King is a true center and will go up strong everytime to the basket when he has the oppertunity, especially with Woodacre's incredible passing, Nickles on the other hand is a finesse player who can use a bevy of post moves on anyone at anytime. Woodacre, King, Nickles, and Burton all rebound on both sides of the glass very well. As a team University plays very good position defense and will work all night long to frustrate and hold great players to mediocre scoring. D.J. score 30 i doubt it. Finally, University is well coached and will be well prepared for Wartburg, as well their conditioning is almost unparralleled.

oh one more thing http://wchs.k12tn.net/athletics/bbasketbal...anh/tydunk.html count the steps for yourself...i got 5 on the initial watch

King through it down on Crockett and it only took 2 steps.