IA State Championship

danba

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826402072[/snapback]I like TCA and I'm picking them to make it to the championship game. The only thing that concerns me, this is TCA's first state tournament appearance, sometimes teams are overwhelmed by the atmosphere and the pressure but sometimes not. I hope it comes down to a TCA/Gleason matchup in the finals.

Well, sorry TCA fans but the greenfieldfan curse just hit you......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just had to get that in......seriously I think that TCA has an excellent chance, but they will have to beat 3 good teams to do it. Collinwood (guard play is outstanding), Clarkrange/OS, and probably Gleason or Jackson County. Much like Jackson Northside in AA, if they win it, they will have proven they are the best by beating the best to do it.

Good luck to all...

most years teams with 30 plus wins get beat bad by a team with more losses simply because they have not played good competition ,they don't know how to handle pressure and the denfenses thrown at them.By playing aa and aaa schools plus the best in single a gets you ready for state action even with several losses but you still have to guard against a letdown and not beat yourself

QUOTE(tcaladylionsfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826402053[/snapback]I like your thinking here except for the outcome of the championship game. Why do you give TCA such a chance?

Like the size of Trinity and the defense of Gleason. I will go with defense.

QUOTE(danba @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826401476[/snapback]Hey Jamie...Special Ed...yep.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Then I could be getting one of those government checks also. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I will buy you a cup of coffee anytime you want one even if Collinwood go out in the first round. If I see you in Murfreesboro, I will even buy you a steak at the Rynn. Have fun good neighbor. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Collinwood has a very good ball team and so sorry they could not get it together today. Cpmgrats on a very remarkable season. Jamie the steak at the Rynn is still open if interested.

So far today, I have watched 3 Class A games and I am fixing to watch a fourth. Rating the teams I have seen today.

1. Oliver Springs

2. CLarkRange (will dominate next year)

3. Trinity CHristian

4. Gleason

5. Collinwood (Coach made no adjustments)

6. Forrest (did not show up)

If Jackson County wins, Jackson County will beat Gleason.

Oliver Springs and TC will be interesting.

If I had to vote today for Ms. BBall, I would have to write in someone else. Andrews passed up many open shots that hurt her team. Hudson is great for a smaller player, but will only play small time College ball. Leonard is sitting home. I would have to good at Temple for Ms. Basketball now.

Team of the future, CLARKRANGE

Seriously? You think Jackson Co., who is struggling with Cloudland right now, is gonna beat Gleason who just knocked out the defending state champ(who beat Jackson last year in the final)? I'm not saying Gleason is gonna win, but wow that is a pretty certain statement from you.

I think Gleason is going to take it all this year.

Unless you can stop Hudson, you aren't stopping Gleason.

Don't rule out Forrest next year....we're only losing one senior

and these girls are gonna be back....Guaranteed!

Lady Rockets, thanks for an awesome season. We're proud of what

you did accomplish this year.

QUOTE(spojo20 @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826403912[/snapback]Seriously? You think Jackson Co., who is struggling with Cloudland right now, is gonna beat Gleason who just knocked out the defending state champ(who beat Jackson last year in the final)? I'm not saying Gleason is gonna win, but wow that is a pretty certain statement from you.