Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan,

You are always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You don't know squat about any of this so go post where you have a clue.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(StanTrott @ Mar 13 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826410523[/snapback]This is one of the worst-conceived ideas for a thread I have seen.

This thread must be a place for frustrated cynics to voice their opinion

when no one in the community wants to hear it.

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Most football coaches who coach track are just trying to pick up a cheap extra couple thousand bucks. Stevens if probably doing the same thing. However, if the Cats go 5 and 5 again, then the extra money would be his most expensive mistake ever. He needs to get his house in order rather than being the 4th team sprint coach at Oak Ridge...maybe he has fixed the problems...time will tell

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826410323[/snapback]Pettus...you write like a 3rd grader. You embarass both yourself, your family, and your beloved oak ridge with that type of grammar and spelling. Please stop posting until you can pass the TCAP and/or English 10 Gateway. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

he might write like a 3rd grader but at least he can count. when you say both talk about 2 things not three.

TC

QUOTE(extremefury @ Mar 13 2007 - 02:58 PM) 826410490[/snapback]Must be one of Ole Dad's Cronies. There is another upside, he is also the only Oak Ridge coach to beat your beloved Warriors. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Not anyone's crony. I have never met Ole Dad and unless a miracle happens I don't expect to. As to beating us, yes it happened. Thing is with Stevens Coaching I don't expect it to EVER happen again. 5-5 teams do NOT beat R'dale. Could I be wrong, yes but it does not happen often.

When I came to Oak Ridge for a couple of games I experienced a great atmosphere laden with a WINNING tradition. Thing is now can you say the same thing there? Yes there is still the steps and the train whistles, but do the players really pass on that winning tradition now or are they just going thru the motions?

Yes football Coaches can coach two sports, but do they really do it well? For instance our track Coach is also our receiver coach, but you know how little we pass. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If they are gonna coach track they need to be doing it to recruit good fast players for the FOOTBALL team. After all just how much money does track meets bring into the school vs what football brings in. Last time I checked football brings in about 70% of all sports revenue vs the other sports. This not only applys to high school but any school at any level. Even at the summer olympics there is not the 100,000+ fans that are at Neyland Stadium on ANY given home game.

Did you hire Stanton Stevens? Did you write his job description?

You are a coward. You come on here and hide behind a message

board name, and you cut down down Coach Stevens all the time.

I'm confident you have never coached the game.

Your nose is up your butt.

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Mar 13 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826410580[/snapback]Stan,

You are always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You don't know squat about any of this so go post where you have a clue.

Ole Dad

Stan,

My point exactly. You don't know crap about OR or anyone on here. Go back to Midlle Tennessee and post where they already know you are a little whining baby who meddles in all the posts.

The OR posters know who I am and Stanton knows who I am. I never hired him, and by the way "ole genius" the committee did not recommend his hiring on two seperate occasions, but I am not an advocate of firing him either....just him committing to win and doing what is required.

My nose may me up my butt but yours is up lots of guys butts.

Be careful guys...Stan is notorious for closing posts he doesn't like. Don't hurt his feelings.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(StanTrott @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826410849[/snapback]Did you hire Stanton Stevens? Did you write his job description?

You are a coward. You come on here and hide behind a message

board name, and you cut down down Coach Stevens all the time.

I'm confident you have never coached the game.

Your nose is up your butt.

Reprint of article today about Karns new coach. Great quote from Reeves.

Reeves, 36, was an assistant coach at William Blount for 11 years before leaving in 2005.

He landed at East Paulding High School in Dallas, Ga., where, last season, he served as passing game coordinator under former Alcoa head coach John Reid. There, Reeves also worked alongside former Maryville coach Tim Hammontree, former Pigeon Forge coach David Ryan and former Soddy-Daisy coach Glen Ryan.

East Paulding went 12-2 last season, losing in the Class 4A state semifinals.

"I've had the opportunity to work for some good coaches, and the one thing they have in common is they work," said Reeves. "And we're going to work.

Thanks,

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826410730[/snapback]Most football coaches who coach track are just trying to pick up a cheap extra couple thousand bucks. Stevens if probably doing the same thing. However, if the Cats go 5 and 5 again, then the extra money would be his most expensive mistake ever. He needs to get his house in order rather than being the 4th team sprint coach at Oak Ridge...maybe he has fixed the problems...time will tell

Let me see if I got this right....you can criticize Stevens

all day long from the bleachers and behind a screen name,

but no one can criticize you, right?

How much do you know about coaching? You never coached,

right? Never hired a coach, right?

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Mar 14 2007 - 06:07 AM) 826411156[/snapback]Stan,

My point exactly. You don't know crap about OR or anyone on here. Go back to Midlle Tennessee and post where they already know you are a little whining baby who meddles in all the posts.

The OR posters know who I am and Stanton knows who I am. I never hired him, and by the way "ole genius" the committee did not recommend his hiring on two seperate occasions, but I am not an advocate of firing him either....just him committing to win and doing what is required.

My nose may me up my butt but yours is up lots of guys butts.

Be careful guys...Stan is notorious for closing posts he doesn't like. Don't hurt his feelings.

Ole Dad