Can the East win it in single A since Union City got upset?

Icy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(H-Town Vikes @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826411020[/snapback]Union City is by-far the best team in single A this year. But, when your gameplan is to " Live and Die by the 3" then you've gotta be on all night. That night, the 3's weren't raining like i normally see from the Union City squad. Humboldt wanted it more that night and played thier hearts out. I garantee you that if u take any team in the state tourny(excluding Humboldt and Westside), Union City would rip them into pieces with 3 affter 3 after 3. So if ur trying to seem funny, get a better job.

Their will be only one team that can say they are "No doubt-BEST IN THE STATE". And we will find out Saturday who that is!!!!! Everybody else may have had good seasons, but their will only be 1 STATE CHAMP!!!!! Everybody else can accept that or make excuses. That's what is great about this game. On any given night you can get beat if you are not prepared.

You are serious?!?!

How can you say that the best team in the state is at home??? They didn't even get into a sectional game!! Whatever region you guys are from- you are WAY too full of yourselves...what have you done in the current decade that makes you think you are that dominant???- last year is all you have......

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826411361[/snapback]You are serious?!?!

How can you say that the best team in the state is at home??? They didn't even get into a sectional game!! Whatever region you guys are from- you are WAY too full of yourselves...what have you done in the current decade that makes you think you are that dominant???- last year is all you have......

No last year is not all they have.....They were dominant in AA before the moved down to Single A...winning 3 state championships.....They come from the best region in A basketball....

West TN has won 3 1A state basketball championships in the last 10 years.

WEST

Union City (2006)

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

Perry Co. (1997)

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826411364[/snapback]No last year is not all they have.....They were dominant in AA before the moved down to Single A...winning 3 state championships.....They come from the best region in A basketball....

Dominant? Only 1 State Championship in 10 years?

2006 Liberty

2005 Bolivar Central

2004 Bolivar Central

2003 Giles County

2002 Ridgeway

2001 B.T. Washington

2000 Ridgeway

1999 Carver

1998 Kingsbury

1997 Union City

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826411368[/snapback]West TN has won 3 1A state basketball championships in the last 10 years.

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

Perry Co. (1997)

I believe out of your 2100+ posts,this is the 500th time you have posted this....We get it....But the last two years there has only been west Tennessee teams playing in the championship game..By the way you posted three and didn't put down Union City in 2006...Oh and if you want to count Union City again,they won it all in AA in 1997

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826411361[/snapback]You are serious?!?!

You could probably ask anybody in A that has played Union City this year and probably the AA teams they have played...I imagine even the Brentwood Acd people would go along with it also....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826411376[/snapback]I believe out of your 2100+ posts,this is the 500th time you have posted this....We get it....But the last two years there has only been west Tennessee teams playing in the championship game..By the way you posted three and didn't put down Union City in 2006...Oh and if you want to count Union City again,they won it all in AA in 1997

I believe this is the first time I have posted this and if you'll look at the new post I made you will see I corrected that, but thanks anyway for your concern and interests in my posts.

Cool. Where do we go to see Union City play this March? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The definition of choking is allowing someone you beat by double digits during the regular season to knock you out in regions. Living by the 3 for 30 games and dying in one is also choke city. The other team wanted it more? Choked again.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826411439[/snapback]Cool. Where do we go to see Union City play this March? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The definition of choking is allowing someone you beat by double digits during the regular season to knock you out in regions. Living by the 3 for 30 games and dying in one is also choke city. The other team wanted it more? Choked again.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda

You have no idea what you are talking about..None....

A couple of years ago when Union City was in AA they were 31-2 and #1 ranked entering a region game with Ripley...They lost that game after having beating Ripley earlier in the year by 30+...That was choke-job,no doubt....The game they lost to Humboldt in the region semis,they played a pretty good game and hit 15 three pointers with Mr Basketball Finalist MJ Brown scoring a career high 32 points..They lost the game 86-83,it wasn't like they didn't show-up..The two regular season games with Humboldt,the Vikings had leads in both games,by 11 in the third quarter at Humboldt...Humboldt and Lake County were both picked above Union City in preseason....The level of competition in that district doesn't allow for much of a margin of error,like you have in most other 1A districts...Give Humboldt credit for the win,they almost played a perfect game...Saying Union City choked discredits Humboldt's win.....This district had three teams in it that had they made it to Murfreesboro would have had a shot at winning the tournament....Matter of fact Humboldt has already played in two post season tournaments with better teams than they will see in Murfreesboro....